Author Topic: Little Marco ain't havin' none  (Read 836 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Little Marco ain't havin' none
« on: April 16, 2018, 12:19:31 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29478/watch-cuban-journalist-tries-intimidate-rubio-hank-berrien

It’s simple. In the United States, in comparison to Cuba, we have a free press. The press can question and criticize me all they want, and they do so daily. I’m glad we’re able to hold a debate, because in Cuba you can’t have a debate. The answer is that in the U.S. the people know my stance. We also have transparency on who donates and who doesn’t. Yes, I support the Second Amendment and those people who support that Amendment support me. Those who don’t support it can vote against me. I wish you could also do that in Cuba, because you can’t.

Go, Marco, go
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Little Marco ain't havin' none
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
Credit where credit is due. That was a good response.

Sidebar: Did Rubio get $3mil from the NRA? If so, over what timeframe? I was always given to believe that the NRA are rather bit players on the money side of lobbying. They seem to always give in the low thousands to individual politicians.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 01:07:59 PM »
Credit where credit is due. That was a good response.

Sidebar: Did Rubio get $3mil from the NRA? If so, over what timeframe? I was always given to believe that the NRA are rather bit players on the money side of lobbying. They seem to always give in the low thousands to individual politicians.

Yeah, furious single issue voters matter a lot more than the money the NRA donates.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 09:33:19 PM »
A wise Latino...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 08:29:50 AM »
Yeah, furious single issue voters matter a lot more than the money the NRA donates.

Related:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-democrats-advantage-in-midterm-elections-has-been-cut-more-than-half/2018/04/15/5450d99e-3f6e-11e8-8d53-eba0ed2371cc_story.html?noredirect=on

Democrats advantage over Republicans has gone from 12 to 4 since January.

Gee... what happened in that time frame to suddenly increase the desire to vote for Republicans. (Yes, the article even mentions that gun policy may be the reason.)

Keep pushing gun control, Dems!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 10:07:39 AM »
I think even if they try to quiet down on gun control, they will still talk about it.  They can't NOT talk about it.  The people doing the talking are too insulated to think "the people" disagree with them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge