Author Topic: Laughing at the anti-gun nuts.  (Read 5580 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Laughing at the anti-gun nuts.
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:08:23 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I think internet comments like these are just hilarious. Scary, of course, that so many people don't grok liberty, but we're allowed to laugh at them, right?

"The right to manufacture, advertise, display, distribute, sell, buy, borrow, steal, give away, or use LETHAL ammunition should be a federal crime.

People who need guns for entertainment can take them to shooting ranges where they can shoot under controlled conditions or in virtual reality scenarios. But entertainment is not a constitutional right. Be honest. We do not need to fight the British, the Russians or the aliens. People say, and may even believe, that they buy guns and ammunition for self defense. But facts show that no ordinary person can react in time to prevent a disaster. And criminals commit crimes with simpler weapons. They do not bring 100 rounds into a seven-eleven. People buy guns the way they do action figures. They stand in for fantasy characters. So let them be toys. Let them fire rubber, air, water,--whatever.

The constitutional spin fails to balance the second amendment with the right to LIBERTY--the simple and basic right to inhabit a social space and go about our daily lives. The cost of security will eventually bankrupt our communities and make it safer and easier to learn, shop and work online. Do we want a fortress society?"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/adam-lanza-newtown-gunman-rounds-of-ammuniiton_n_2313017.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Laughing at the anti-gun nuts.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
"Adam Lanza had hundreds of rounds of ammunition!"

Teh Horrors!  I just played with my new press, and loaded up "hundreds of rounds! of ammunition!".

Hours later, President Barack Obama told mourners at a vigil that the nation is failing to keep its children safe.

Ironic.

My head hurts, just scanning over the comments.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 06:02:14 PM »
It must hurt to be that stupid.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:17:22 PM »
I like how she starts with the high-grade stupidity right from the beginning. She thinks a right should be a crime!  :rofl:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »
It must hurt to be that stupid.

In a just and fair world it would.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
In a just and fair world it would.

But in our real world, if ignorance is bliss, this stupidity is probably more equivalent to a frontal lobotomy.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »
The cost of security will eventually bankrupt our communities and make it safer and easier to learn, shop and work online.

I have no idea what is being said here.  Does anyone speak idiot?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »

I occasionally speak it, but not intentionally.  I do understand it pretty well,though.  The genius above is saying security is costly and leads to agoraphobia.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
Funny how some of these people unknowingly make a case for individual ownership and bearing of arms. 

I sometimes wonder If the stupidity is greatest in their ignorance of the issue or their seemingly complete ignorance of what sort of people gun owners are.  I read some of the liberal comments and I find myself hoping a person never gets it about guns because they probably wouldn't be very responsible. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »

I am, of course, fluent. She thinks that all these crazy guns out there will raise crime rates, so it won't be safe to go out and shop.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
11:46 AM on 12/17/2012
We don't need "enough ammo to kill every person in this school" (670 persons) to protect our home from an intruder.
And, we don't need "ammo designed to fragment on impact so as to maximize carnage" to keep our families safe.
And we don't have a adequately funded mental health system to keep deranged people from harming others.
What's wrong with these pictures?
I didn't think hollow points were some big mystery.  I think it must be like dihydrogen monoxide.  If it sounds dangerous it must be.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 11:04:09 PM »
These idiots are the reason we're facing gun bans. They're so stupid they believe whatever the pols tell them (including free phones and cars and homes).

Several years back I was doing an artsy studio photo of one of my guns. My sales rep--a five-star liberal--looked at the set. All she said was, "But, Dick, it's a gun!" She said the word gun with the same horror one might use for "tarantula" or "guillotine".

"Well," I said. "That explains the loud noise when I pull the trigger."

It struck me that she was in her mid-40's, but had never even touched a gun, and never would. She had no idea how they worked, what they can or cannot do, or anything else about them, and she would never know. The media could say that guns can fire themselves, and she would believe it (well, maybe she wouldn't, as she was pretty intelligent).

There's really a stark divide in this country over guns and capitalism. Not everyone who believes in the former believes in the latter, but the overlap between the groups seems sufficient to say that the anti-gunners and the capitalism opponents are on one side, and the pro-gun people and pro-capitalism people are on the other. I really wish we could be separate countries.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:24 PM »
These idiots are the reason we're facing gun bans. They're so stupid they believe whatever the pols tell them (including free phones and cars and homes).

This.  These comments aren't to be laughed at - remember that these are opinions some people hold as strongly as what we each believe in.  I know some pro-2a people think anti's are simply ignorant; that if they had the facts they would agree with us.  But that is exactly what they think of us, by and large.

There's really a stark divide in this country over guns and capitalism. Not everyone who believes in the former believes in the latter, but the overlap between the groups seems sufficient to say that the anti-gunners and the capitalism opponents are on one side, and the pro-gun people and pro-capitalism people are on the other. I really wish we could be separate countries.

Well said.  I think both issues are tied to a deeper collectivist vs individualist mindset.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 11:39:15 PM »
...  "That explains the loud noise when I pull the trigger."  .... 
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 11:39:36 PM »
If ignorance is bliss, willful stupidity must feel like an orgasm.
I promise not to duck.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 11:45:40 PM »
I didn't think hollow points were some big mystery.  I think it must be like dihydrogen monoxide.  If it sounds dangerous it must be.

Or perhaps a 0.03% solution of submethyl protium deuteroxide?  [popcorn]

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 12:45:10 AM »
And then on our side, you have supposedly pro-gun people clawing over each other to be surrender monkeys. Check out THR, for instance.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 05:40:05 AM »
In general I think there are 4 basic anti-gun types.

The blithering idiot bed wetters that are truly afraid of guns and sticks and wet grass and dark rooms... They also want to ban anything with any risk at all that might be enjoyed by other people.
Then the idiots that truly think if there were no weapons there would be no violence.
The next are the "laws for thee but not for me" types like Finestein.
And of course the ones that really do have as their agenda disarming the citizenry to make it easier to enact their totalitarian rule.

Of course there is some overlap and sub-groups. The first 2 fall in the "useful idiot" catagory as do some of the 3rd group.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 06:34:25 AM »
I'd say there's a fifth type: the merely ignorant.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

grampster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
I'd rather have an idiot in front of me, than a prefrontal lobotomy.  The hive mind of collectivism is alive and well.  When one reads comments on many forums the word "we" is very prominent, as in we need to do this or that or ban or allow...we we we, all the way home.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

birdman

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 09:00:03 AM »

They are referring to 'green' or 'safe' frangibles.  Ironic that the enviro-push for lead free ammo, and reduced penetration for ranges and to prevent overpenetration has yielded "super dangerous" ammunition.  God, I hate people.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »
In general I think there are 4 basic anti-gun types.

The blithering idiot bed wetters that are truly afraid of guns and sticks and wet grass and dark rooms... They also want to ban anything with any risk at all that might be enjoyed by other people.
Then the idiots that truly think if there were no weapons there would be no violence.
The next are the "laws for thee but not for me" types like Finestein.
And of course the ones that really do have as their agenda disarming the citizenry to make it easier to enact their totalitarian rule.

Of course there is some overlap and sub-groups. The first 2 fall in the "useful idiot" catagory as do some of the 3rd group.

Two groups with a plethora of sub-types. The ones who know exactly what they are doing while crafting the laws, and the useful idiots.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:13 AM »

Figure this is a good place for this. I don't get the assault Toyota unless it means all Toyotas except the Prius.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »
I'd say there's a fifth type: the merely ignorant.

This.

I've helped fix a few of them. Knowledge is power and I share mine freely with all who would partake.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »

You think hollow points are dangerous?

I wish I'd recorded the broadcast a few days ago citing . . . FULL METAL JACKET !!! ammunition.

Teh horrorz!

Teh huge manatee!
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."