Author Topic: Is it just me, or was there a special on tinfoil hats at Wal Mart that I missed?  (Read 6663 times)

lone_gunman

Thanks for the info, but how is Obama supporting this???  Barney Frank is not associated with the Obama presidency in any way I know.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
And now we learn that Obama wants to give FedGov some authority over our medical care.  Not just paying for it, but deciding what treatments are right and appropriate.

Obama tried to appoint as Health and Human Services Secretary a man who said we should limit the development of new treatments because they're expensive.  He thinks we should be willing to accept restrictions on treatments they deem aren't sufficiently cost effective.

Still think we're deranged to be worried about this guy?  Still think it's implausible that he might overreach his authority?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:10:26 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

lone_gunman

The Obama administration is the greatest threat to the public health this country has ever faced.  It is not because of his health care plans  (which is admittedly bad), it is because a new mental illness has been created with his election.  It is called Obama Derangement Syndrome.  It has replaced Bush Derangement Syndrome as the leading cause of mental illness on the internet.  It affects only those people who think the Republican Party is still a conservative party.  It is exacerbated by exposure to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.  Symptoms include severe paranoia and  the compulsion to make mountains out of mole hills. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:29:53 PM by Mike Irwin »

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Well, that certainly advances the discussion.

:|

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
And now we learn that Obama wants to give FedGov some authority over our medical care.  Not just paying for it, but deciding what treatments are right and appropriate.

Obama tried to appoint as Health and Human Services Secretary a man who said we should limit the development of new treatments because they're expensive.  He thinks we should be willing to accept restrictions on treatments they deem aren't sufficiently cost effective.

Still think we're deranged to be worried about this guy?  Still think it's implausible that he might overreach his authority?

Yep... the basic gist is if you're old just do society a favor and DIE!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I believe we are going to start hearing the phrase, "Duty to die", more and more as the current administration continues.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
I believe we are going to start hearing the phrase, "Duty to die", more and more as the current administration continues.
They're too PR savvy to call it that.