Author Topic: Wealth redistribution in Russia ?  (Read 1045 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Wealth redistribution in Russia ?
« on: May 10, 2018, 03:31:19 PM »
Door of plane's cargo area opens, dropping 3.4 tons of gold alloy out onto runway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/world/europe/russia-plane-gold.html

Pilot project?

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Wealth redistribution in Russia ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 03:58:53 PM »
Could have been worse, could have been a bit after take off.  They might never have found it all (or even where it landed).

I was thinking it would be great to find it on the ground, but only if it actually missed me first.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »
Jayne / The man they call Jayne / He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor / Stood up to The Man and he gave him what for / Our love for him now ain't hard to explain / The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne / Our Jayne saw the Mudders' backs breakin' / He saw the Mudders' lament / And he saw the Magistrate takin' every dollar, and leavin' five cents / So he said, "You can't do that to my people" / He said, "can't crush them under your heel" / Jayne strapped on his hat / And in five seconds flat / Stole everything Boss Higgins had to steal / He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor / Stood up to The Man and he gave him what for / Our love for him now ain't hard to explain / The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne / Now here is what separates heroes / From common folk like you and I / The man they call Jayne he turned 'round his plane / And let that money hit sky / He dropped it onto our houses / He dropped it into our yards / The man they call Jayne he stole away our pain / And headed out for the stars / He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor / Stood up to The Man and he gave him what for / Our love for him now ain't hard to explain / The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:12:35 PM »
^^^^^ Like!

Sadly it speaks to my ten year old's maturity level that she is introduced to Firefly and her favorite character, with all the empowered women available, is freaking Jayne Cobb. Arrgh.

*Twiddles thumbs, patiently waits for it to get back to mom that whoring is an honorable profession. :D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 10:17:17 PM »
This must be what going mad feels like.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 10:24:17 PM »
Maybe next time we can go to the crappy town where I'm the hero.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »
Did they need grenades?
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy