Author Topic: GOOD MORNING FROM GREAT LAKES RTC!!  (Read 6632 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: GOOD MORNING FROM GREAT LAKES RTC!!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 10:54:27 AM »
Wussy squids, with your intarwebz and phones at boot camp. :P I still wish I'd been a corpsman tho; still get to do fun Marine stuff, but everyone expects you to fall out on runs. :D Not to mention health care is apparently much more in demand stateside than blowing things up and killing people.....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

taurusowner

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 03:38:34 PM »
What's all this about getting a radio?  Mind you I'm in the Army, so the only radio we got at Basic was a SINCGARS to practice on.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
That's how I remember it, too, Jamis.  Very few privileges at all.  Once we got soda from the fountain in the mess hall, but the DI that allowed that was a newby.

We even had one [expletive deleted] DI that said, while he was marching us to graduation, that there were a handful of us that he was going to pull from the ceremony and start back at T1.  He just had to throw one last scare into us.  He was also the only DI that none of us shook hands with and thanked after graduation.  He stood all by his little 'ole lonesome, no one around him afterwards.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »
That's how I remember it, too, Jamis.  Very few privileges at all.  Once we got soda from the fountain in the mess hall, but the DI that allowed that was a newby.

We even had one [expletive deleted] DI that said, while he was marching us to graduation, that there were a handful of us that he was going to pull from the ceremony and start back at T1.  He just had to throw one last scare into us.  He was also the only DI that none of us shook hands with and thanked after graduation.  He stood all by his little 'ole lonesome, no one around him afterwards.

I was the mouse.  Senior's pet.  He'd pull me in the DI hootch and give me dounuts and coffee.  The heavy would eyeball me through the door and make a finger-cross-the-throat motion....yeah I'd get dug for every one of those donuts.....
Senior  "You know he's gonna dig you for those, right?"
me "Sir yes sir!"
Senior "So how many are you going to eat?"
me "Sir, this recruit's going to eat enough to make it worth the diggin, sir!"
Senior "Damnit,  that's my boy!"
 =D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »
I went in on the Buddy Program with three friends.  One was the mouse (retired after 24 as a GySgt.), and he used to give the rest of us a "head's up" on the scheduled pit calls.  That made them easier to swallow.
The rest of the platoon went on thinking all pit calls were for infractions of one sort or another.  We weren't about to out our inside man.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 07:36:56 PM »
save all your money for the first year, be very frugal after!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

erictank

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 07:52:33 PM »
Hey, I was on TR with you! Probably never saw you though, your type doesn't come out of its hole much. I was in AIMD from Jan 95 to Dec 99.

I came up to the hangar deck AT LEAST every two weeks to take a look at the sky, whether I needed to or not  =D

Small world, though, isn't it?

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 08:03:58 PM »
What's all this about getting a radio?  Mind you I'm in the Army, so the only radio we got at Basic was a SINCGARS to practice on.

Young pup..  I always had to pack a beat up old sometimes functional PRC (prick) 77 around on my back!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »
Young pup..  I always had to pack a beat up old sometimes functional PRC (prick) 77 around on my back!

Well the SINGARS are sometimes functional also.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
I'll never forget, there was about 4 of us, maybe five, and one of us had discovered a little mechanical room off the main corridor to where all the racks were. On Saturday nights, after taps and everyone was asleep we would all sneak in there to play cards and smoke ciggies till the wee hours. We did this for at least a couple weeks. We would have gotten our asses in way deep *expletive deleted*it if we ever got caught. Well, the LAST time we did this we were in there and suddenly there was a noise outside the door. We all freaked out and, in our socks and skivvies, came screaming out the door to get back to our racks. We ran smack dab into a friggin' 2nd class PO in crackerjacks that noone had ever seen before and just like in the cartoons we all slammed on the brakes and because we had socks on pretty much slid one into the other in a line. You hadda be there to appreciate the scene. Anyhoo, we knew we were had so we all snapped to attention and the guy says, "What are you all doing?" Someone said, "Playing cards sir!" and he said, "Well, get back in your racks!" to which we all promptly complied. We figured we were going to be SOOOO SCREWED the next day when the word got out. Lo and behold, nothing happened, the guy never said a word to anybody about it as far as we could tell. I STILL owe that guy, whoever he was.  :lol:
Avoid cliches like the plague!