Author Topic: Ever lost money in a scam? Kofi Annan and the UN want to help!  (Read 1990 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ever lost money in a scam? Kofi Annan and the UN want to help!
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:36:04 AM »
This was accompanied by a particularly BAD picture of Kofi looking like a contemplative 1970s soul singer...

This is probably one of the BEST bad scam attempts I have ever seen in my life. I was sitting here at my desk laughing so hard I've got tears in my eyes...  laugh

ZENITH BANK COMPENSATION UNIT, IN AFFILIATION WITH THE UNITED NATION. Send acopy of your response to official email: infozenithbank@sify.com

Dear Friend,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family?,You may not understand why this mail came to you.

We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2 days ago with the former  secretary to the UNITED NATIONS.

This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of US$ 500,000,00 This includes every foriegn contractors that may have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc.

We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you, this have been agreed upon and have been signed.

You are advised to contact Mr. Jim Ovia of ZENITH BANK NIGERIA PLC, as he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your Cheque/ International Bank Draft of USD$ 500,000,00 This funds are in a Bank Draft for security purpose ok? so he will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice.

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your correct mailing address where you want him to send the Draft to you.

Conatct Mr. Jim Ovia immediately for your Cheque:

Person to Contact Mr. Jim Ovia
Email: iXXXk@sify.com

Thanks and God bless you and your family.Hoping to hear from you as soon as you cash your Bank Draft.

Making the world a better place

Regards,

Mr. Kofi Anan
Former Secretary (UNITED NATIONS).
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Re: Ever lost money in a scam? Kofi Annan and the UN want to help!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »
One of these days I'll get around to making a fake e-mail address, jsut to see what responses to this stuff gets me.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 02:56:25 AM »
Somewhere on the net, there is a website with a long email chain of someone going round and round with the old Nigerian scam people.  It was actually pretty funny.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 03:12:27 AM »
One of these days I'll get around to making a fake e-mail address, jsut to see what responses to this stuff gets me.

Done that already, its gets boring real fast

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:07:52 AM »
http://www.419eater.com probably the best site out there!  Check out the trophy room.

http://www.nigerianscams.org/

http://www.nigerianspam.com/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TF_FH

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:20:14 AM »
What always amazes me is that people actually fall for those things.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 05:51:28 AM »

These are the kind of people who will click on anything that pops up. Remember the guy that programmed a popup to say "This is a virus! Do not click!" (there was not a virus at all, but a counter). A whole lot of people clicked on it.

Makes me wonder how these idiots keep their keyboards working with all the drool on it.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
Makes me wonder how these idiots keep their keyboards working with all the drool on it. 

That is a problem.  I go through a lot of them. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »
It's been quite a while since I've won the Belgian Lottery or had someone from Nigeria want to give me a cut of some US Aid or oil money, and what shows up in the ol' bulk mail folder today but this from my brand new bestest friend in the whole world...... Cole Gomez........laugh grin rolleyes

My Good Friend,

Please do not be surprise to receive this mail.

My name is Cole Gomez, I am Regional Director of GLOBAL SECURITY/FINANCE COMPANY in the Gambia West Africa.

I write to share this confidential business transaction with you.
We had a foreign client who deposited a huge sum of money (US$10 Million) with our Company. Eventually the client dead and since incidence, no body has come for the claim of this fund as the next of kin.

A situation I have monitored closely with my position as the regional director of this Company for many years. Now, having monitored this deposit and managed it over the years before his death, and hence nobody has showed up as the next of kin for the past years, I have removed the file to my private volt.

I hereby write to solicit for your assistance to present you as the next of kin as every other arrangement has being concluded by me and I am only waiting for a foreigner to enable me move the fund to his account.

This does not have any risk attached to it as all the internal documentations will be handled by me. I therefore request you to confirm your interest by a return message and I will furnish you with details.

Your interest will be negotiable before we commence the operation. Your immediate respond to this mail, is highly anticipated.

My best Regards,
Mr.Cole Gomez
Private e-mail: colegomez00@gmail.com

Please if you are interested in this transaction, Kindly reply me with my private e-mail address below:
colegomez00@gmail.com
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »
I love the ones where someone's been ousted in a coup, and they need to get the deceased's money outta the country. I am happy to advise them that my company will be happy to provide training cadre, small arms, and ancillary material to support a countercoup, and that one of our officer corps will be contacting them shortly.

I have NEVER received a response.

Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 09:42:01 PM »
We could gang up on one of these nutbags and have a lot of fun.  There are some pretty creative folks around here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 07:44:50 AM »
419 Eater is pretty good.  Thescambaiter.com is much better.  They have many hilarious methods of fighting scams but the site owner's favorite is called a "freight bait".  He owns a computer store but has a fake site, www.anuslaptops.com, that he uses to lure in  scammers.  They start by sending him a fake check for laptops, and often agree to be a reseller of them in Nigeria by filling out dozens of sheets of nonsense franchise applications.

He then asks the scammer to send DHL to "Anus Laptops" on his behalf, which means the scammer is responsible for paying the shipping charges, in cash, on delivery.  What he ends up getting is a bunch of junk, anything from dead, useless old laptops to washers, dryers, bricks, old motherboards and power supplies, etc.  The site owner, who usually baits by the name "Butch Driveshaft", blames the shipment of junk either on one of his employees or a DHL employee, in an attempt to get the scammer to accept more shipments of junk.  You'd be surprised how often it works.  Throw in some hilarious photos that Butch demands the scammers to take (many NSFW) and some great phone calls, and you have some of the best entertainment available.

Here are some of the photos that scammers have taken, many definitely NSFW!!!!: http://thescambaiter.com/forum/vbimghost.php?do=viewimages&id=2&pp=30&page=3

Start by reading this very long, hilarious, legendary bait: http://thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132
This scammer accepted 9 or 10 shipments, spent thousands of dollars receiving them, and was run out of his hometown because he couldn't repay his scam investors.

Enjoy!

Strings

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »
I was gonna mention The Scam Baiter, and the lengendary saga of Cole 2.0... ya beat me to it!

Just be careful playing with scammers: you may end up dead by the governor and his wood od dead... cheesy

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 02:06:30 PM »

These are the kind of people who will click on anything that pops up. Remember the guy that programmed a popup to say "This is a virus! Do not click!" (there was not a virus at all, but a counter). A whole lot of people clicked on it.

But they have an anti-virus program right?  Cheesy
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 08:15:50 PM »
I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm still under a voodoo death curse for stringing on a scammer a couple of years ago.

It was quite fun.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 03:08:50 AM »

--- kaluo dikko <k.d01@hotmail.fr> wrote:

>
> From Kaluo Dikko
> Abidjan, Ivory Coast
> West Africa.

>                       Dear One
>  After going through your profile i decided to
> contact you for friendship and assistace.I am Master
> Kaluo Dikko the only child of Mr and Mrs Mohammed
> Dikko,my father was killed on a coup plot  by the
> rebels because of not insupport of the coup, before
> his death he told me as his only child because my
> mother died when am young and told me about the
> money($9.500.000)
> he deposited in a bank here in our country before
> his dead he told me that i shall look for some one
> whom i trust to help me transfer this money out of
> this our country  to his account for investment
> purpose abroad while i will continue my education
> then the person will be managing the investment.Dear
> am solicating your assistance to help me transfer
> this money out of this country for my life sake
> while i will come to meet you to continue my
> education in your country.Dear am looking forward to
> hear from you so that we can discuss on what will
> beyour compersation for this assistace.
> ThanksFaithfully
> Kaluo Dikko
> Dearest Kaluo,

Praise be unto Allah it is your lucky day.  The compnay I work for will be happy to provide training cadre, small arms, and ancillary material to support a countercoup, and that one of our officer corps will be contacting you shortly.  We have done work in Africa, the Balkaans, and Iraq.  We are quite skilled and can restore your family to power. The agent will meet you at the airport tomorrow at noon.
Being my friend, you may hereforto call me "Lefty". 

Col. Jack "Lefty" Mihoff.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”