Author Topic: Starbucks Buycott  (Read 10813 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Starbucks Buycott
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2013, 11:29:25 PM »

As a side note:  Bwahahahah.  That's freaking funny.  I don't know what's in those little cans but they will mess with your heart rate.

Glad you liked it. Hopefully duffleblog will
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »

That's the real meaning of RKBA responsibility....don't be a jerk....

+1,000.  Then again, I personally believe that about all rights.  Yep, you have a right to practice your religion freely, but jerks like Westboro piss me off. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »
Glad you liked it. Hopefully duffleblog will

Local Dollar Tree has the big 20oz Rip-Its. CitrusX sugar free seems to be the least objectionable one. I buy about two weeks worth at a time.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2013, 11:26:16 AM »
Fixed that right up for you.  Please leave something in the tip jar.

Only Starbucks that I can recall having gone into is one near year house, by the Walmart at north Lynnwood.  (can't remember that street name or exit # without looking at a map)

Paid $2 for their cheapest coffee which is about the worst coffee I ever drank.  It was worth it just to get out of the fricking office for a few minutes.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »
I'm offended, but only because of how fence-sitting, spineless and wishy-washy the Starbucks position is.

"We don't want guns in our stores (to try and appease the anti's who won't shut up), but we're not going to actually say anything, post anything, or do anything beyond this statement here (to try and not tick off the pro-gun people either)."

Weakness and stupidity on their part for thinking this will make the whole thing "go away faster" which I gather is what Starbucks really wants. This just continues it. Anti's will whine that it's "not enough", and Pro's will now be pissed.

They should have had the strength to stay the course Starbucks was on, which was "We don't care either way, and just want to mind our own business which is selling coffee, and following the laws of the states in which our various stores reside, period." This is now like a parent with two bickering kids in the back seat of the car, and finally caves in and gives some sort of hollow concession to the one that's being the most annoying.

Never works. 

Allow me to retort.

Lets say that in a parallel universe, Burger King decides that it takes a standoffish stance on gay marriage, after Chick-Fil-A takes a very definate stance. Gays see this as an endorsement, start showing up in larger numbers to the stores. This is good for business, even if they lose a few on the other side who start counter protests. Some of the gays with more screws loose start ratcheting up their 'buycotts' by staging mini gay parades around the stores which in turn starts to scare off even some of the more moderate customers, while the other side starts protesting more loudly. Finally, the gays go full retard and start occupying the bathrooms, punch holes in the stalls and start running glory holes in Burger King stores to flaunt their 'right to sodomy.'

At which point of the spectrum do you think Burger King (in parallel universe) should have stepped in and said "whoa, whoa, whoa, we don't promote homosexuality, we don't fight homosexuality, in fact we don't even care about the politics, please keep your pants on and try not to scare the other guests of our stores."
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2013, 12:36:48 AM »
I was all prepared to get all preachy about people who are anti OC

Then i just saw some pics from various events

This is why we can't have nice things. *expletive deleted* laying their rifles on the ground under their tables, bringing in all kinds of crazy.

They brought this on themselves.

:facepalm: I GOTS THE RIGHT TO OC A RIFLE DURR HURR HERP DERP

Sometimes the OC crowd goes deep into the territory of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should..."

What happened to "go to Starbucks and be normal", OC your normal rig and just be chill instead of trying to make a bold "statement"? Was it really that hard?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2013, 05:34:49 AM »
We, or at least the folks that felt the need to go full retard, are what brought it on. Starbucks as a company just didn't care either way, but if you're going to force the issue then they are going to have to pick one side or the other. And does anyone really think a coffee chain is going to say "Shut up, these guys going full retard are more than welcome with their guns!"

No one cared till certain folks had to go full retard.

Never go full retard.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »
Yeah, I never advocated (or even heard of until this thread) OCing or making a big deal about being pro-gun. I posted a "go give Starbucks some money" thing on the facebooks whenever anti's tried to do a boycott, but there's a huge difference between "give them money to show we outnumber the other side" and "form a fire team and get your venti caramel macchiato in 3-5 second squad rushes." Morons ruin it for everyone.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »
"form a fire team and get your venti caramel macchiato in 3-5 second squad rushes." Morons ruin it for everyone.

:rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2013, 02:04:10 PM »
Yeah, I never advocated (or even heard of until this thread) OCing or making a big deal about being pro-gun. I posted a "go give Starbucks some money" thing on the facebooks whenever anti's tried to do a boycott, but there's a huge difference between "give them money to show we outnumber the other side" and "form a fire team and get your venti caramel macchiato in 3-5 second squad rushes." Morons ruin it for everyone.

I'm laughing my ass off

Lol

Well played
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Levant

• friend
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:33 PM »
+1,000.  Then again, I personally believe that about all rights.  Yep, you have a right to practice your religion freely, but jerks like Westboro piss me off. 

Exactly!  These were open-carry bullies in the way that Westboro are freedom-of-religion bullies - perhaps even worse since they pushed their agenda onto private property.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2013, 01:29:38 AM »
A former employer, speaking of guns in trucks, said they made a policy of having no policy but he could see an idiot forcing them to establish a policy.  Someone made Starbucks establish a policy.  Thanks, guys!
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
What's sad is that the idjits who created all this kerfluffle probably will never understand or acknowledge that THEY were in any way responsible for Starbucks shift in policy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2013, 10:10:40 PM »

I'm laughing my ass off

Lol

Well played

As am I!! :rofl: :rofl:
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G