Author Topic: Weapons cache found at rural compound  (Read 1268 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Weapons cache found at rural compound
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:53:06 PM »
Gentlemen and Ladies, I need your help.

My Mom and Dad discovered four guns stashed under the bed in my old room.  No idea how they got there.  And they have about an acre and a half, with two additional buildings, so they officially live in a "remote compound."  Plus, they're religious and vote third-party. 

Naturally, I called CNN and local PD on those whack-jobs.   laugh

Just kidding on the last part.  We went over to see my folks, tonight, and the first thing Dad says to me is something about "You left your guns under the bed."  Now, I'm NOT the kind of person who has so many guns that he forgets about a few extras he left someplace.*  So I adamantly denied having left any.  This got my Dad all flustered and he kept insisting they were mine.  I can't blame him.  Where else would they come from?  So, being a bit confused at this point myself, I kept demanding to see the weapons, and he kept going on about how they had to be mine. 

Finally, we went in to see what he was talking about.  They were under my bed, with an old foam mattress laying on top of them.  One Marlin Mod. 60W, .22 LR, with gold-colored trigger.  In good shape.  One rusty Marlin "Glenfield"? Mod. 60, also .22LR.  One Marlin 336 .30-30, the kind of gun my dad has always wanted.  Also in pretty good shape, with pistol grip, no checkering.  One nice, glossy Mossberg 500AT with C-Lect choke.  Pretty nice.  Never seen them before in my life, nor owned any Marlins or Mossbergs.   sad

At first we thought they must have belonged to my sister's ex.  But after we ruled him out, Dad seems to remember somebody asking him if they could leave their guns with him.  But he doesn't seem to recall who. 

Any idea how we could find the owner?  I'm hoping he's never found.  Actually, I'm wishing I had just said, "Oh, I've been looking for those.  Thanks."  Dad needs some guns, and I could always use more.   smiley 

*And I hate all of you who are.   angry
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re: Weapons cache found at rural compound
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »
I have also explored the theory that Dad bought the guns secretly, then arranged for Mother to find them. 

Dad:  "Well, lookie there, Honey.  What a windfall.  It's a good thing I listened to you, and didn't buy those guns I wanted.  After all, I had to spend all that money at the sporting goods store for the church softball team."

Mom:  "The church has a softball team?"

Dad:  "Uh, not yet.  We need to buy more equipment.  At least three thousand dollars worth." 

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 02:28:14 AM »
Hey fistful, now I remember who I asked to hold a few guns for me?  Damn almost forgot about them being deployed here in Iraq and all.  If you don't mind could you deliver them to my home in Oklahoma.  I will notify the wife you are going to be bringing them by. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 04:23:11 AM »
Oh, you are just so original, aren't you?   cheesy

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 05:26:13 AM »
Can't blame a guy for trying.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 09:32:03 AM »
gotta be space aliens

bunni

• imfdb.org
    • Internet Movie Firearms Database
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 10:38:09 AM »
I found my first pair of rifles in my mother's closet - a Glenfield Mod. 25 and a Marlin 336.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 07:51:43 PM »
So THAT'S where I ;eft them, Wmenor gave them to me to watch for him while he was in Iraq and I stashed them under your bed. He DID say I could have the 30-30 for taking care of them.  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 10:29:49 AM »
wmenorr67! When I loaned you that 336 I fully expected you to return it!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 01:55:23 PM »
Sorry, guys, but Dad finally remembered where they came from.  A friend of his has a son who has been getting involved in some illegal stuff, and stole one of his guns.  He asked my Dad to hold on to his other guns for a while. 

While I don't get free guns, at least I can tease my Dad about getting old.   laugh 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »
Could I ask your dad to find me a nice BAR?

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »
Ask away.  Not that he knows what a BAR is.   smiley

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »
Did you get angry at your Dad for rifling through your room?  grin
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 04:08:39 AM »
It's a magic bed. If you dream about guns, they appear under the mattress.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 04:51:20 AM »
I'm still waiting for wmenorr67 to return the XM29 I loaned him to play with in the Sandbox. What the hell dude?
 laugh
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 04:57:54 AM »
I am still overhere playing in the sandbox and it looks to be October of next year before I leave.  I have volunteered to stay around and tag on to my own BN that is heading this way at the first of the year.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 05:01:53 AM »
Kidding stuff aside, thanks for volunteering your service even longer than you needed to Bill!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 05:16:20 AM »
it looks to be October of next year before I leave.

Holy crap, menorr, you mean October 2008? How the hell long are tours now? I thought they were 15 months!

TC

Or were you just imagining it will be next year, as in ...a long time off?
TC
RT Refugee

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 06:04:54 AM »
Leatherneck,

My original deployment with the company I came over here with is up in November.  They should be demobed around Thanksgiving.  But the BN that I belong, along with most of the BDE is heading this way starting the first of the year.  They actually start train up in Oct of this year.  I volunteered to come back over here with my BN because of my MOS.  They have no one else to do my job unless they bring in an outsider.  I didn't want for that to happen.  So I am going to stay here and meet up with them when they get here.

National Guard tours are only for 12 months and they recently changed it so that the train up time is included in the 12 months.  Not 12 months BOG.