Author Topic: RIP Tom T. Hall  (Read 533 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
Re: RIP Tom T. Hall
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 05:44:13 PM »
Saw him at the 1974 Harrodsburg, Kentucky bicentennial celebration. Jerry Clower opened.

Old dogs, children, and watermelon wine...
Blog under construction

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 12:36:57 PM »
Hot baloney, eggs, and gravy.

RIP

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 04:36:14 PM »
"Come on back, Teddy-Bear..."
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »
"Come on back, Teddy-Bear..."

Didn't Red Sovine write "Teddy Bear"?  I know he recorded it; I think he wrote it too, but maybe TTH was the composer.

I didn't know about the baloney eggs and gravy song ("A Week in a Country Jail") but now I want some =)
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 10:11:00 PM »
ballad of 40 bucks is one of my favorite songs RIP sir
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 12:30:56 AM »
Didn't Red Sovine write "Teddy Bear"?  I know he recorded it; I think he wrote it too, but maybe TTH was the composer.

I didn't know about the baloney eggs and gravy song ("A Week in a Country Jail") but now I want some =)

May be. For some reason I associated it with Tom, then again, my mind ain't what it used ta was...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »
Hope he's at least enjoying faster horses and older whiskey now . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_X_5ftSt0&ab_channel=ACountryStateofMind
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 10:09:15 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Bear_(Red_Sovine_song)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
MOLON LABE!