Author Topic: Looking at 20 Years in Prison for Feeding a Whale  (Read 11711 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Looking at 20 Years in Prison for Feeding a Whale
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 10:55:21 AM »
You want to go all  :facepalm:?
Try reading, understanding, and then adhering to the federal saltwater fishing regulations. 
Besides *expletive deleted* like mmpa, you've got closed and open seasons, special international regulations on some types of fish, secondary size limits in federal waters vs. state waters, gear and tackle requirements, reporting requirements, and the list goes on.
The *expletive deleted*ing frustrating thing?
If you go to the boat dealer and buy a boat, the tackle store and buy $5,000 in gear, buy a saltwater state license, fuel up your boat, head 30 miles off shore, nobody tells you about all the extra special federal *expletive deleted*.  Especially the NOAA/NMFS migratory species acts.  You can slay the blackfin tuna, but one yellowfin tuna requires a $100 federal stamp.  Yeah, the fines are ridiculous if you get caught keeping that fish.

That's what you get for killing sea kittens  :P   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:03 AM »
If we're going to have overlords, we could do worse than cetaceans.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
Perhaps this whole affair was just a fluke ?   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »
I, for one, hail our new whale overlords.

All hail, Petunias!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »
similar to "potomac river fisheries commission "  you need on board sat nav as well as a marine biologist on board to be safe.  particularly with rockfish

Egads yes......took a lot of questioning to get real good answers on that.
Here's a doozie: for a while, it was legal to take rocks off the coast (VA State waters up to 3mi) but illegal to posses inside the line from cape Charles to the strand.  You could leave the bay, legally catch rockfish, head back to the dock, and get fined.  Actually took a ruling to straighten that out after a number of fishermen were busted.  (now, you cannot stop to fish on the way back in the bay).  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
You can slay the blackfin tuna, but one yellowfin tuna requires a $100 federal stamp.  Yeah, the fines are ridiculous if you get caught keeping that fish.
Shoot, shov...err snorkel, shut up?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 04:36:02 PM »
Shoot, shov...err snorkel, shut up?

You can C&R them.  Get caught with fillets in the boat and you can face a fine if you don't retain the carcass until you make landfall.  Its so convoluted I can't make this *expletive deleted*it up.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
You can C&R them.  Get caught with fillets in the boat and you can face a fine if you don't retain the carcass until you make landfall.  Its so convoluted I can't make this *expletive deleted* up.

What about a grill hanging over the stern ?  =|

longeyes

• friend
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
What about a grill hanging over the stern ?  =|

If its of a migratory species regulated by the NMFS, and you get caught, you're screwed.
Otherwise, you're allowed to consume about 1lb per day per person on board of other types of fish.
I'm not making this *expletive deleted*it up.
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
If its of a migratory species regulated by the NMFS, and you get caught, you're screwed.
Otherwise, you're allowed to consume about 1lb per day per person on board of other types of fish.
I'm not making this *expletive deleted* up.

Do you have to supply a feces sample for DNA test when you get back to the dock ?  ;/

One of the reasons that I let go of my sailing dreams is that you have absolutely 4th amendment protections on a boat, even if you liveaboard.  :mad:

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
Do you have to supply a feces sample for DNA test when you get back to the dock ?  ;/

One of the reasons that I let go of my sailing dreams is that you have absolutely 4th amendment protections on a boat, even if you liveaboard.  :mad:

That's exactly it, you cannot say no to a boarding. 
JD

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 11:01:14 PM »
And when the authoritahs go to enforce fishing regulations, they are stone cold mother *expletive deleted*ers.

Stray over the wrong line, and they will seize your boat. Seen it happen, almost had it happen to me.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »

Whatever happened to "kill them all and let God sort it out", or does that work both ways too?
"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 07:16:36 AM »
Whatever happened to "kill them all and let God sort it out", or does that work both ways too?
Well it certainly makes things more interesting.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »
So what about all the fast food joints that continue to sell to Michael Moore and Rosey O.  Talk about feeding whales.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:34 AM »

Not without lots of cannon  >:D

erictank

• friends
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »
Not without lots of cannon  >:D

They have friends on the other end of the radio who have bigger guns than you.  Guaranteed.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »

Quite hard to do post-WoT.  Being outgunned by the .gov at every turn makes rebellion quite a risky proposition.
They have friends on the other end of the radio who have bigger guns than you.  Guaranteed.
Friends, hell, most of the coasties and larger state agency boats are already heavily armed with automatic weapons. 
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
larger state agency boats

I've seen some of those Texas boats.

Bigger navy than a lot of countries.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 09:58:49 AM »
I've seen some of those Texas boats.

Bigger navy than a lot of countries.

Better armed in some cases, too.  :facepalm:
JD