Author Topic: Las Vegas mass murder was...  (Read 1638 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Las Vegas mass murder was...
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2022, 11:04:33 PM »
I just know that I've never heard bump/crank guns that regular.

Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2022, 11:18:34 PM »
I just know that I've never heard bump/crank guns that regular.

They probably ate more fiber than yours.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2022, 08:04:42 AM »
I saw a video of the shooting, there was absolutely two shooters, one was a semi and one either bump or select fire . I heard two distinct rifles , one sounded like an AK.

You just described how many sound shooting a bump fire stock in the first part. Add echos from buildings and it can often sound like multiple different guns at the same time.

Watch some videos of shoots fired in the city, from the echos off buildings you would swear there's more than shooter when usually there isn't. Buildings play havoc with acoustics. We saw this recently with the Highland Park July 4th shooter.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2022, 08:21:45 AM »
FWIW, one of the guys I deployed with was at that shooting, and I talked to him later.  He said he thought it was one guy, but there were a lot of shots, and a lot of noise, but he has heard automatic rifle fire in cities before.

(Side note, he stayed in the arena, pulled some folks to cover, and applied a tourniquet to an injured concert-goer.  we put him in for a Soldier's Medal, and it got downgraded to an ARCOM, which is some solid Big Army Bullshit.  For the non .mil folks an ARCOM is the participation ribbon you get for doing a deployment without *expletive deleted*ing s female soldier.  SGT Lawson got screwed.  https://www.usar.army.mil/News/Images/igphoto/2002118680/)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2022, 09:06:34 AM »
Audio from several sources combined with visualizations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ud92nmPZi4

Towards the end (around 10:08 in this video) you can hear the ROF slacking off.  The standard interpretation is that as his arm is getting tired he isn't pushing forward as evenly.

Not the audio analysis I remember watching, but has a part that gives a pretty good description of why some people unfamiliar with the sound of incoming fire would assume there were multiple shooters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsWLq-8g7Mk

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2022, 04:00:03 PM »
 the video I saw/listened to was definitely two different rifles, afaik the hotel is owned by the Saudis , the two top floors were Saudi only ... you do not have to be a truther to recognize that the 9/11 attack had Saudi involvement , we can't do anything about it due to the influence they bought - it is not odd to me at all that a high rise owned and operated by Saudi's could be involved in a terrorist attack
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2022, 04:17:10 PM »
Building is owned by Vici Properties based in NY. After a quick search I'm not seeing any Saudi connection to the company.
Who owns the upper floors 35-39? Four Seasons, a joint venture of Bill Gates and Alwaleed bin Talal.
Shooter was on floor 32
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2022, 04:33:24 PM »
Building is owned by Vici Properties based in NY. After a quick search I'm not seeing any Saudi connection to the company.
Who owns the upper floors 35-39? Four Seasons, a joint venture of Bill Gates and Alwaleed bin Talal.
Shooter was on floor 32

thanks, I only "heard" but never looked into the details of ownership, but I'm sure that true ownership can be easily hidden if wealthy enough.
probably easy to hide/fudge evidence if the actual shooter(s) were on 35-39.
Bill Gates and Alwaleed bin Talal. ... oh. OK, those guys are totally trustworthy, I've changed my mind  [tinfoil] :rofl:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2022, 06:24:17 PM »
I'll just put this here:

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/10/fbis-las-vegas-shooter-report-what-nfa-weapons/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDh3lByv_w&ab_channel=AmmoLandTV

Yeah. Paddock had NFA items when he checked in, and possesed them until they were taken by the "customers", who shot the place up and got outta Dodge.
 [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
7-11 was a part time job.