Author Topic: Product Review  (Read 4840 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Product Review
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:50:07 AM »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
Re: Product Review
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:27:56 AM »
SPAM is the reason that while pigs go in one end of the Hormel plant, nothing but product comes out.

Nothing.

Think about it.

[barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »
Waste not, want not

Actually if you somewhat thin slice it and fried it up crispy on the outside in a pan it ain't too bad.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:23 AM »
So where's the review? A photo of the product package and a refusal to even try it does not constiute a "product review." C'mon, Terry -- you've got to take one for the team here, and try this stuff out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 09:47:23 AM »
I've tried it. It's basically spam with a somewhat barely detectable bacon flavor 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 09:53:07 AM »
This thread should be reported as spam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 09:59:07 AM »
Waste not, want not

Actually if you somewhat thin slice it and fried it up crispy on the outside in a pan it ain't too bad.

Exactly how I will make it. (On the rare occasions that I make it.)

A little too salty, but quite edible.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:47 AM »

I buy the low salt version.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 10:38:16 AM »
You guys know you can buy actual meat, right?  You could have real ham or real bacon if you want.  You don't have to eat near-meat.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 10:47:59 AM »
Spam is something I can buy and store long term for the apocalypse 
Besides, it's actually not bad if you cook it right
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
You guys know you can buy actual meat, right?  You could have real ham or real bacon if you want.  You don't have to eat near-meat.

It's a decent item to have around for any disruptions to normal food supply: earthquakes, hurricane, floods, etc...

If its there for use "in case of emergencies" I'm not going to just let it go bad and throw it away.

Additionally, IF you have it on hand it's useful to know the best means of preparing it so that it is most palatable. Thin sliced and fried till crispy is quite tasty. And all I need is fire and my cast iron pans.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 10:57:32 AM »

We also own guns, so we can go out and acquire it ourselves.  One should never, ever, ever have to buy meat in a tin.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 11:03:17 AM »
In the event of the *insert type of* apocalypse the only reliable and plentiful source of fresh meat in the city would be the neighbors and their pets.  >:D
But I think I will be nice and spare them until the spam runs out.   >:D >:D
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 11:03:48 AM »
So where's the review? A photo of the product package and a refusal to even try it does not constiute a "product review." C'mon, Terry -- you've got to take one for the team here, and try this stuff out.

Oh, I tried it.  Hence the authoritative review.  Actually, I like plain old Spam, and since they've provided the low salt version, I like it even better.

I don't like their turkey version, either.

That's right on the long-term storage feature.

I'm not averse to eating processed stuff like that.  E.g., one of my favorite cold cuts was headcheese but I can't find it any more.

Remember, I was brought up in NYC during World War II rationing and a lot of substitutions were made.  Anyone here remember mixing the coloring into "margarine" as a butter substitute?

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Product Review
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 11:06:25 AM »

Same here.

Cut thin. Fry crispy. I often eat it with rice, which helps balance out the salt/high fat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 11:07:48 AM »
Fried up and cut up into mac and cheese ain't half bad for a quick and dirty meal.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 11:18:45 AM »
I like both regular Spam and Turkey Spam.

I slice it thin and fry it up with eggs. An old Boy Scout meal at winter camp.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »
I'm talking original Spam and the Turkey Spam.

I've not tried any of the flavored varieties.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 11:27:10 AM »
As I said above I've tried the bacon spam but don't recalled it being all that different from the regular.
Don't think we've mentioned Black Pepper Spam yet which IMHO was good.
Didn't like the turkey one.
Try the low salt version if you find the reg too salty
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 11:35:01 AM »
I like Spam, there are still a few flavors I want to try especially the Chorizo and the jalapeno ones. My old cat (20 yrs old) gets her very own Spam. We buy the singles, cut it into 9 pieces and then dice up one of the pieces for her evening snack. She alternates boiled chicken, tuna and Spam as an evening treat. It must be the Spam working, she is 20, keeps her weight on and is still active.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 11:35:34 AM »
Never heard of nor seen the Spam Black Pepper. That actually sounds kind of good.

Spam has really branched out. There are now a BUNCH of varieties -- https://www.spam.com/varieties

I'd be willing to try the Teriyaki, Jalapeno, and the Garlic varieties, but I'm not so sure about the others. There's also a Spam spread. That could be interesting on crackers as a snack. Sort of like the old Armor Potted Meat product...

Never even heard of Tocino, which is apparently a Filipino bacon variety. I'd be willing to try that.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 11:39:03 AM »
I like all the varieties. While yes we can buy or shoot real meat, it only stores for so long and involves expenses of various types to go out. So, a long shelf life meat is a good plan b. I only eat a few cans a year, always have some. My five year old canned bacon is still tasty. Favorite canned meat is any kind of boneless kippers.

I still like the experience of seeing Guam. A culture that in the past faced food uncertainty and lacked refrigeration. They adore spam. Get it at fast food restaurants. Nearly a whole aisle in the big box stores of just spam.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2019, 11:39:30 AM »
Forgot all about the Jalapeno version, that was good.
Chorizo? Don't recall seeing that one. May need to look for it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
Toast spread thickly with cream cheese. Dash of Emiril's Essence. Two medium-thin slices of SPAM. Top liberally with Rotel. Salt and pepper. Enjoy.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2019, 12:20:02 PM »
I always have a few cans of corned beef on hand for when I want to make a quick corned beef hash with the can and some frozen potatoes O'Brien. The canned corned beef works better than fresh for me in terms of getting a really crispy end product.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.