Author Topic: Lois Lerner's IRS E-mails- "The Dog Ate My Homework"  (Read 8821 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Lois Lerner's IRS E-mails- "The Dog Ate My Homework"
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 12:23:27 AM »
I'm required to do an annual review of our corporate records retention policy. Said policy is based on federal laws. I want the IRS leadership to be held accountable to the same laws I am subject to.

As grandpa used to say; "Want in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »
Sooo... Now it's apparently the fault of budget cuts that emails can't be recovered:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/23/irs-commissioner-says-agency-is-not-obstructing-congress-in-heated-house/

We've gone another $6-9 TRILLION into debt during that time and this jackwagon  is claiming his agency was too stupid to jump on that gravy train?

In the immortal words of LTG Calvin Waller, "Don't piss on my boots and try to convince me that it's raining."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 07:59:06 AM »
I'm required to do an annual review of our corporate records retention policy. Said policy is based on federal laws. I want the IRS leadership to be held accountable to the same laws I am subject to.

As grandpa used to say; "Want in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first".

I wonder how well it would go over if the IRS audited me and I responded "mmmp, so sorry, hard drive crashed, records gone, innocent until proven guilty."
I don't actually wonder, because I understand that the Justice system is a farce when it comes to the federal government.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 08:07:23 AM »

I work at a Uni and we have to maintain a record of emails for seven years I think. Even if they are deleted by the user the email is still there.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2014, 08:53:34 AM »
Issa appears to be a poor questioner.  Trey Gowdy, on the other hand, did a great job exposing just how full of crap the IRS commissioner was.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/24/gowdy_to_irs_commish_how_do_you_know_no_criminal_act_was_done.html
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:14 AM »
Just a quick reminder folks.  Issa's committee is where good investigations go to die.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 09:37:11 AM »
Just a quick reminder folks.  Issa's committee is where good investigations go to die.

That's pretty much how I see it. Issa is good for scoring himself some political points, not much else.

Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »
But . . . but . . . but . . . wasn't it Issa's committee who put Eric Holder away for contempt, as well as various other Obama administration minions for responding to Committee subpoenas with heavily redacted documents, rather than the complete documents themselves?

Don't know whether to  :rofl:  or   :'(   when I see Issa talking tough on TV . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »

Laws are for little people.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »
I'm waiting for them to drop the real bomb, about how Lois Whateverhernameis's personal computer crash is irrelevent to the recovery of email on an enterprise-type email system. So far I have seen only fringe mentions of it.  Someone needs to tear the whole thing apart by explaining how server archiving works, and grind into dust this fixation on her personal hard drive.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2014, 01:15:58 PM »
I'm waiting for them to drop the real bomb, about how Lois Whateverhernameis's personal computer crash is irrelevent to the recovery of email on an enterprise-type email system. So far I have seen only fringe mentions of it.  Someone needs to tear the whole thing apart by explaining how server archiving works, and grind into dust this fixation on her personal hard drive.

Brad

If someone were to point that out, it would result in Issa's committee having to do some real work and actually be effective.  Not going to happen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2014, 02:00:02 PM »

Brad

I've actually seen it pointed out several times, in the MSM even, not just blogs, but nobody seems to care. Or nobody seems to understand. Not sure which is worse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »
I've actually seen it pointed out several times, in the MSM even, not just blogs, but nobody seems to care. Or nobody seems to understand. Not sure which is worse.

Easy there, I don't think you understand clearly. This is real complex. You see, first there is this series of tubes...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2014, 08:44:31 PM »
When EVER I begin to believe, against all experience, that there's a person in Congress that has a clue, my hopes get stomped.  Now, damnit, Trey Gowdy is setting me up for another crushing disappointment.  His remarks regarding the formation of the Ben Gahzi (who is this Ben fellow, anyway?) in which he took the MSM to the woodshed, gathered my attention.  Now this.  Mark my words, he'll turn out to be a vegan, or Auburn fan, or something.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
The Republicans won't do anything to Obama or his people on any of the scandals. They're too afraid of the public unrest they think will follow. Whether it would or not at this point is debatable.  This is all a show for Republican true believers.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »
The Republicans won't do anything to Obama or his people on any of the scandals. They're too afraid of the public unrest they think will follow. Whether it would or not at this point is debatable.  This is all a show for Republican true believers.
Yes.
Don't forget that the Rs and the Ds play for the the same team as well- team Big Government.

Barack Obama