Author Topic: If you vote for Ron Paul you don't count anymore... apparently (video)  (Read 1357 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrsPDI-lkI
(Compilation of MSM spin of Iowa caucus 2008-present)

ah... :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:50:39 AM by Blakenzy »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Buzzcook

Re: If you vote for Ron Paul you don't count anymore... apparently (video)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:50:41 AM »
Iowa is very important when the party favorite wins, not so much when anyone else wins. The same is true of all the primaries until the right guy wins.

BTW looks like there might have been some good natured hijinks counting the votes.
http://www.kcci.com/news/30144582/detail.html#ixzz1ihGhVR8B

Edward True, 28, of Moulton, said he helped count the votes and jotted the results down on a piece of paper to post to his Facebook page. He said when he checked to make sure the Republican Party of Iowa got the count right, he said he was shocked to find they hadn't.

"When Mitt Romney won Iowa by eight votes and I've got a 20-vote discrepancy here, that right there says Rick Santorum won Iowa," True said. "Not Mitt Romney."

True said at his 53-person caucus at the Garrett Memorial Library, Romney received two votes. According to the Iowa Republican Party's website, True's precinct cast 22 votes for Romney.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 02:46:34 AM »
While driving today, there was something on the news about Ron Paul might come in second in New Hampshire primary.  My wife responded with "if Mitt puts Ron Paul as his running mate, they will get both votes."  This brought me to no end of mirth.  I know what she means, but the way it was said was funny. :laugh:
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 02:53:58 AM »
Coming in second when the first guy gets 40% and you get 20% isn't really that big of an accomplishment.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 03:26:49 AM »
BTW looks like there might have been some good natured hijinks counting the votes.
http://www.kcci.com/news/30144582/detail.html#ixzz1ihGhVR8B

Two words: Vote. Rigging.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 05:27:28 AM »
Counts? Sure. But I still don't plan on voting for him.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.