Author Topic: Harvard grad student gets screwed  (Read 618 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Harvard grad student gets screwed
« on: December 01, 2018, 08:01:07 AM »
If the names of the apartment complex and her roommates were mentioned in the article I missed it. I think the public has a right to know. Bunch of liberal aholes.

Harvard grad student told to move out after roommates find her legally owned firearms 'uncomfortable'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harvard-grad-student-told-to-move-out-of-apartment-after-roommates-find-her-legally-owned-firearms-uncomfortable

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Harvard grad student gets screwed
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:35:12 AM »
 :facepalm:  :facepalm:

[ar15]  [ar15]  [ar15]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »
I suppose, depending on the lease, the landlord may be in the right legally. However the whole thing with the roommates sneaking into her room and searching it is  way across the line, IMO.

I don't like to make gun and drug comparisons, but imagine if she decided to search the roommates' rooms and found heroin. I'm sure the roommates and all the people supporting what they did would be livid about the invasion of privacy.

I ccan't even get into the "guns will go off by themselves..."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:33:03 AM »
If the lease doesn't specify that firearms are banned the the landlord cannot legally request a tenant vacate under that provision.

The whole "best interest" thing also bugs me. They mention the landlord told her that she would be responsible for the remainder of the lease if the other tenants move out. That seems to indicate a group rental agreement. If so, a disagreement between renters about a condition which is legal and not otherwise covered in the lease, thus not a cause for eviction. It's just roommates bickering.

There's also the whole invasion of privacy thing, especially regarding the search for a firearm. It seems there might well be a fair bit of criminal liability there. I think it would be decently easy to establish that each roomate's bedroom would he a private residence with the living room/den as a common area.

The property manager along with the snowflakes' / roommates' parents should be glad Gun Dad isn't an attorney. I don't see it taking much legal effort at all to have all her moving expenses and a fair bit of remaining rent directly funded under court order.

Brad
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:15:27 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB