Author Topic: WHAT a Dad!  (Read 558 times)

HankB

• friend
WHAT a Dad!
« on: June 03, 2021, 07:54:11 AM »
Here's a new shooting story I first heard about on the radio:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/02/florida-boy-10-shot-after-dad-took-him-on-paintball-drive-by/

Synopsys: 10 year old with a paintball gun asks his Dad to drive him around so he can play "drive by shooting" with his paintball gun.
Dad agrees.
Wearing ski masks, they stage a drive by . . . and receive return fire from someone who took it seriously. Kid is shot, falls out of vehicle, and is run over by Dad.

Comment: Had I had a paintball gun at 10 years of age and asked MY dad to take me on a drive by . . . there would have been multiple negative consequences for me. The LEAST of which would be that I wouldn't have a paintball gun (or airsoft or BB gun or even a water pistol) any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: WHAT a Dad!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 09:05:34 AM »
Sounds like Darwin just fired a warning shot this time. Think they'll listen?

Anyone one else cynically expecting hate crime charges or similar against the home owner?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 11:07:20 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 09:36:55 AM »
I must admit drawing my pistol would be my first thought upon seeing someone in a mask driving by pointing an apparent gun at me.  The only thing that might help is if I had seen them shooting at someone else and saw it was paintballs.  Maybe a better plan would have been to set up targets in their own yard to shoot at.  Could have still done a drive by but not shoot at people. 

My Dad wouldn't have let me shoot the paintball gun at other people.  He didn't want us doing that with BB guns or toy guns either.  BB's were cheap.  I don't know what paintballs cost back then.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 09:56:48 AM »
When is Bring Your Kid to Work Day?
Okay, google shows it was April 22. So he's a little late.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 10:19:27 AM »
When is Bring Your Kid to Work Day?
Okay, google shows it was April 22. So he's a little late.

He was trying to prep the kid for Fathers' Day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 10:31:45 AM »
Sounds like Darwin just fired a warning shoot this time. Think they'll listen?

No.

The "father" probably has a single digit IQ.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 01:18:53 PM »
This kind of "Dad" is probably the kind that would have his kid along to a peaceful protest so he could help loot Target, Auto Zone, a liquor store, etc.

Even a skinny 10 year old can help carry some loot.

:facepalm:

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 07:36:34 PM »
I didn't read that article but in another one dad is 26. so kids raising kids,
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 10:07:47 AM »
I didn't read that article but in another one dad is 26. so kids raising kids,

So the "dad" was 16 years old when he spawned. ;/