Author Topic: Actress Jane Wyatt 'Father Knows Best' dies at 96  (Read 1406 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Actress Jane Wyatt 'Father Knows Best' dies at 96
« on: October 22, 2006, 03:15:21 PM »

By BOB THOMAS, Associated Press Writer

Sunday, October 22, 2006

(10-22) 16:19 PDT Los Angeles (AP) --

Jane Wyatt, the lovely, serene actress who for six years on "Father Knows Best" was one of TV's favorite moms, has died, said her publicist. She was 96.

Wyatt died Friday in her sleep of natural causes at her home in Bel-Air, according to publicist Meg McDonald. Her death also was confirmed by Bernard Johnson of the funeral home Gates, Kingsley & Gates Moeller Murphy Funeral Directors.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »
God bless her and look after her. RIP.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 03:44:18 PM »
Enjoyed the show, but I always thought that Betty was secretly a Super Freak, into latex suits and all manner of BDSM.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »
I always liked the mom in "lost in space" a little better.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 03:53:29 AM »
Quote from: gunsmith
Well, Jane Wyatt played Spock's mom in Star Trek. . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 08:39:24 AM »
Quote from: HankB
Quote from: gunsmith
Well, Jane Wyatt played Spock's mom in Star Trek. . .
And let us not forget that she played the real-life wife of Ronald Reagan for a while.

Which I guess makes Spock, Reagan's stepson?

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:02:54 AM »
And let us not forget that she played the real-life wife of Ronald Reagan for a while.
Sorry, that is incorrect.  Ronald Reagan's first wife was Jane Wyman, not Jane Wyatt.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943837/bio

So no familial relationship 'tween Spock and The Great Communicator, though I'm sure that SOME sort of linkage can be made in less than six steps.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 09:15:42 AM »
Quote from: Sindawe
Sorry, that is incorrect.  Ronald Reagan's first wife was Jane Wyman, not Jane Wyatt.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943837/bio
Wow.  I've had the wrong lady firmly fixed in my memory for a lot of years.  Thanks for clearing that up.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 10:53:49 AM »
Spocks mom!

fascinating!