Author Topic: This is how I know Obama will win.  (Read 11669 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: This is how I know Obama will win.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »
I'd bet money that no more than 15% of Americans really believe in the minimialist federal model.

It sickens me to say this, but I agree.  As a nation we have lost our way.  I doubt that we will find our way back to the track we should be on, the track that leads to the vision of the founders.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
Every one of the current crop of candidates has appealed to the Tea Party movement, some with more success than others. Some candidates have tried to claim to be part of the movement even as they've been part of the problem (see Gingrich, Newt).

I suspect the Tea Party folks are looking at the possibility of a second Obama term, and keeping quiet as their favorites have been knocked down.
Yep, Michelle is gone and Paul will soon be with her.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 09:38:25 PM »
Yep, Michelle is gone and Paul will soon be with her.

Do you seriously think Ron Paul will drop out?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

zahc

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
I hope he wins, but if he doesn't, I hope he stays till the bitter end, and takes a fat chunk of the vote, and then runs as a third party, and takes another fat chunk of the vote and gets Obama reelected. The Republican party deserves worse.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
I hope he wins, but if he doesn't, I hope he stays till the bitter end, and takes a fat chunk of the vote, and then runs as a third party, and takes another fat chunk of the vote and gets Obama reelected. The Republican party deserves worse.

This.

No mercy.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »
This just in.  Jim Demint, Mr. Conservative nationally and paragon of virture in SC, says republicans need to pay attention to Ron Paul. 

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/11/jim-demint-its-time-to-start-listening-to-ron-paul/

I suspect they'll have no choice in the matter.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »

I am NOT saying "vote for the guy", but like that other thread I started a few weeks back, thinking hard about what kind of coordinated response can be made to kick Mittens in the ass repeatedly for the next four years, and make him one of the few POTUS's in history that have actually swung to the right once coronated inside the Beltway, might be a good idea.

Won't happen. The POTUS is too well insulated these days by spin doctors and pollsters. Romney can't chnge his yellow-bellied stripes.

I won't vote for Romney or Gingrich under any condition, consequences be damned.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »

How's about a dose of optimism from an unlikely source?

1. Paul goes on to the convention, never conceding, holding on to his delegates and reminding everyone of his proportion of the vote.
2. Paul manages to extract concessions (rhetorically, in the party platform, or otherwise) that move the GOP in the direction of fiscal, budgetary, and economic sanity.  Like a $500B budget cut in year one, commitment to get back to teh year 2006 budget or some such.
3. Paul then concedes and works with the GOP to paint BHO as an economic failure precisely because of his lack of fidelity to the COTUS and fiscal sanity & rectitude.  Also going after BHO hammer & tongs for starting a NEW war in the ME and bungling Egypt.

This smells more likely the more I read GOP/conservo-pundits who are honest enough to see and say that Paul has:
1. Garnered a lot of votes in both Iowa & NH.
2. Helped push the debate his direction on economic issues.\
3. Could royally screw the GOP with a 3rd party run if he isn't thrown some concessions.

See Waitone's post about DeMint.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 10:18:13 PM »
The GOP leadership can't cut a deal with libertarians because it neither understands nor respects libertarians.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
He's just a different color of the same shill.

This. Romney is the albino Obama.

Why is Romney the desired candidate?

1) He'll maintain the status quo as far as how politicians operate. Yes, I'm specifically looking at corruption, kickbacks, and so forth that allow them to greatly benefit financially.
2) He is a weak candidate...much like McCain. Obama needs a weak candidate to run against, even more so now than back in '08.
3) Even if Romney is elected prez, he will still move along the Democrat path if his past actions are any indication. That way, they accomplish their goals anyway. Except now that a "Republican" has done it, they also get to point and sceam about the continual decline of the country...basically they get a new "It's Bush's Fault111!!!!11" schtick.

Romney is a RINO extraordinare, and that's that. How the hell do you think he got elected gov in Massachussets, which is a leftist bastion? (look at how they worship the Kennedys up there). Other candidates have been sniped off or pushed aside for a reason...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »
In the final analysis it won't matter who the GOP runs or who wins in November. The republic is doomed either way.
We are already in the death spiral.
All that remains to be seen is how long it takes to auger in.
We have broken the tipping point where very nearly half the population is on the government dole, they will not vote to cut off the flow, there is also a significant number of voters that approve of that condition along with a staggering number of *expletive deleted*ing idiots that really shouldn't be allowed the responsibility of voting.
If Obama gets re-elected the collapse will be sooner.
Maybe if a pseudo-conservative gets elected it will delay it for a while but the die is cast, it is only a matter of time.
Personally I'd just as soon get it over with and maybe, just maybe we can rebuild a better government in my lifetime.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »
We have broken the tipping point where very nearly half the population is on the government dole

Please provide proof.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »
...All that remains to be seen is how long it takes to auger in.
We have broken the tipping point where very nearly half the population is on the government dole, they will not vote to cut off the flow, there is also a significant number of voters that approve of that condition along with a staggering number of *expletive deleted*ing idiots that really shouldn't be allowed the responsibility of voting.
If Obama gets re-elected the collapse will be sooner.
Maybe if a pseudo-conservative gets elected it will delay it for a while but the die is cast, it is only a matter of time.
Personally I'd just as soon get it over with and maybe, just maybe we can rebuild a better government in my lifetime.

Well, I agree the above is likely true.  We're on a downward spiral.  However I will still be voting against Obama, no matter who the republican candidate is.  Rebuilding is a worthy job but I think there is a moral imperative to do everything we can to straighten our country out before it happens.  
Maybe it won't work .... maybe it can't.  But we still need to try.   Speeding the process up isn't the answer, that's just wrong.   It may "feel" right -- and believe me, I understand the temptation -- but it isn't; IT IS WRONG.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »
Just a few more font size points and you'd have persuaded me!

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »
 :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »
I'll be voting against Obama and against Romney in November.  I hope that means I can vote for Paul as the Republican candidate, but if not, Gary Johnson looks pretty good.  I don't like his position on abortion, but I kind of understand it, and the President's position on that issue is not very influential.  Meanwhile, I've given money to Paul and I'm voting for him in the primary (actually, it's called a caucus here.)  I've heard there's a Ron Paul strategy meeting here Friday, I think I might attend...

Romney is Lite Obama.  [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf]

The best thing that could happen might be for Obama to be reelected, and soon thereafter lead away in handcuffs along with most of his cabinet.  (mostly the Fast and Furious thing)   But I don't see that happening.  The political vacuum created would be interesting to watch.
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 12:18:02 AM »
Please provide proof.

I'll restate my position.
With the combination of people on welfare, medicaid as well as other federal assistance programs not labeled as welfare and the number of people that pay no federal income tax or actually get back more than they pay in very nearly half of the population are not productive and will not vote to change that status.

Well, I agree the above is likely true.  We're on a downward spiral.  However I will still be voting against Obama, no matter who the republican candidate is.  Rebuilding is a worthy job but I think there is a moral imperative to do everything we can to straighten our country out before it happens. 
Maybe it won't work .... maybe it can't.  But we still need to try.   Speeding the process up isn't the answer, that's just wrong.   It may "feel" right -- and believe me, I understand the temptation -- but it isn't; IT IS WRONG.

I'll vote against Obama no matter who the stupid party runs. I don't want to live through a collapse but I still expect it within the next decade (probably sooner).
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »
I'll restate my position.
With the combination of people on welfare, medicaid as well as other federal assistance programs not labeled as welfare and the number of people that pay no federal income tax or actually get back more than they pay in very nearly half of the population are not productive and will not vote to change that status.

So what you're saying is, a person who is not paid enough to owe Federal income tax, even if he does not get any welfare, is a leech on society?

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »
So what you're saying is, a person who is not paid enough to owe Federal income tax, even if he does not get any welfare, is a leech on society?
--Or, as radio pundit Neal Boortz says, "moochers."

But really, that's beside the point.  What's being said is all these people who are a net drain on society are contributing to its economic collapse.  The people have found out that they can raid the treasury. 
There's too many moochers and not enough producers. 
That type of system is not economically sustainable. 

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 12:44:39 AM »
The only reason I have never owed Fed income tax is because they take their "share" before I even get my paycheck.

Why do people seem to forget that this is how it works, now?  ???
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 01:02:36 AM »
--Or, as radio pundit Neal Boortz says, "moochers."

But really, that's beside the point.  What's being said is all these people who are a net drain on society are contributing to its economic collapse.  The people have found out that they can raid the treasury. 
There's too many moochers and not enough producers. 
That type of system is not economically sustainable. 

So do you effectively say that because I work an honest job, but because I am not taxed through income tax, I am a leech on society?

I do not understand. I thought that people wh work honest jobs for honest pay are upstanding members of our community.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 01:09:53 AM »
Somewhat on point here and with the public school thread, Medicare is actually the largest state budget expenditure for most states, far outstripping what is spent on K-12 education. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 01:11:22 AM »
I do not understand. I thought that people wh work honest jobs for honest pay are upstanding members of our community.

If you pay no taxes, you're a mooch.  But it's your patriotic duty to not pay much taxes.  (it's complicated)  ;)
"It's good, though..."

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 01:23:34 AM »
As I vote in Oregon and will see the three most populous counties, all blue, far outweigh the rest of the state, all red, I get to vote any way I wish with confidence that I have not "wasted" my vote.

A talk radio yapper, whose identity I do not recall, argued that the entire crop of Republican candidates is the "second string."  Given my electile dysfunction, my inability to be aroused by any of the candidates, I think I may write in General Powell or Dr. Rice just for S&Gs.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 02:05:50 AM »

Yes. If I have to pay a certain % of my income (above 30% now) then everyone, regardless of income needs to pay into the kitty. Personally I'd like to see a flat percentage or national sales tax. That way everyone pays. This crap of "oh, you only made XX this year, you dont owe taxes (and in some cases get money back)" and with others "oh you made this much, you owe enough to choke a horse". Fair would be everybody pays the same percentage. Period
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.