Author Topic: Chris Christie Response to Teacher  (Read 5419 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Chris Christie Response to Teacher
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »
I think I'm developing a man crush. Christie lays it out for yet another NJ teacher. The Republican Party needs to have him hold seminars on straight talk.

http://dougpowers.com/2010/09/09/chris-christie-schools/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Chris Christie Response to Teacher
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:06:35 AM »
Wow. I think I felt a tingle.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:22:45 AM »
I had a thrill go up my leg!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »
We need to clone this guy ten thousand times.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 12:29:34 PM »
 =D Christie for prez in '12!!!!!!!!!

The guy has ballz and shoots straight.  Wow.  That's a mench.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
Too bad he sucks when it comes to guns.  =|
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 05:53:53 PM »
Too bad he sucks when it comes to guns.

It's New Jersey. If Christie can get the no taxation without representation thing straightened out, maybe he can move on to the more radical stuff like the Bill of Rights.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 06:08:02 PM »
teacher does not equal smart
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »
Wow it looked like a WWEtm Smackdown and Christie won, even before the bell rung.  I like him!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »
Nice to see a politician who isn't afraid to upset brittle people and knows his facts. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »
Too bad he sucks when it comes to guns.  =|

I've just begun hearing about this but haven't done any investigating. Is he actively anti, or just not pro-gun?

Given his small government stance, if he was simply not pro-gun, I would expect he would not sign any pro-gun legislation, but probably wouldn't sign anti-gun legislation either. If he's actively anti, that's a little worrisome.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 10:42:17 PM »
[tinfoil] sang holding an envelope next to his head looking like an idiot says "i'm afraid it looks bad" :facepalm:

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 01:45:51 AM »
Oh man.  I heard that smackdown from all the way over here on the West Coast!
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 06:40:51 AM »
she was still mouthing off during his comments   slow learner
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 09:12:24 AM »
Though he's not good on RKBA, Christie seems to be the kind of guy I could have a rational debate with. (So long as I didn't start giggling at his answer the way the teacher did!) And of course, he's MILES better than his predecessor.

teacher does not equal smart
I remember reading somewhere that the average SAT scores of students at teacher's colleges are lower than the averages at any other type of college.

Hmmmmm . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 09:31:38 AM »
I've just begun hearing about this but haven't done any investigating. Is he actively anti, or just not pro-gun?

Given his small government stance, if he was simply not pro-gun, I would expect he would not sign any pro-gun legislation, but probably wouldn't sign anti-gun legislation either. If he's actively anti, that's a little worrisome.

He's against concealed carry, and I think he's also in favor of an assault weapons ban and closing the gun show "loophole."

If he can be straightened out on those issues he'd be really great, but until he is I don't want him leaving NJ.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that the average SAT scores of students at teacher's colleges are lower than the averages at any other type of college.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, I think I just got side swiped here!   :laugh:      

I like Christie because he can shut somebody down, like this teacher, without being a total A-hole. 

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »
Good combination of A) having your facts straight, B) having a very good public speaking presence, and C) having your staff in control of the sound system.  =D

Good on him.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB