Author Topic: Is it just me, or was there a special on tinfoil hats at Wal Mart that I missed?  (Read 6664 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Well, I hope that got your attention, but the more I hear about BHO's administration, the more I have to just chuckle.  The latest I hear is that BHO is going to federalize the entire court system and criminal justice system.  every cop will be a federal cop.  Every court will be a federal court, under one set of laws that applies from sea to shining sea.  No more state laws, no more state courts, just one big federalized system.  I heard this from a couple of lawyers who practice in my court who claim to have heard this at a seminar they attended.  The idea is to elimimate the dual system, and the expenses that go along with it, and bring all judges under federal control.

Now, I laughed when I heard this, then paused and hoped it was true.  You know how much a federal magistrate makes compared to what I, a lowly state magistrate, make?  I could double my salary!   :laugh:

On to the real question...is it me or do you hear more of this tin-foil kind of thing since BHO was elected than with previous administrations?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Well, I hope that got your attention, but the more I hear about BHO's administration, the more I have to just chuckle.  The latest I hear is that BHO is going to federalize the entire court system and criminal justice system.  every cop will be a federal cop.  Every court will be a federal court, under one set of laws that applies from sea to shining sea.  No more state laws, no more state courts, just one big federalized system.  I heard this from a couple of lawyers who practice in my court who claim to have heard this at a seminar they attended.  The idea is to elimimate the dual system, and the expenses that go along with it, and bring all judges under federal control.

Now, I laughed when I heard this, then paused and hoped it was true.  You know how much a federal magistrate makes compared to what I, a lowly state magistrate, make?  I could double my salary!   :laugh:

On to the real question...is it me or do you hear more of this tin-foil kind of thing since BHO was elected than with previous administrations?

Actually, the Obama administration is starting these rumors themselves.

It's a way of testing the waters to see what they can get by the American people. Once they have gotten as many of these out there as possible, what they ACTUALLY do will seem mild by comparison.

<removes tinfoil hat>

<puts tinfoil hat back on>

Also, they eat babies.

<removes tinfoil hat>
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
Well, actually, if you keep your eyes on this, you'll see that all flags in the court are going to have a gold fringe and tassles added, meaning that not only will all courts be Federalized, they'll be under Admiralty Law besides!  :police:

Ever been keelhauled? Or made to walk the plank?  :O

=D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
<dons tinfoil hat again>

Also, they can kill you with their brains

<removes tinfoil hat>
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Waitone

• friend
Heah, I'm hearin' same kind of stuff.  What it tells me is "The Loyal Opposition" views Obama and his administration to be capable of anything.  There appears to be no more limits or guide rails to the federal government.  Evidence supporting the view is $1 trillion handed to financial institutions over a period of 2 weeks.  Opps, sorry.  Bush's administration pulled that particular stunt.  Obama's administration follows in his footsteps. 

In some circumstances paranoia demonstrates a clear understanding of reality.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I've been keelhauled...

Mary Anne Keel...

Whoa momma, I want to sail on her again!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Sounds like Sheriff of Nottingham is moving across the pond....where's our Robin Hood, perchance?

I've been keelhauled...

Mary Anne Keel...

Whoa momma, I want to sail on her again!

Do tell us the details, Captain Studley......  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

No, people were just as insane about Bush.  They honestly thought he would be opening domestic concentration camps and whatnot. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

sumpnz

• friend
The lib side had just as many stupid fantasies about Bush.  We just didn't see it as much as we're (most of us anyway) not on that side.  Now that it's Obama its our sides turn for tin-foil hattery.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Mary Anne Keel vs. Ginger Keel...

Arrrgh!   :lol:
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Well, Obama does want to federalize my paycheck. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Obama just makes it so easy to believe the conspiracies.  Those conspiracies aren't all that far removed from what he's actually said or begun to do.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Well, Obama does want to federalize my paycheck. =D

So....you got the nomination and now you're the new Supreme Commander of the Federal Civilian Police Force---Special Lawn Enforcement Division....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
Thay can do anything they want. Nobody is going to stop them. No one wants to filibuster and with all the rinos loose who have lived in DC to long.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
So....you got the nomination and now you're the new Supreme Commander of the Federal Civilian Police Force---Special Lawn Enforcement Division.... 

Run, banjos, El Tejon will make you work (and put on shoes, brush and floss and eat something green and leafy every day). =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

lone_gunman

The Bush derangement syndrome that affected left wingers has now morphed into Obama derangement syndrome, and is now infecting right wingers.

Just look at the threads you see here on this forum, where Obama derangement syndrome has taken a serious toll.  In recent threads, Obama has been accused of capping all executive salaries, refusing to hire whites for jobs in the fed gov, taking over the census to rig the results, etc etc. 

He is still just president, not a God or emperor.  Look how much trouble he has had getting his stimulus bill passed...  its only going to get tougher from here for Obama to do anything.

MechAg94

• friend
The Bush derangement syndrome that affected left wingers has now morphed into Obama derangement syndrome, and is now infecting right wingers.
Are they really different people?  I heard a lot of people on gun sites that weren't particularly liberal spouting the BDS tripe over the last few years. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Mary Anne Keel vs. Ginger Keel...

Arrrgh!   :lol:

Who's Ginger Keel?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Pirate surname.  Arrgh! 

Mary Anne vs. Ginger, and all that...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Just look at the threads you see here on this forum, where Obama derangement syndrome has taken a serious toll.  In recent threads, Obama has been accused of capping all executive salaries, refusing to hire whites for jobs in the fed gov, taking over the census to rig the results, etc etc. 
Is it derangement or tin foilery if it's true?  Obama and/or his people have stated that they intend to do each of these things, or have done similar things in the past. 

Maybe he won't actually succeed at these things.  We can only hope.  But when he says he'd like to try, it seems prudent to take him at his word.

lone_gunman

Please tell me where Obama has said he wants to call all executive salaries, and does not want whites hired by the federal government.

Waitone

• friend
The words did not come out of Obama's mouth.  Executive salaries comment came forth from the mouth of Barney Frank.  White guys comment exited Robert Reich.  Presidents, if they are smart, will used their minions to float policy balloons.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

lone_gunman

Could you point me to a quote from Barney Frank saying he wants to cap all executive salaries?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Could you point me to a quote from Barney Frank saying he wants to cap all executive salaries?

You weren't paying attention.  Look back a few posts in this thread.  Links are there, even.

Oops, sorry, different thread.  Just a sec...

There you go...
They're already talking about it.

Barney Frank: TARP's comp curbs could be extended to all businesses

http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090203/REG/902039977/1003/TOC&template=printart

Give 'em an inch...

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well

http://tinyurl.com/abd639
7-11 was a part time job.