Author Topic: Real Life Portlandia  (Read 665 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Real Life Portlandia
« on: March 30, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Real Life Portlandia
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »
Sally Krantz, owner of Saffron Colonial, told us she isn't a racist and she doesn't understand the backlash, saying: "I'm not trying to incense anybody. I'm just trying to make food." She added, "The people who own the Rheinlander aren't promoting Nazism, and the people who own the Screen Door aren't promoting slavery."
You don't have to understand the backlash.  Just understand that some people are complete idiots just looking for something to get upset about.  Ignore them and move on.  You can't make everyone happy.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 07:55:53 PM »
Sally Krantz, owner of Saffron Colonial, told us she isn't a racist and she doesn't understand the backlash, saying: "I'm not trying to incense anybody. I'm just trying to make food." She added, "The people who own the Rheinlander aren't promoting Nazism, and the people who own the Screen Door aren't promoting slavery."

Now that I reread that, I'm quite surprised that they haven't gone after the kraut restaurants and delis with accusations of Nazism.

Though I'll invade Portland if the SJWs try and keep me from my rouladen and jagdwurst.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 08:35:48 PM »
I'm finding more and more use for this quote:

"Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one." --Bobby Knight

Terry, 230RN

P.S.  (Observation) Those kids are just practicing to destroy other, bigger things with innuendo and semantic loading.

Like predators, they train with the weakest and smallest prey --using these techniques to wreck a small business.  Just for practice.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:49:53 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.