Author Topic: Whose side is MediaMatters on?  (Read 780 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Whose side is MediaMatters on?
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
It seems that MediaMatters is accusing Facebook of aiding and abetting climate deniers to spread false information.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/07/31/Facebook-has-a-climate-denial-problem/220855

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it generally the climate "deniers" who have to keep pointing out where the climate change acolytes have been lying and fudging the numbers in order to "prove" their hypothesis?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Whose side is MediaMatters on?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »
In alt-right circles there is a term tossed around, holiness spiral.

The left eating it’s own as it demands more and more ideological purity is a holiness spiral.

YMMV etc.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »
In alt-right circles there is a term tossed around, holiness spiral.

The left eating it’s own as it demands more and more ideological purity is a holiness spiral.

YMMV etc.

I think seeing them attack each other like that is a good sign they are losing and they know it.  They refuse to admit they were wrong (so the blame must lie somewhere) and they retreat to their "I am Right!" safe place. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »
What they are doing (pushing harder left) isn't working. The obvious solution is to do it harder and faster.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:21:20 PM »
Speaking of climate change, I just went to The Weather Channel to check the forecast for this week. The Weather Channel is very much on the side of climate change being indisputable, accepted scientific fact, so it was no surprise to see the slant they threw at a story about Scituate, Massachusetts, which suffered devastating flooding during a series of strong nor'easters in March of this year.

https://features.weather.com/exodus/chapter/never-the-same-every-year/

But the reality is that storms are never predictable, and changes to seashores are inevitable. Sometimes the shoreline gets eaten away, other times it gets built up. There was a story a few months back about a town, I think in Ireland, that used to have a beautiful beach many years ago. Then the beach was eroded. Recently, it came back. (I don't recall if it subsequently went away again.)

Of course, what the article doesn't tell us is that it's not the entire town of Scituate that's washing away, it's houses built directly on the beach. And parts of Scituate, if you look it up on Google Maps, is basically coastal dunes and barrier islands. Not quite "islands," but barrier peninsulas -- basically like Long Island is to Connecticut and Rhode Island, or like Galveston and Goat Island are to Texas, but on a smaller scale.

The fact is that nothing should be built in/on such locations in the first place. But acknowledging that wouldn't support he narrative, so those words must never be spoken or written.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
It seems that MediaMatters is accusing Facebook of aiding and abetting climate deniers to spread false information.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/07/31/Facebook-has-a-climate-denial-problem/220855

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it generally the climate "deniers" who have to keep pointing out where the climate change acolytes have been lying and fudging the numbers in order to "prove" their hypothesis?

"Climate-deniers," eh? Are those people that claim deserts are not particularly dry? Do they bring their cross-country skis to the Amazon?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife