Author Topic: Obama's January Surprise  (Read 3613 times)

Chester32141

• friend
Obama's January Surprise
« on: January 04, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »

January Surprise: Is Obama preparing a trillion-dollar mass refinancing of mortgages ?

http://blog.american.com/2012/01/january-surprise-is-obama-preparing-a-trillion-dollar-mass-refinancing-of-mortgages/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Obama's January Surprise
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »
That could lead to a mass refinancing program for agency-backed mortgages that would go well beyond the existing HARP program. That could hurt agency MBS pricing and result in higher financing costs going forward. Yet it also could be a big boost for the economy and housing going into the election.
Oh, for God's sake!

What hyperbole this article is.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
Is it hyperbole to admit that most Americans would take a sweetheart deal even if it means surrendering what liberty and economic common sense they have left?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
Free will and personal choice are nasty things, eh?
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
I'm still waiting for Obama to pay my rent & my gas.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »
This is the stoopid horse hockey that will simultaneously sink the country, and cause the unwashed masses to cheer it all the way into its grave.

[Jack Nicholson]This nation needs an enema.[/Joker]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Yay! More bread n' circus!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
And people still believe the political process is going to resolve our differences...?  What we have here is an incremental coup, nothing less.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »
Goodness gracious, where is that tinfoil hat?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
 [tinfoil]  I got mine!!!!! =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 12:46:38 AM »
Is it hyperbole to admit that most Americans would take a sweetheart deal even if it means surrendering what liberty and economic common sense they have left?

Not at all. Most Americans it seems can be bought off rather cheaply. Liberty and economic common sense are lost concepts.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »

That check was written when many generations before us bit off on the "new deal".
Some of us may be awake, but most are sleep walking.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 08:57:40 PM »
That check was written when many generations before us bit off on the "new deal".
Some of us may be awake, but most are sleep walking.
Sleep walking ignorant and unarmed.....

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
Many sleep because they can't bring themselves to endure the pain of realizing what the US Government has become and what it will be hatching into in the very near future. This country is Hijacked and we are all snoring in the back seat.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"