Author Topic: Banning Cars, for the children!  (Read 571 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Banning Cars, for the children!
« on: October 20, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »
If you ever doubt that the media wants to disarm you so they can rule you, remember this article.

(For the record the body count was twice what it was for Patrick Purdy in Stockton and yet no call for the banning of motor vehicles).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061020/ap_on_re_us/market_crash
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

...has left the building.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 12:42:13 PM »
I'm all for banning every Buick and Lincoln sedan on the road. I'd really miss getting stuck behind them and going 15 mph under the limit everywhere I go Smiley

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »
My Dad is Buick all the way.  He used to work on them for a living.  He has always driven in a rather, uh, relaxed fashion, at least as long as I've known him.  Except that time he exited via an on-ramp.  shocked

One time, his leisurely driving got us into a little incident of road rage.  Some guy in Dallas threw beer cans at the car, full ones.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 01:38:13 PM »
"Some guy in Dallas threw beer cans at the car, full ones."

Did you pick them up and drink them later? Wink

Several years ago, when school shootings seemed to be at their peak, a guy in California decided he wanted to kill some kids. He drove his older Cadillac into the playground of a pre-school, killing some toddlers and a teacher. As I recall, the incident got very little news coverage.

When I get into discussions with anti-gunners, I'll sometimes issue them the following challenge: I'll stand in the street and let someone with a .45 shoot me from fifty feet away if they will stand in the street and let someone in a Ford Explorer drive over them at 55 mph.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »
Quote from: El Tejon
If you ever doubt that the media wants to disarm you so they can rule you, remember this article.

(For the record the body count was twice what it was for Patrick Purdy in Stockton and yet no call for the banning of motor vehicles).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061020/ap_on_re_us/market_crash
Food for thought for whatever it's worth - according to Clayton Cramer, the two single largest mass murders in American history done by a single individual, were done using gasoline and matches. FWIR, 88 and 90 people killed in the incidents only dating back as far as the late 80's and early 90's, yet the news coverage was scarce compared to Columbine. I personally recall, just five or six years ago, a similar death toll by arson in south korea with gasoline and matches. And a very large death toll (around twenty?) by a Palestinain terrorist in Israel using a motor vehicle at a crowded bus stop.

With as many murderous lunatics as we have running around, we're probably fortunate that the perception of firearms is that they are the most dangerous tool for mass murder if the murderer is seeking  a high body count. It wasn't without cause that the earliest interpeters of the first amendment commented along the lines of "well of course 'freedom of speech' doesn't include right to cry 'fire' in a crowded theater!".
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"