Author Topic: Gay marriage legalized in yet another state  (Read 6470 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: Gay marriage legalized in yet another state
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 08:37:45 PM »

Like Barney Frank? Which part has more appeal in lawmakers, I wonder, his gay prostitution ring thing, or the hard-left politics that sort usually cling to?

If, say, he had been running a heterosexual ring and supplying female prostitutes to ranking officials in the CIA and other Defense establishment officials to obtain contracts instead....would you be less outraged?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »
frank? hes middle america compared to gary studds.  and were it a hetero ring he'd have been run outa town
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 08:41:28 PM »
Like Barney Frank? Which part has more appeal in lawmakers, I wonder, his gay prostitution ring thing, or the hard-left politics that sort usually cling to?

I take your Barney Frank and raise you Germany's Guido Westerwelle.

Or, if you want to stay in America, Loretta Nall [she wasn't gay, but a stripper].
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 08:42:22 PM »
Quote from: MicroBalrog
Which of the Roman Emperors collected little boys?

Let's see...Commodus, Tiberius, and of course Caligula...

Don't care

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »
Would a mod please lock this thread down, please?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »
If, say, he had been running a heterosexual ring and supplying female prostitutes to ranking officials in the CIA and other Defense establishment officials to obtain contracts instead....would you be less outraged?

Anyone caught in that sort of thing has left office in disgrace.

Frank is still in a position of power.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »
gary studds stood and turned his back to congress when censured. and stayed
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 08:46:22 PM »
Let's see...Commodus, Tiberius, and of course Caligula...

Caligula, Commodus, and Tiberius collected little boys?

Many were the vices of Caligula, but little boys were not one of them. His sisters were, but boys weren't.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 08:47:31 PM »
Would a mod please lock this thread down, please?

I'm out of this.

If traditional family values have become unacceptable to some people, they can just sit back and watch America keep going into the crapper and wonder why.

Don't care

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
I'm out of this.

If traditional family values have become unacceptable to some people, they can just sit back and watch America keep going into the crapper and wonder why.

I'm not disagreeing with traditional family values.

I'm stating that the bickering has gotten out of hand and that if people can't discuss a matter rationally....as well as staying on the original topic....then step back and agree to disagree.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »
What bickering is there? I saw none on anybody's part.

In the meanwhile, I went and opened Suetonius', Tacitus', and Cassius Dio's biographies of Caligula and Commodus online'. Nowhere in these texts does the word 'boy' apear in a sexual context, except for a mention of Commodus killing some guy's 'boy favorite'.  Tiberius was rumored to exploit newborn infants, of course, but that is not confirmed - historians believe it to be a political allegation rather than actual fact.

So much for the 'series of Emperors collecting little boys.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2008, 09:00:34 PM »
For one, it forces every small business owner into an de facto acceptance of that lifestyle, regardless of the small business owner's beliefs. If said small business owner made even a single peep about not wanting to cover someone's "husband" or "wife" with their policies, they'd be sued so hard they'd probably lose their entire business.

Just also wait for the first lawsuit by someone not hired by a business "because they listed their gay spouse on their resume and that MUST be OMG DISCRIMINATION". Or fired for incompetence, likewise. "I listed my 'spouse' on my contact form, that's why I got fired, sue!!!"

It'll happen, and it'll happen quick.

Acceptance, endorsement by all, or you're taken to court one way or another. That's the longterm agenda.

This is also a serious slippery slope. What's next?

You list your family situation on a resume?

• friends
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 09:01:30 PM »
it appears his taste ran to men   allegedly some forced

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 09:22:49 PM »
As requested by the OP.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:28:05 PM by cosine »
Andy