Author Topic: It's going to take more than duct tape to fix this one.  (Read 6628 times)

Hutch

• friend
Re: It's going to take more than duct tape to fix this one.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
I get a chuckle every time I envision this guy starting to walk toward his truck, punching the button on his key fob, and being catapulted backward like a Hollywood stunt double.  There, I chuckled again. :rofl:
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: It's going to take more than duct tape to fix this one.
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »
When I was a kid, I put some carbide in an Erlenmeyer flask with a two-hole stopper.   Thistle tube down one hole, glass jet tube coming out the other hole.

Poured in water, watched the reaction, lit the gas coming out of the jet tube.

Expected a smoky flame, but noooo.  Flame slowly proceeded back down the glass tube since the velocity of gas coming out was a little slower than the flame front going in.

Watched flame go around the corner of the jet tube and realized what was happening.

BANG!

Had got up from chair and covered face just in time.  Thistle tube stuck in Celotex ceiling, glass all over the place.

Only got a nick of glass in my pinky.

Couldn't call it smart luck, must've been dumb luck.

Never trusted acetylene again.

--Anonymous fool
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.