Author Topic: World's Most Damning Endorsement  (Read 5207 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
World's Most Damning Endorsement
« on: December 24, 2009, 01:00:39 AM »
I just had to share this bit from John Scalzi on director Uwe Boll, as Scalzi discusses winners/losers in film scifi in the 2000s.

http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2009/12/scifi-winners-and-losers-of-the-decade.php

WINNER: Uwe Boll. Yes, I know. He's arguably the worst director in the history of history, a pure product of Germany's insane film-oriented tax shelters and the man who put the umlaut in the word "sück." But, you know what? He's managed to make movies all decade long, often with big stars who should have known better. I would rather drag my tongue across 18 yards of feculent glass shards then ever watch another Boll movie, but you can't say he didn't win the decade. Well done, Uwe. Stay the hell away from me.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: World's Most Damning Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »
I clicked on this thread thinking for sure it would be about the Lon Horiuchi endorsement of HS Precision.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 01:09:51 AM »
What ever happened with that anyway? Did they disavow the murdering bastard?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:53:49 AM »
What!?!

Bloodrayne was AWESOME!!!

I clicked on this thread thinking for sure it would be about the Lon Horiuchi endorsement of HS Precision.

Almost forgot about that.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 02:26:32 AM »
What ever happened with that anyway? Did they disavow the murdering bastard?

No.

I personally think of him as more of a "Perjoring, cover-uping, obstruction of justicing, destruction of evidencing, accomplice to murdering, bastard, who allowed whichever of his bosses gave him the order to get way with murder" sort of guy. I don't believe for one short second that he actually "missed". Nor do I believe for one short second that he just chose a non-threatening target out of malice or whimsy.

How can an FBI HRT sniper (catastrophically) miss a shot ten times as easy as Lee Harvey Oswald's? He didn't. If the official story was that he "missed" the shot, why wasn't he fired for incompetance? Two words..."Janet Reno"...OK, six words, "Janet Reno speaking for Bill Clinton".

I will agree that Randy Weaver "asked for it" in the same sense that a prostitute with boobs hanging out in a tiny skirt with no panties is asking for it from a rapist. And I'd give his wife's murderers the same penalty I'd give that rapist... a choice between a painless execution (painless because I'm a Christian) or a coffin sized box in the ground  with a feeding tube and an evacuation tube.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

taurusowner

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 03:27:50 PM »
And I'd give his wife's murderers the same penalty I'd give that rapist... a choice between a painless execution (painless because I'm a Christian) or a coffin sized box in the ground  with a feeding tube and an evacuation tube.

Sure, as long as Kevin Harris gets a hole right next to his for murdering Deputy US Marshal Degan.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 04:48:14 PM »
Even if you completely buy into the official story, why would you want him endorsing your product?  At best he's a bad shot;  not someone I'd want endorsing my stocks.

Wait... I thought we were talking about Uwe Boll?  What's more offensive? Uwe Boll's continued ability to make movies or HS precisions decision to use Lon as a product endorser.... hmmm close one.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
Sure, as long as Kevin Harris gets a hole right next to his for murdering Deputy US Marshal Degan.

It is my understanding that the feds started that engagement by shooting the dog.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
Lethal force against an animal is never an excuse for lethal force against a human.  Even shooting a police dog is not on the same level as using a firearm against a person.  The shooting of the dog is in no way shape or form on the same level as shooting a Deputy Marshal.  Harris is a murderer.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »
Harris is a murderer.

The jury in the case doesn't agree with you, and I don't either. Because only the dog was shot, could Harris possibly know that he wasn't the intended target and would be next?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »
Lethal force against an animal is never an excuse for lethal force against a human.  Even shooting a police dog is not on the same level as using a firearm against a person.  The shooting of the dog is in no way shape or form on the same level as shooting a Deputy Marshal.  Harris is a murderer.

Someone comes on your land, your dog alerts you to the intruder and the intruder shoots your dog, you then........
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

taurusowner

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Someone comes on your land, your dog alerts you to the intruder and the intruder shoots your dog, you then........

Follow the 4 rules and identify my target.  Upon seeing and hearing them identifying themselves as US Marshals, the god damned last thing I would do is try to shoot them.  That's where you, me, and Harris are different.  We shoot intruders who are legitimate bad guys.  Harris shot an intruder who he knew was a cop.  He murdered a police officer who was doing his job because he disagreed politically with the police.  That makes him a murderer.

As far as juries go, shall we revist the OJ case?

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »
ohjesus.

Can't we all admit they are both bad guys?

He was a wacko for shooting the LEO, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.  The whole federal case was a sham.  At worst Weaver was guilty of trimming a shotgun a smidge too short.  They were sneaking up on his land with automatic weapons and camo because he failed to get a $200 tax stamp.  Insanity was abound on both sides.

Soooo, what's Uwe up to now?

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 06:06:59 PM »

That's what I thought too.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
Soooo, what's Uwe up to now?

A Ruby Ridge film?   [popcorn]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
That's where you, me, and Harris are different.  We shoot intruders who are legitimate bad guys.

By definition (MY definition), anyone who enters onto MY property without MY permission and shoots MY dog is a legitimate bad guy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 11:47:53 PM »
Who's up for going over to Ragnar's apartment? If we say we're cops he'll let us do anything we want to him and not defend himself.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 12:04:21 AM »
Who's up for going over to Ragnar's apartment? If we say we're cops he'll let us do anything we want to him and not defend himself.

I'm thinking Zardoz.  On a loop.  With his eyes taped open. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »

Remind me to stay on your good side.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 12:46:38 AM »
The whole federal case was a sham.  At worst Weaver was guilty of trimming a shotgun a smidge too short.

An act done at the whining and cajoling of those who later snuck onto the Weaver's land, shot his dog and child then later attempted to lie their way out of being caught with their their hands in the proverbial cookie jar.

He murdered a police officer terminated a thug who was doing his job trampling where the thug did not belong because he disagreed politically with the police believed in the right of a free man to live the life of his own choosing so long as he bothers not his fellow men.

Fixed it for ya, Herr Danneskjold.

That would be needlessly cruel. 

You forgot the eye drops to keep Ragnar's eyes clear so he doe miss a moment of Mr. Connery's red diapered glory.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 12:58:54 AM »
That would be needlessly cruel. 

You forgot the eye drops to keep Ragnar's eyes clear so he doe miss a moment of Mr. Connery's red diapered glory.

We can't use sterile gel or something?  Fine, fine.  We'll rig up some automated system. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

taurusowner

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 02:10:56 AM »
So personal attacks are kosher on cchristmas with the mods away now?  F off all of you.  Im too drnuk to care what the hell you say right now.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 02:19:27 AM by Ragnar Danneskjold »

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 05:37:42 AM »
>Lethal force against an animal is never an excuse for lethal force against a human<

Lethal force initiated by someone on my property, who then claims to be a police officer? I may not shoot them, but I will lay covering fire while attempting to retreat to my house. Using deadly force without first IDing yourself = bad idea...

>So personal attacks are kosher on cchristmas with the mods away now?<

They aren't making a personal attack, but a hyperbolic threat. NOBODY would ever actually inflict that level (being forced to watch Zardoz on loop) of harm on another person...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 07:24:16 AM »
So personal attacks are kosher on cchristmas ... Im too drnuk to care what the hell you say right now.

That's pure comedy gold right there...intentional or not
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 09:52:45 AM »
So personal attacks are kosher on cchristmas with the mods away now?  F off all of you.  Im too drnuk to care what the hell you say right now.

No, they aren't.  I apologize we weren't around to catch things before they got ugly.

Some of our membership should be ashamed of themselves.

Chris