Author Topic: LAPD shoots drunk guy with knife, locals riot  (Read 5580 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
LAPD shoots drunk guy with knife, locals riot
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:59:24 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/07/lapd-chief-defends-fatal-shooting-knife-wielding-man-protest-turns-violent/?test=latestnews

It's the textbook definition of a 'good shoot."  Cops arrive to a drunk guy waving a knife, they ask him to put down the knife, and the dude lunges at the officer.  So the cop light him up with two rounds.  Six folks, nine cops and two firefighters eyewitnesses proclaim it was immediate self-defense.  

Nope.   Folks, the article very specifically avoids 'illegal immigrants', throw eggs, rocks and bottles at the police station.  Other "protesters" roll metal trash bins at officers, while others throw televisions, air conditioning units, etc from apartment buildings.  Couple officers have been injured by the 'protesters'.

:facepalm:

Why question is why they didn't round up the 'protesters' and call the feds to have their legal status checked?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: LAPD shoots drunk guy with knife, locals riot
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/07/lapd-chief-defends-fatal-shooting-knife-wielding-man-protest-turns-violent/?test=latestnews
Why question is why they didn't round up the 'protesters' and call the feds to have their legal status checked?

Tut-tut. That would be Racist. :police: <= PC-police
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »
Illegals are the new protected class.  We are not allowed to enforce any laws against them, imprison them, or round them up. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:26:11 AM »
Illegals are the new protected class.  We are not allowed to enforce any laws against them, imprison them, or round them up. 

Why?

I'm serious.  What's the motivation?  New pools of voters?  They're illegals, they can't vote.  And I seriously doubt they're handing over insane amounts of campaign contributions.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
Cool. Think my pasty-white ass will be protected as well? ;/

Why?

I'm serious.  What's the motivation?  New pools of voters?  They're illegals, they can't vote.  And I seriously doubt they're handing over insane amounts of campaign contributions.
Amnesty, what else? Besides, what do you mean with "can't vote"? Dead folks vote in Chicago, right? Shouldn't be hard for ACORN or whatever they are called nowadays to help the illegals...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Why?

I'm serious.  What's the motivation?  New pools of voters?  They're illegals, they can't vote.  And I seriously doubt they're handing over insane amounts of campaign contributions.

They can't vote yet. And they are generally from a minority class the left hopes to co-opt as they did the black minority.

It's not a short term electoral strategy. It's a long-term pandering strategy. Keep in mind, most people on the left see individuals not as individuals but as part of some group: Illegals = hispanics. Pander to them, get the group voting 90% for you (like their other beholden minority group.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:42:55 AM »
Firstly, the left can remove our rights in order to protect the rights of the oppressed immigrants.  Just as they have decimated our rights in favor of other protected classes. They are running out of arguments to protect Blacks and Homosexuals.  Gotta move onto another oppressed group to save from America's evilness.
Second, amnesty is right around the corner.  Mark my words.  Lame duck Congress.  Senate doesn't need to be lame duck with people like McCain in it.  As soon as Congress goes into its lame duck winter session, they WILL pass amnesty.  Amnesty will come along with the power to vote.
Without a veto proof majority, a (R) congress and senate will not be able to overturn ANYTHING that this current congress has rammed through.  Obama will Veto whatever they try to overturn by law, or try to defund.
With 10-20 million new voters in the pool, Dems and Rinos will reseize power in a few years. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »
That's about two miles, or less, from where I live.

The long-term strategy is that they represent the future population of America and its new voting stock.  That is coming if the Left gets its way, make no mistake about that.

As others have said, illegals have become a politically protected class hereabouts, but then a sizeable percentage of L.A.'s current population is comprised of illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America (and elsewhere).  They now comprise a political class that the politicians--including our current Mayor (Villaraigosa) and Police Chief (Beck)--want to appease.

What we have here is a monster that we permitted, by apathy, by ignorance, by weakness, to grow into adulthood.  Wrestling with this full-grown bear is not going to be easy.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:20 AM »
Second, amnesty is right around the corner.  Mark my words.  Lame duck Congress.  Senate doesn't need to be lame duck with people like McCain in it.  As soon as Congress goes into its lame duck winter session, they WILL pass amnesty.  Amnesty will come along with the power to vote.
Without a veto proof majority, a (R) congress and senate will not be able to overturn ANYTHING that this current congress has rammed through.  Obama will Veto whatever they try to overturn by law, or try to defund.
With 10-20 million new voters in the pool, Dems and Rinos will reseize power in a few years. 

This.  ^^^

If McCain and "his friends" push an amnesty from November to January, then we're humped.  And it's very likely they will.  McCain supposedly changed his tune, but really he's just pandering to the wind.  He knows the votes are already there for Amnesty without his, so he can safely vote against his pet project and look good to the Stupid Party base, and still keep his obligations to DC insiders and agro-biz here in AZ. 

We've got maybe 3 years left before Argentina-style collapse.  Perhaps 5 before it really puts a pinch on major civil infrastructure.

They will continue to vote themselves benefits from the Treasury, and they will be content to do so until the producers find another form of currency to use besides the taxable dollar and its electronic counterparts.  That's the only solution left, if Amnesty is passed this winter.  The producers must shrug.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 11:39:26 AM »
They're illegals, they can't vote.
Do you really believe that? 
"It's good, though..."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »
This.  ^^^

If McCain and "his friends" push an amnesty from November to January, then we're humped.  And it's very likely they will.  McCain supposedly changed his tune, but really he's just pandering to the wind.  He knows the votes are already there for Amnesty without his, so he can safely vote against his pet project and look good to the Stupid Party base, and still keep his obligations to DC insiders and agro-biz here in AZ. 

We've got maybe 3 years left before Argentina-style collapse.  Perhaps 5 before it really puts a pinch on major civil infrastructure.

They will continue to vote themselves benefits from the Treasury, and they will be content to do so until the producers find another form of currency to use besides the taxable dollar and its electronic counterparts.  That's the only solution left, if Amnesty is passed this winter.  The producers must shrug.

I know I'me veering into semi-forbidded territory here--but amnesty is grounds for secession. States are going to say, why do we have to go down with this ship? It's not so much a case of trying to go higher and farther as trying to get a lifeboat off the Titanic.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »
I began talking about the S-word a long time ago.  No one WANTS it.  It is being forced on us by the usual suspects.  Certainly amnesty, of any kind (and we already have a de facto one at work), will start the discussion.  There is no reason, in my opinion, to run from an adult discussion of this and other "in extremis" scenarios.  In fact, it's a necessity to confront the ultimate lest we actually arrive there.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
I began talking about the S-word a long time ago.  No one WANTS it.  It is being forced on us by the usual suspects.  Certainly amnesty, of any kind (and we already have a de facto one at work), will start the discussion.  There is no reason, in my opinion, to run from an adult discussion of this and other "in extremis" scenarios.  In fact, it's a necessity to confront the ultimate lest we actually arrive there.

Agreed.  Secession can be discussed without getting into the violent-rebellion angle as well.  I can't imagine *today's* military being willing to fight organized American citizens, anyway.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »
Agreed.  Secession can be discussed without getting into the violent-rebellion angle as well.  I can't imagine *today's* military being willing to fight organized American citizens, anyway.

Especially without a nice scapegoat like slavery to act as a catalyst to expand federal power.

The .mil knows the fedgov is too big.  America all over the place knows the fedgov is too big.  Half a dozen states leaving (perhaps AZ, NM, TX, OK, CO, KS, WY?) would make the Union think a bit more about its jackassery.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »
I have a subtler, more sinister long-range thought.  [tinfoil] (I had sushi for lunch, so blame raw fish for teh crazy). Ideologically, the Left believes that expanding citizenship or legal status, introducing more and more people who do not assimilate and self-identify as Americans, gradually diminishes American exceptionalism. This is the slow road to the internationalist mediocrity which seems so desirable to the liberal elites. I have no axe to grind with immigrants, so long as they are invested in becoming Americans rather than making America more like the place they emigrated from.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »

I thought the question was, how many peaceful demonstrators were also shot/beaten/tased/sprayed?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »
Even if only a small number of illegals vote, the pro-illegal positions taken by elected officials whores buy votes from the legal Hispanic population.

Anchor babies become adult voters. Hispanics are on track to outnumber whites and blacks in just a few years. That's a big chunk of the populace to have in your pocket.

Real secession would be difficult, as 30-40 US states could make things difficult for an autonomous country of Wyoming or Montana or another former state. If states simply refused to send the federal tax dollars of their citizens on to Washington, the federal beast could be starved. States could collect the federal income tax and use it to maintain their portions of the interstate system and other functions previously handled by the feds. Perhaps some money could be sent to DC for legitimate federal functions (the military, for example).

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »
Silly is also an "S" word. :P
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
Secession is not a simple concept.  It doesn't necessarily have to mean a completely separate nation (or nations).  It could mean more states' rights.  It could be quasi-autonomous regions.  It could mean part of the U.S. fusing with Canada.  Many things.  What is clear enough is that things aren't going to remain the way they have been, and the word "Union," as mouthed by Obama, is not going to mean the same thing or carry the same weight.  He wants "union" only because he needs the tax revenues of those he despises.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »
Mas Ayoob summed up my thought on the subject already.  His blog post is here:  http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2010/09/09/tribes/

Relavant portion (emphasis mine):
What it comes down to is tribal values that say, “Our kind is special, and sacrosanct!” White guy shoots black guy in self-defense, and Al Sharpton holds rallies in the streets flashing the race card. Cop justifiably shoots Latin guy, and largely Latin crowds set fires in Los Angeles dumpsters. Black guy shoots white guy in self-defense, and the Caucasians don’t pour into the streets and start throwing Perrier bottles, they engage lawyers to file an unmeritorious lawsuit. Different dance, maybe, but just as tribal…and just as ethnocentrically short-sighted.

Sometimes, three generations after my grandparents made it to these shores, I am sad for my country.

Look, the Irish, German, Finn, Chinese, Pollock, Italian, Dutch, yadda, yadda, yadda immigrants didn't wreck the country with their cheap labor and funny new cultural values.  Mexicans have been rolling up into this country at least since my grandfather was a farmer for jobs and guess what?  We're fine.  And now we have a bunch of tasty Mexican restaurants!

Sure, there's some stuff wrong with our economy but it's not the fault of cheap laborers.  Quit pointing fingers at the other tribe and get to figuring out how to better our economy.  Figure out a new way to build something the world needs.  Besides a stupid fence.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »
Why?

I'm serious.  What's the motivation?  New pools of voters?  They're illegals, they can't vote. 
Illegals vote regularly in Oregon's vote by mail fraud system.  This is a byproduct of our loose standards for obtaining a drivers license and Motor Voter program at the DMV.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 09:10:35 PM »

Why?....shooting the rioters from the windows would be far easier....  [ar15]  :angel:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 09:10:56 PM »
Illegals vote regularly in Oregon's vote by mail fraud system.  This is a byproduct of our loose standards for obtaining a drivers license and Motor Voter program at the DMV.

Could you explain:

1)  How you know people are illegally voting.
1a)  Their impact on elections.

2)  How to fix the system.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 09:21:03 PM »
Giga, the only requirement for an illegal to obtain a license in Oregon was to provide the Matricula Consular de Alta Seguridad (MCAS) card to the DMV clerk and pass the written and driving tests.
Our current idiot playing at governor, Ted Kulongoski, mentioned some time last year that he would end that practice and tighten up ID requirements to obtain a drivers license.  I doubt that he followed through on that promise as I have seen nothing in the news about it.  I'm sure the illegal immigrant rights groups would have screamed bloody murder if he had.  They have a substantial presence in Oregon.
Common practice at the DMV was (when I last renewed my license, and I believe it has not changed) to hand anyone with a newly issued drivers license a voter registration application.  This is taken home, filled out, and sent in by mail.  No meaningful check to determine legal eligibility to vote is done.
I do not know their impact on elections here, but I suspect there is a measurable one.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
I've always admired Napoleon's riot-control methods.