Author Topic: California county administrator to get $423,644 a year -- after retirement  (Read 4602 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
CA County Admin is retiring after nearly 40 years and she will get the following:

$301,000 base pay
$24,000 in “equity pay” to make sure she makes at least 10 percent more than anyone else in the county, even in retirement.
An annual performance bonus of $24,000, even in retirement.
Another $9,000 a year for serving on the county’s three-member Surplus Property Authority, even in retirement.
$54,000 a year in “longevity” pay for having stayed with the county for more than 30 years, even in retirement.
Like other county executives, she’ll also get an $8,292-a-year car allowance.

She also has a separate executive private pension plan, for which the county chips in $46,500 a year.

(emphasis added by me)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/26/alameda-county-administrator-to-get-423644-year-after-retirement/#ixzz2Of81hdUH

No wonder why CA is so *expletive deleted*ed up.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Alameda - say no more. Not that it isn't happening elsewhere in the state, but that whole area is  scammer local politicians and liberal sheep.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
I’m not a financial wizard, but if you make sure you always pay 10 percent more than everybody else in the country, and your particular goose doesn’t lay 10 percent more golden eggs, well... it doesn't seem like a plan that can work forever.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

brimic

• friends
I’m not a financial wizard, but if you make sure you always pay 10 percent more than everybody else in the country, and your particular goose doesn’t lay 10 percent more golden eggs, well... it doesn't seem like a plan that can work forever

People have been awarded Nobel Prizes in Economics for a whole lot less understanding of how economics works than that. In fact, there are those that believe that if you kill the Golden Goose, they would find and endless supply of golden eggs inside the corpse.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
I’m not a financial wizard, but if you make sure you always pay 10 percent more than everybody else in the country, and your particular goose doesn’t lay 10 percent more golden eggs, well... it doesn't seem like a plan that can work forever.
It would REALLY get entertaining if some other county employee also had a contract guaranteeing 10% more pay than anyone else.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
One word applies: RICO.

This ain't kosher, folks.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

brimic

• friends
Civil servant = Civil master.

Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Our school superintendents are paid their yearly salary (it's around $100k per year) for the rest of their life once they leave the position. They also bring  the superintendent's spouse on the payroll and pay them almost as much...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Our school superintendents are paid their yearly salary (it's around $100k per year) for the rest of their life once they leave the position. They also bring  the superintendent's spouse on the payroll and pay them almost as much...

What a deal.  School supers around here make much more than that to not educate children.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Yep, School District superintendents around here make about 1/2 a Mil a year, get healthcare for life and a state pension at the end of their contracts.  We had one that making over 2 million a year (most from 3 previous jobs) along with healthcare and was collecting on a pension.

And people wonder why Illinois is so screwed up.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Yep, School District superintendents around here make about 1/2 a Mil a year, get healthcare for life and a state pension at the end of their contracts.  We had one that making over 2 million a year (most from 3 previous jobs) along with healthcare and was collecting on a pension.

And people wonder why Illinois is so screwed up.

Why, oh why, did I not get into this racket?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

CNYCacher

• friend
It helps to know, when this topic comes up, that some state employee pension funds aren't funded by taxpayers, but by mandatory employee contributions.

The NY police pension fund is so well-funded by mandatory contributions that it takes in no taxpayer dollars and could support everyone currently in the system until they die even if contributions stopped today.  The teacher fund is similar.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
That does it,  now I know I'm either doing it wrong or in the wrong business.   [barf]

brimic

• friends
The NY police pension fund is so well-funded by mandatory contributions that it takes in no taxpayer dollars and could support everyone currently in the system until they die even if contributions stopped today.  The teacher fund is similar

So in essence you are saying that the taxpayers contribute so much to these funds that they can afford these payouts?
Remember- salaries, benefits, etc are negotiated for and paid by the taxpayers.  I actually have no problems with that system, if the local taxpayers are willing to foot the bill.

Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
This is a de facto junta.  Nothing less.

It needs to be exposed, derided, and ended.   

When taxpayers finally say HELL NO we will see the beginning of the real take-back America movement.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
This is a de facto junta.  Nothing less.

It needs to be exposed, derided, and ended.   

When taxpayers finally say HELL NO we will see the beginning of the real take-back America movement the bureaucratic class take off its gloves, hire 100K thugs with taxpayer or funny money, and try to beat more money out of us like a loan shark demanding his vig.

More likely scenario.  But one can hope for yours.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

CNYCacher

• friend
So in essence you are saying that the taxpayers contribute so much to these funds that they can afford these payouts?
Remember- salaries, benefits, etc are negotiated for and paid by the taxpayers.  I actually have no problems with that system, if the local taxpayers are willing to foot the bill.

You raise an interesting perspective.  Does my boss get to bemoan the nice camera I bought myself with the money he paid me?  To my understanding, the taxpayers vote to pay the police X, and then the police have to contribute Y% of X for the first 7 years only taking home (100-Y)% of X (before taxes).

I suppose your argument boils down to whether or not the base pay is justified.

I suppose that my argument is that when people imagine that pension payments are coming directly out of taxpayer dollars, they are wrong.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

longeyes

• friend
More likely scenario.  But one can hope for yours.

Yours is more plausible, I concede that.

But every play has many acts.  And that one--the brutal application of oppressive force--won't be the last one.  We should expect overreaction, but there's a cost for every insult to nature.

Limit government pensions to $100K a year.  No exceptions.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:05:33 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: California county administrator to get $423,644 a year -- after retirement
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 12:10:01 AM »
NecroSpam!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.