Author Topic: Why I don't use Facebook -- or Whatsapp  (Read 582 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Why I don't use Facebook -- or Whatsapp
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:18 PM »
https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/29/facebook-project-atlas/

I used to think Bill Gates was the antichrist. Now I'm leaning more toward Zuckerberg.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Why I don't use Facebook -- or Whatsapp
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:03:25 AM »
Gates did what he could to squeeze as much money out of you as he could but for the most part stayed out your of business and personal stuff. With Zuckerberg your business and personal stuff is his business.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:05:50 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 09:14:15 AM »
Gates did what he could to squeeze as much money out you as he could but for the most part stayed out your business and personal stuff. With Zuckerberg you business and personal stuff is his business.

How cute.

You realize that Windows 10 machines send all manner of information directly to MS?  Up to and including Office documents, email contacts and calendaring items?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »
How cute.

You realize that Windows 10 machines send all manner of information directly to MS?  Up to and including Office documents, email contacts and calendaring items?

Gates stepped down from running MS a while back, 2008 I think it was. So I don't think you can pin what goes on in 10 behind the scenes on him.
- Calvin and Hobbes