Author Topic: How did your state fare?  (Read 5620 times)

slingshot

• friend
Re: How did your state fare?
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »
Tennessee went with Romney and re-elected the Republican Senator and my district's Congressman.  I was pleased even though I was dstressed by the national data.

I was shocked to learn today that less people voted for Romney than McCain 4 years ago.  I think we have a problem.  The turnout overall was also lower in general than I expected.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
My thinking is is that it was the evangelicals who did not come out.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Buzzcook

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 11:10:22 PM »
Washington did ok.
We voted Obama, but too late to make a difference.
Jay Inslee will be our governor, though McKenna may call for a recount.

Not much change in congress. The new district that had been mostly democratic is still democratic.

Legalized pot is going to be interesting.

Gay marriage, not really as controversial as I had thought.

We did pass a wrong head charter school initiative so that special interests could suck on the state teat.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »
Monkeyleg probably knows, other than the 10 electoral votes for Obama, and Tammy Baldwin keeping the second Senate seat in Democrat hands, the WI state government the GOP and Walker's reformers kept control/made gains.

I promise not to duck.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 12:21:58 AM »
As you all know, or should, Amendment 64 passed.  A lot of jobs will be open when the pot smokers are busted in a surprise test.

Amendment S passed which gives Veterans hiring preference and lets the state be run like a business over a gov't entity.

That's all I know except my county is all red.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 01:59:26 AM »
I don't usually go to the state fair.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33:24 AM »
My thinking is is that it was the evangelicals who did not come out.

The data I've seen indicates they came out slightly more than last time.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »
The game is rigged. Probably not everywhere but in a lot of places, places that are safe from scrutiny but could help pad the numbers in a state that is critical.

I don't trust the electronic vote machines at all. Didn't when they first came out and have only learned over the years how easy they are to manipulate.

Even if I'm correct and elections are being influenced it doesn't matter. It would just be speeding along the inevitable anyway.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »

Anecdotal reporting of vote fraud pretty widespread.

Actual authorities involved in the Alan West thing.

Remember what Stalin said:  "It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes."

I think we've arrived at that truth.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »
Anecdotal reporting of vote fraud pretty widespread.

Actual authorities involved in the Alan West thing.

Remember what Stalin said:  "It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes."

I think we've arrived at that truth.
Also, the overall margin was only a million votes.  It all adds up.  I heard there were a number counties nationwide that voted over 100% of the estimate population.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge