Author Topic: From Mark Levin's facebook page  (Read 1598 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
From Mark Levin's facebook page
« on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
As many of you know I'm not a fan of pundits or fringe media muckrakers but it did find this little tid bit interesting:

http://therightscoop.com/boom-dan-bongino-serves-the-gop-establishment-with-divorce-papers/

I liked how Bongino described how the GOP used to be:

As for the GOP, we used to stand for something; a lean, effective government, vibrant and robust individual liberty, and a passionate defense of the value of hard work and a commensurate respect for your wages by consistently fighting for your right to keep more of them. Where do you stand now? I know where the grassroots does.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
Re: From Mark Levin's facebook page
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »
*Wild applause*
I'm really tired of Boehner's need to preserve the squishy rino contingent that he belongs to.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 11:02:17 AM »
Thumbs up. The Republican establishment needs to wake up, but they won't.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:04:41 AM »
As for the GOP, we used to stand for something; a lean, effective government, vibrant and robust individual liberty, and a passionate defense of the value of hard work and a commensurate respect for your wages by consistently fighting for your right to keep more of them.

Ah yes - the good old days  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
The GOP has always and only stood for big government.  Just their form of big government. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
Us small government libertarian minded folks have always been a thorn in the modern era GOP's side.

Reagan did a lot to bring us into the big tent coalition. In hind sight maybe the worse thing that could have happened to liberty.

Regardless, I'm done with the GOP as far as party line voting goes. I may vote for a random GOP candidate here and there if they have sufficiently proved themselves to have acted and voted in a liberty friendly way. No more voting on the rhetoric and then getting sold out later (the GOP way). 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »
The GOP has always and only stood for big government.  Just their form of big government. 

Might want to revise that statement in the face of folk like:

Barry Goldwater

Recent enough to not need examples.

Warren G Harding
Took a machete to Woodrow Wilson's progressive-fascist gov't.  Strangled the infant Progressive flowering in gov't in the crib.  Reduced size and scope of gov't dramatically.

Calvin Coolidge
Continued WGH's gov't reductions.

"When you see ten problems rolling down the road, if you don't do anything, nine of them will roll into a ditch before they get to you."
----Calvin Coolidge

"It is more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones"
----Calvin Coolidge

"They criticize me for harping on the obvious; if all the folks in the United States would do the few simple things they know they ought to do, most of our big problems would take care of themselves."
----Calvin Coolidge

"... it is probable that a press which maintains an intimate touch with the business currents of the nation is likely to be more reliable than it would be if it were a stranger to these influences. After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world."
----President Calvin Coolidge's address to the American Society of Newspaper Editors, Washington D.C., January 25, 1925

...the ultimate assessment of his presidency is still divided between those who approve of his reduction of the size of government programs and those who believe the federal government should be more involved in regulating and controlling the economy.

With the exception of favoring increased tariffs, Coolidge disdained regulation, and carried about this belief by appointing commissioners to the Federal Trade Commission and the Interstate Commerce Commission who did little to restrict the activities of businesses under their jurisdiction.[102] The regulatory state under Coolidge was, as one biographer described it, "thin to the point of invisibility."

Robert Taft

As the U.S. Senate's main opponent of President Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal domestic policies, after Roosevelt's death Taft successfully led the conservative coalition's effort to curb the expanding power of labor unions in America. Taft was also a major advocate of the foreign policy of non-interventionism.

Cooperating with conservative southern Democrats, he led the Conservative Coalition that opposed the New Deal. The Republican gains in the 1938 congressional elections, combined with the creation of the Conservative Coalition, had stopped the expansion of the New Deal. However, Taft saw his mission as not only stopping the growth of the New Deal but also eliminating many of the government programs that had already come from it.

A staunch non-interventionist, Taft believed that America should avoid any involvement in European or Asian wars and concentrate instead on solving its domestic problems. He believed that a strong U.S. military, combined with the natural geographic protection of the broad Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, would be adequate to protect America even if the Nazis overran all of Europe. Between the outbreak of war in September 1939 and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941 Taft opposed nearly all attempts to aid Allied forces fighting the Nazis in Europe.

Taft condemned the postwar Nuremberg Trials as victor's justice under ex post facto laws, in which the people who won the war were the prosecutors, the judges, and the alleged victims – all at the same time. Taft condemned the trials as a violation of the most basic principles of American justice and internationally accepted standards

I could vote for a Zombie Cal. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:06:09 PM »
Goldwater, Harding, Coolidge....whatever happened to leaders of this kind.  We need 'em again.  We need 'em BAD.
But there aren't any.  Even Ryan, who once appeared promising, is a sell-out.
What the H3LL happened to the republican party and just WHY am I still registered R ? ? ? ? ?

Need to buy more  MREs, and more ammo......     AGAIN...... :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 12:21:46 PM »
Goldwater, Harding, Coolidge....whatever happened to leaders of this kind.  We need 'em again.  We need 'em BAD.
What the H3LL happened to the republican party and just WHY am I still registered R ? ? ? ? ?

I might also suggest waders and TP, as the $h!t seems to keep piling up...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: From Mark Levin's facebook page
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »

These type of leaders still exist today. Very few are in politics because of the costs to their health and family just to run and because they are unlikely to win since they are honest, hardworking, and forthright.

Further, they would likely be demonized as horrid "war on women" so-cons because most also happen to think murdering babies in the womb is as bad as murdering them outside the womb.

(I say this because most so-cons are also fi-cons. Those who think they can have one without the other will be waiting forever for that coalition to form.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Re: Re: From Mark Levin's facebook page
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 12:45:37 PM »
These type of leaders still exist today. Very few are in politics because of the costs to their health and family just to run and because they are unlikely to win since they are honest, hardworking, and forthright.

Further, they would likely be demonized as horrid "war on women" so-cons because most also happen to think murdering babies in the womb is as bad as murdering them outside the womb.

(I say this because most so-cons are also fi-cons. Those who think they can have one without the other will be waiting forever for that coalition to form.)

They exist in both parties, problem is both parties feel the need to impose some sort litmus test that media eats up and discredits the people who should be leading the country.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 12:54:44 PM »
Goldwater (who lost horribly) aside, post-WWII I haven't seen any President from either party do much to slow the growth of fed.gov.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »
Goldwater (who lost horribly) aside, post-WWII I haven't seen any President from either party do much to slow the growth of fed.gov.

I was only 7 years old when Goldwater ran, and even at that age I could tell he would be a good man for the job.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »
I was only 7 years old when Goldwater ran, and even at that age I could tell he would be a good man for the job.

But but but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »
But but but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k

And the left hasn't changed a bit since then...

Of course, that sort of thing has been going on since the birth of politics, and the same stupid people still believe it.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 09:51:37 PM »

This. Right. There.  Dropping 75+ year old examples of when the GOP had a spine....No, Timmy, there is no Santa Claus.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 09:42:01 AM »
The Republicans started out as the party of Big Government: enforcing tariffs and the first income tax, IIRC.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin