Author Topic: Pet peeves  (Read 6657 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Pet peeves
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »
1. Being a range officer trying to keep people from shooting themselves, others, and sending bullets over the berm and into the nearby cattle pasture who call me a "Range Nazi". I've got stories, let me tell you...

2. People who think food prices, their deteriorating marriage status, and all other evils of society are caused by ethanol.

3. Cut, paste, and run postings without any substance or value added to the newly-created thread.  You know the type, it's a quoted clipping from a news article somewhere, with a simple "Discuss" tacked onto the end.  Nope.  No discussion. If you have nothing of value to add besides a "Discuss" or "+1", then it really wasn't worth posting, IMHO.

4. Kalifornians who cannot figure out that there is life in the Free States beyond the Nevada border - been there, done that, sorry that it still sucks back there.

5. The NRA isn't doing enough for gun owners, and the shrill ranting of GOA somehow is a suitable alternative.

6. Trolls who log in with a new username and faked IP address after getting banned, thinking they can outsmart the admin staff.  The clue bird doesn't roost there, it appears. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 09:47:29 AM »
1. folks who insist on feeding their overweight dog cat food three times a day and then wonder why its so fat.

2. folks who fail to teach their dog to walk on a leash.

3. folks who have a dog that is big and it pulls and insist that it needs to be walked with a harness.

4. folks who think anyone who uses a pinch or choke coller is inhuman, even when presented with a happy dog under control.

5. people who complain about having a fat, hyperactive, exsesivly noisy dog after they leave the dog in the garage all the time and feed it whenever it barks.  rolleyes

6. people that buy a poodle, bichion, maltese or any other long haired dog with grooming requirments, and then refuse to learn how to comb it out.

7. people who think your dog is perfectly happy to have their dog get in her face. ("yes, you jacka**, she will NAIL your dog in a heartbeat") my dog is under control and not bothering you. return the frikken courtesy.

8. people who think its "cute" when their pitbull mauls an old dog and then chases my cat. ('awww, look, their playing')

9. people who can't read the business hours THAT ARE POSTED IN BRIGHT BLUE LETTERS ON THE FRONT DOOR

10. people that don't housebreak their pets and use 'peepee pads'. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »
First time I ever drove in the snow I was chugging along at ~25 mph, like all the other sane, no tire chain having people. I was nearly ran off the road when a BMW zipped past at ~55, then spun out on a curve. The "almost getting hit" part sucked; the "seeing the dick who thinks that an expensive car can ignore conditions" ending up in the ditch was awesome.  grin
One February I was driving from St. Paul down to Chicago to attend a funeral - the Interstate was icy, but one lane was slighty less icy than the rest. I was in my 4x4 Bronco, at about 35 MPH, which was as fast as I felt comfortable, when a guy in a sporty red front-wheel drive coupe came up behind me, flashing his lights and honking his horn, indicating I should pull aside onto the glare ice & let him through.

Not likely.

Eventually he passed me, flipping me the bird as he did so.

About 5 miles further up the road, there he was, hands on his hips, looking at his car over the ditch . . . supported in mid air by the front and rear bumpers on either side of the ditch,  all four wheels airborne.

I honked my horn and waved to him . . . with one finger.  cool
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »
First time I ever drove in the snow I was chugging along at ~25 mph, like all the other sane, no tire chain having people. I was nearly ran off the road when a BMW zipped past at ~55, then spun out on a curve. The "almost getting hit" part sucked; the "seeing the dick who thinks that an expensive car can ignore conditions" ending up in the ditch was awesome.  grin
One February I was driving from St. Paul down to Chicago to attend a funeral - the Interstate was icy, but one lane was slighty less icy than the rest. I was in my 4x4 Bronco, at about 35 MPH, which was as fast as I felt comfortable, when a guy in a sporty red front-wheel drive coupe came up behind me, flashing his lights and honking his horn, indicating I should pull aside onto the glare ice & let him through.

Not likely.

Eventually he passed me, flipping me the bird as he did so.

About 5 miles further up the road, there he was, hands on his hips, looking at his car over the ditch . . . supported in mid air by the front and rear bumpers on either side of the ditch,  all four wheels airborne.

I honked my horn and waved to him . . . with one finger.  cool

Near where I live is an uphill curve that people always come down too fast when it's icy. I saw someone at the top of the hill doing so, so I just stopped sort of it and waited. They came down the hill with a BMW at sunny-day speeds, spun around, and crashed into the guardrail. Then looked over at me, sitting there calmly with headlights and foglights on, waving politely at them, then I started out to go past and up the curve. It was obvious I'd been sitting there waiting for them to be an idiot and crash, and they did. grin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »
I saw someone being aggressive and cutting off cars. Then he cut off a state trooper.

I cheered when the blue lights came on.

Somebody cut me off at an intersection once, and he didn't see the cop on the other side.  Not a good day for him, I think.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife