Author Topic: The final backstab of the RINOs...the names will not surprise you.  (Read 5544 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Get. Them. Out. NOW.

Bank nationalisation gains ground with Republicans

By Edward Luce and Krishna Guha

Published: February 17 2009 19:44 | Last updated: February 18 2009 01:07

Long regarded in the US as a folly of Europeans, nationalisation is gaining rapid acceptance among Washington opinion-formers – and not just with Alan Greenspan, former Federal Reserve chairman. Perhaps stranger still, many of those talking about nationalising banks are Republicans.

Lindsey Graham, the Republican senator for South Carolina, says that many of his colleagues, including John McCain, the defeated presidential candidate, agree with his view that nationalisation of some banks should be “on the table”.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2ad3b750-fd27-11dd-a103-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

john828

Re: The final backstab of the RINOs...the names will not surprise you.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:35:29 AM »
Washington opinion-formers

I, too, am an opinion former.  Unfortunately my opinion carries no clout. 
My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

lone_gunman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
Remind me again why we should vote for Republicans?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
Remind me again why we should vote for Republicans?

In case you haven't figured it out, most of us around here aren't blind fans of the Republicans. We are really not fans of those who have an R next to their name that should be changed to Communist.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:31:28 AM »
Greenspan's turnabout really hit me hard.  I read his latest book Age of Turbulence and he had a lot of good ideas and experience in there.  To see him go back on all of that in favor of communism so soon after I read the book saddens me.  I think that he knows he's near the end of his life and that he wants to go out as one in favor with the current attitude and administration.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »
Greenspan's turnabout really hit me hard.  I read his latest book Age of Turbulence and he had a lot of good ideas and experience in there.  To see him go back on all of that in favor of communism so soon after I read the book saddens me.  I think that he knows he's near the end of his life and that he wants to go out as one in favor with the current attitude and administration.
Greenspan is a piker.  His book was full of all sorts of pikerness.  He goes on and on about the philosophical benefits of free markets and non-interventionist government policies.  Then he describes all the smart and sensible reasons why he interfered in the free market at every available opportunity.

I do think he's sucking up to the shining, beautiful court of liberal elites.  He desperately wants to be one of the cool kids.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 02:04:28 PM »
Lindsey Graham, the Republican senator for South Carolina, says that many of his colleagues, including John McCain, the defeated presidential candidate, agree with his view that nationalisation of some banks should be “on the table”.

Insert bad words here.

DeMint/Sanford = HERO
Lindsey = ZERO.

Every week he gives me a new reason to be thankful I voted for a DEMOCRAT that ran against him.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
Insert bad words here.

DeMint/Sanford = HERO
Lindsey = ZERO.

Every week he gives me a new reason to be thankful I voted for a DEMOCRAT that ran against him.

I can't use appropriate words to describe Lindsay Graham on this forum.

From "serving in the Gulf War" (actually only preparing wills), to calling us South Carolinians racist hicks because we are against illegal immigration, to sticking his nose up McCain's ass...

To this crap...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:29:32 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 04:11:49 PM »
If Michael Steele is worth his salt, he'll start working to purge the GOP of these Demo-wannabes.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

lone_gunman

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
If Michael Steele is worth his salt, he'll start working to purge the GOP of these Demo-wannabes.....

Considering the fact that Steele is a Demo-wannabee himself, I doubt he is going to do much purging.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »
But... I thought McCain was an authentic conservative and would get into the Democrats' OODA loop?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:39 PM »

Yeah that'll be the day.  From some of what I've seen of his history, Steele's a RINO himself.

Me, I'm voting LP whole hog.  Just gotta buy a wookie suit, now. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »
But... I thought McCain was an authentic conservative and would get into the Democrats' OODA loop?

Since it's the second time you've made that exact same observation:

Who was telling you McCain is an authentic conservative?

Why do you link the alleged conservatism with the OODA loop?  I thought that referred to his campaign strategy, not his stance on the issues. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
Have you not noticed the humorous nature of my post?

My humor is aimed at those varied columnists, bloggers, and whoever that, after McCain getting the nod, not merely supported McCain but complimented him on his supposedly wise strategy etc. etc.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 12:48:10 AM »
I noticed it was humorous, yes. 

I don't recall anyone saying he was a conservative, (except for some Democrats) but you probably read more of the chatter than I do.  I thought you were taking a jab at folks on here.  Besides, pointing out McCain's good points is not the same as claiming that he is Ronald Reagan's more conservative cousin.  Perhaps you mistook one for the other?

The OODA loop column, I guess I don't find it that funny.  If I recall correctly, (and I may not be) it came out in late August or early September, the one interval in which McCain's campaign seemed to be working, while Obama's appeared to be faltering over his European tour, and his scary friends.  McCain's moves at the time, stealing the spotlight from Obama during his speech at the Democratic Convention, then nominating Palin, were quite good.  Unfortunately, they began and ended there.  You would expect people in that situation to grab onto slender hopes.   

Or am I wrong about the date of the OODA loop theory? 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:14:43 AM by Mr. Tactical pants »

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »
Pointing out something no one on this board said (repeatedly, you've made the same crack like 5 times I've seen) is asinine. Why not quote some things from DU about how awesome Obama is?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 11:12:44 AM »
If we are going to count heads we need to count the real ones, not the fake ones.  It's time we found out who is really for what, not just in Congress but in the country as a whole.  Then we can decide on our battle plan based on reality, not wishful thinking.  The issue isn't just that we are outnumbered but that we are still stroking ourselves with lies about cooperation and co-existence when we need to summon all the energy and passion we have to resist what is going to be an overwhelming onslaught on our liberties.  If we act as if this is a gentleman's sport we will not recognize the United States of America a year from now.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »
If we are going to count heads we need to count the real ones, not the fake ones.  It's time we found out who is really for what, not just in Congress but in the country as a whole.  Then we can decide on our battle plan based on reality, not wishful thinking.  The issue isn't just that we are outnumbered but that we are still stroking ourselves with lies about cooperation and co-existence when we need to summon all the energy and passion we have to resist what is going to be an overwhelming onslaught on our liberties.  If we act as if this is a gentleman's sport we will not recognize the United States of America a year from now.

With every cave-in on a vote in Congress, the Republican party recedes further into irrelevancy. We need a new lean, mean, ruthless conservo-libertarian movement that will fight for the wealth producers and force the leeches to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. It must clear out regulations that prop up failures and allow economic Darwinism to weed out the weak ideas and people and allow those who are strong drive America into a heretofore unseen prosperity that, could we see it, would dispel all notions of Marxism.

Unfortunately, there are only a select few like DeMint who refuse to pander to the fake majority of feel-good losers that only populate the slums, the ivory towers, and the media.

Compassionate Conservatism can go to Perdition and burn there. I want Conservative that destroys failed ideology and and leaves no question about the value of Western Capitalism.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
Pointing out something no one on this board said (repeatedly, you've made the same crack like 5 times I've seen) is asinine. Why not quote some things from DU about how awesome Obama is?

Because I think it would be completely uninnovative to remind the people on this board Obama is not going to be the best President ever. There's only so many jokes about the hope, change, and pink unicorns that can be cracked.

Because I think the whole McCain thing wasn't just wrong, it was Cthulhu-grade disturbing.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »
Because I think it would be completely uninnovative to remind the people on this board Obama is not going to be the best President ever. There's only so many jokes about the hope, change, and pink unicorns that can be cracked.

Because I think the whole McCain thing wasn't just wrong, it was Cthulhu-grade disturbing.

So it's more innovative to keep repeating the same "humor" that's of the sort that would result in uncomfortable silence at a cocktail party?

It isn't funny. You keep repeating it.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 01:53:27 PM »

Ok.... and that has what to do with us? We didn't say those things.

That being said, it was never funny, and massive repetition hasn't improved it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »

Well, those who wanted Cthulhu apparently got their man.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »
Boy, you guys must want him to keep saying it.   :laugh:

Shhh!  Don't let him know it bugs you so much. 

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 07:33:15 PM »
So who is it that gets to allow these folks to call themselves republicans. We know there are some congressmen who can honestly call themselves conservative. Lie on these labels should hurt.

Will someone show this FISTFULL OF TP to the latrine?
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »
>Well, those who wanted Cthulhu apparently got their man.<

Nah... they got Dagon. Cthulhu would've just eaten ever'body already...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)