Author Topic: Bluetooth Speaker Recommendations  (Read 646 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bluetooth Speaker Recommendations
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
Looking for some recommendations for two different uses for bluetooth stereo speakers / soundbars.

1) For in the house, big sound (but not for "the neighbors 1/2 mile away can hear it") music. Just to be able to fill a living room with good sound for anything from 50's to classical. An available audio jack would be a big plus, so I could also use my non-bluetooth Kindle Fire with them. Think stereo system replacement.

2) Portable speakers / soundbar, mostly for outdoor use. Doesn't have to be ruggedized or anything (though I would look at that option). Would be used for sitting on the porch or while working in the garage, etc. Something smaller, but I would go bigger before I went to "tinny" or distorted sound if the volume is turned up. Doesn't need an audio jack.

Anyone have anything they already use or can recommend I look at?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
Re: Bluetooth Speaker Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 12:50:12 PM »
I found this one Woot a few years ago.  Use it frequently.  Not capable of loud, but works great for streaming Pandora at my work bench.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PWPBT60-Bluetooth-Splash-Proof-Portable/dp/B00BQO56Z8
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Bluetooth Speaker Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »
They do sell light fixtures with built in blue tooth speakers so you can mount the speakers in the porch or garage ceiling.  

Here is one that came up on a quick search.
http://www.amazon.com/Dimmable-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speakers-Powered/dp/B00JCE14AU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428255773&sr=1-3&keywords=blue+tooth+speaker+lights

That said, I have a Jawbone blue tooth speaker and it works well with good battery life.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge