Author Topic: well regulated  (Read 1716 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
well regulated
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Seems to me that the state should be footing the bill teaching us marksmanship and military tactics.

To not offer armed citizens training seems to be a shirking of their responsibilities.

Having an armed and well trained populace is how you guarantee the security of the state according to the founders.

Enough of this settling for being allowed to have guns. I want gun owners to have quality training provided by the state.

Government should offer weekend Appleseed type training once a year for all gun owners as well as a weekend at a respectable pistol training center. For advanced marksmen they could substitute training in tactics and guerrilla warfare, ie how to maximize the pain for invaders.

Looking at the 2nd Amendment that seems to me to be the logical conclusion of the complete expansion of our right to bear arms.

>:D
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: well regulated
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »
A strict interpretation of 2A would protect the right to own modern battle weapons more than grandpa's shotgun  ;)

You can't practice with arms unless you own them.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:58:23 PM »
Seems to me that the state should be footing the bill teaching us marksmanship and military tactics.

To not offer armed citizens training seems to be a shirking of their responsibilities.

Having an armed and well trained populace is how you guarantee the security of the state according to the founders.

Enough of this settling for being allowed to have guns. I want gun owners to have quality training provided by the state.

Government should offer weekend Appleseed type training once a year for all gun owners as well as a weekend at a respectable pistol training center. For advanced marksmen they could substitute training in tactics and guerrilla warfare, ie how to maximize the pain for invaders.

Looking at the 2nd Amendment that seems to me to be the logical conclusion of the complete expansion of our right to bear arms.

>:D

Who do you suppose will be invading America? [popcorn]

Not that I dislike your idea .... but I don't think too many countries have an ability to invade us.

Except Mexico. :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:51:38 PM »
Who do you suppose will be invading America? [popcorn]

Not that I dislike your idea .... but I don't think too many countries have an ability to invade us.

DC seems like another country.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: well regulated
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »
DC seems like another country.

Another reality

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »
That actually sounds like a good idea...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
A strict interpretation of 2A would protect the right to own modern battle weapons more than grandpa's shotgun  ;)

You'd think that "sporting purpose" language would run afoul of the Miller decision. You'd think.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

æg151337

• Gamera Public Relations Slave
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »
I wouldn't trust the "state" to provide me with tactical training. It would be a conflict of interest.
Gamera! Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!
We've been eating GA-MER-AAAA!!!!!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 10:01:51 PM »
I think I'll find a lawyer and file a lawsuit against public schools because the 2A requires the schools to provide compulsory firearm training so the civilian militia will be well regulated.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 10:55:32 PM »
I think I'll find a lawyer and file a lawsuit against public schools because the 2A requires the schools to provide compulsory firearm training so the civilian militia will be well regulated.

You would think that Eddie Eagle-type training would at least be common practice. I don't recall it being taught in my grade school.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »

You would think that Eddie Eagle-type training would at least be common practice. I don't recall it being taught in my grade school.

Nope, nope. Can't do that. That's just NRA propaganda.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 03:37:54 AM »
Nope, nope. Can't do that. That's just NRA propaganda.

If they don't like Eddie Eagle here's an alternative...  http://shop.jpfo.org/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=26
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:33 PM »
From Rob Pincus:

For well over a decade, I have lamented the public education industry’s position on the danger of firearms being completely inconsistent with their position on any other “dangerous” topic. Drugs?  Danger=Education. Smoking? Danger=Education. Sexually Transmitted Disease? Danger=Education. Guns? Danger=Demonization. Those who establish the standards for our children’s education in our country would honestly rather talk about sex with middle schoolers than guns. And, if the kids themselves talk about guns, then they will get punished in one way or another… “for their own safety”. It’s ridiculous and it is a hypocritical position that is untenable in the face of any logical inquiry or critical thought. Yes, of course, guns can be dangerous… our kids should be educated about them at least as equally as they are educated about drugs, cars, fire and running with scissors.

http://www.icetraining.info/open-carry-constitutional-carry-and-mandatory-gun-training/

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 09:24:08 AM »
Why would "Rulers" teach you about topics that can be used to resist "Rulers"?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"