Author Topic: Moar Flying the Friendly Skies  (Read 1887 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Moar Flying the Friendly Skies
« on: July 06, 2017, 12:46:21 PM »
United Airlines steps on its crank again:

http://www.newser.com/story/245289/united-sorry-after-reselling-toddlers-seat.html

"Gosh, we're sorry." (But we sold your son's $2,000 seat for $3,500.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Moar Flying the Friendly Skies
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:07:48 PM »
They sold his $1000 seat for $75.   :mad:

One of the details that really pisses me off, is in their statement about it, they say they are going to offer her something (they didn't say what; it should start with a full refund of both tickets) as a "goodwill gesture".
"It's good, though..."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:27:39 PM »
They sold his $1000 seat for $75.   :mad:

One of the details that really pisses me off, is in their statement about it, they say they are going to offer her something (they didn't say what; it should start with a full refund of both tickets) as a "goodwill gesture".

According to a report I saw, they refunded ONE (1) ticket and gave her a travel voucher.

That'll fix it. Nice job, United.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 04:39:55 PM »
She wanted to complain but remembered other United incidents in the news. "The violence. Teeth getting knocked out," she says. "I'm Asian. I'm scared and I felt uncomfortable. I didn't want those things to happen to me." Five days after the flight, United offered Yamauchi a refund for Taizo's ticket, a travel voucher, and an apology, claiming Taizo's boarding pass wasn't properly scanned and gate agents believed he hadn't checked in. But Yamauchi says she saw agents scan Taizo's ticket. "It just doesn't add up," she says.

It's important to remember, NEVER ACCEPT THE TRAVEL VOUCHER. Demand a check, the rates are federally mandated.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
The fact that this sort of cr@p keeps happening over and over serves to illustrate the total and complete lack of sincerity in the airline's apologies or "expressions of regret."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »
The article says the child was 27 months old, meaning he doesn't qualify as a lap child.  The FAA isn't going to like that.  There is a chance that United will be paying a fine for allowing that child to travel as a lap child.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 08:26:05 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »
The article says the child was 27 months old, meaning he doesn't qualify as a lap child.  The FAA isn't going to like that.  There is a chance that United will be paying a fine for allowing that child to travel as a lap child.

One would hope that there's more than a "chance." They didn't just "allow" the 27-month old kid to fly as a lap passenger, they forced it to happen after the mother bought a seat for him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
Wasn't it United that had the Asian guy dragged off the plane not long ago? And now another high-profile screw-up with an Asian passenger, and a revoked seat. Interesting.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 10:22:06 PM »
"The station notes that FAA guidelines advise parents against holding kids on their laps."

And didn't that come about as a result of a United crash?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 09:11:53 AM »
Wasn't it United that had the Asian guy dragged off the plane not long ago? And now another high-profile screw-up with an Asian passenger, and a revoked seat. Interesting.

The customer specifically worried about being beaten if she spoke up more aggressively.

"The station notes that FAA guidelines advise parents against holding kids on their laps."

United Airlines Flight 232
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 01:00:01 PM »

Advises.   ;/    But in a car, a child has to be strapped in to specially designed seats.  The whole lap-child idea is stupid and should be disallowed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »
Advises.   ;/    But in a car, a child has to be strapped in to specially designed seats.  The whole lap-child idea is stupid and should be disallowed.

Back when the kids were younger, we always bought them a seat, and put them in a rear facing car seat.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.