Author Topic: Pistol Competition Belts  (Read 569 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Pistol Competition Belts
« on: January 28, 2019, 01:49:14 PM »
I've been just kinda "getting by" with a Wilderness Instructor belt, a CompTac holster with stingray attachment, and one of their paddle lock dual mag carriers for a while for pistol matches.

I'd like to upgrade to one of the velcro dual layer belts that are available, and maybe even to more competition oriented mag carriers.  I'm still very happy with the CompTac holster so I don't see myself altering that, and I'm not a fan of the race "holsters" that barely hold the gun anyways.  Ideally, I'd like whatever I go with to be modular enough to work with 3-gun, and be able to accommodate shotgun shell carriers and AR mag carriers if desired.

Leaning towards this, from Black Scorpion:

https://www.amazon.com/USPSA-Competition-Shooting-Black-Suggested/dp/B009TRB5HC/

Good?  Bad?  Indifferent?  Thoughts on their pistol and AR mag carriers, or shotshell carriers?  If no-go on theirs, then whose?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Pistol Competition Belts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:56:44 PM »
I'm not familiar with that brand, and I'm out of the loop on competition gear, but my CR Speed belt is pretty good.  I think any decently stiff belt will work for you.  Velcro (or hook and loop) seems to be pretty good with all companies.

I know Taran Tactical makes a bunch of stuff the gamers like.  As does Bianchi.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 01:57:06 PM »
I just ordered a holster and a belt which are my first so we'll see.  The one I ordered was about the same price as that one.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:27:57 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E61B5IO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here is what I got.  We will see.  I saved your link.  I just ordered it last weekend so hopefully it will be here in time for the next practical pistol shoot.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »
Well, the Black Scorpion one arrived today and I ran it in a local steel match.

Holster didn't fall off.  Mag carriers didn't fall off.  Pants didn't fall off.  So I guess it passes?

I figure the real test will be velcro longevity.  If it still works well in a year or two, then it's good.  If not... time to buy a better one.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!