Author Topic: Dog is dead.  (Read 3407 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Dog is dead.
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »
Duane Chapman, long-haired poser, has lost his show, apparently.  The source here is the Enquirer, as they were the first to get the story and audiotape.  So far as I can tell, this is legit.  He is on tape using the N-word repeatedly.  The story has links to the audiotape.  FYI, the tape is full of racism and profanity.  Listen at your own risk.   smiley

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/dog_bounty_hunter_racial_slur_tape/celebrity/64325
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Dog is dead.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:44:20 PM »
Is there some reason I should care?*

stay safe.

skidmark

Tried to think of more to say explaining my position, but it just won't come.  This is another of life's non-events, as far as I'm concerned.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
Nothing this funny could be a non-event.  Listen to the first minute of the tape.  Read his hilarious "apologies." 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 07:31:01 PM »
It's hilarious just for the mental giant logic  (paraphrasing) "I'm not racist but I don't want this girl around because we say *let's not go there* and if she hears us say that she'll ruin our careers so I'm going to tell you not to date her while recording this for posterity on your answering machine so no one will ever hear us say these awful things and portray us as the ignorant idiots we are."  Brilliant!

Maybe him and Imus can serve warrants in Atlanta. They ought to be real popular.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »
It doesn't sound to me like he was using it in a racist fashion or even directed at anyone. Where I live it is an accepted term between both black and white used to refer to a trashy freeloader with dark skin. For whites the term white trash or redneck is used.  It also makes a difference whether it ends in a or er,hey nigga being a greeting almost along the lines of hey buddy while the other word is used to indicate trash. This is among relatively young ,blue collar,urban,and mixed race workers. Older people see it as a racist insult. Once again this is in an urban environment in a majority black city.   
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 07:51:09 PM »
and his own son sold the tape  family reunions will be fun

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:03:48 PM »
The NAACP is going to tear him apart. Evidently using the N-word now= I want to hang black people. The son selling him out sucks but I guess he could have said it much nicer. Something like " I want your girlfriend to know that when referring to bail jumping criminal trash we have to track down we sometimes non PC like refer to them as the n word. She needs to know that if she hears this it doesn't mean we are racist or have any dislike towards her, it's just how we talk." It would have worked better than the "I don't want her around because she might find out I'm a closet racist and the media might find out", which is what some people will take from this.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 08:19:45 PM »
The ironic thing is that he was technically right in predicting how he would be brought down.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 08:34:18 PM »
He who lives in the media, dies in the media. grin

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 01:59:36 AM »
The ironic thing is that he was technically right in predicting how he would be brought down.

Except that he was sold out by his own son instead of the girlfriend. I wonder if this will make him racist against White people?
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 07:30:31 AM »
I heard Rover's Fido's Dog's minister is black, and expressed support for him.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 07:44:22 AM »
Except that he was sold out by his own son instead of the girlfriend. I wonder if this will make him racist against White people?

I am not so sure he is racist. He did not object to the relationship because of the girl's race per se, but because she might misinterpret what she might hear and thus cause him harm.

If we lump up white trash, stupid people, slur-users, PC-wary people, etc. together with the real racists, this country would be technically >90% racist, while the latter would have a much larger pool to swim and hide in.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 10:01:31 AM »
I disagree. 
Common use of the term "*let's not go there*" makes him a racisist.  Would he drag a black person to death?  Probably not.  Is he a card carrying member of the Klan?  Probably not.  But he's a racist still the same.  He's bigioted trash. 
The idea of him losing his show is funny, but its also sad that ignorance is a automatic black mark, forgive the saying  grin.  It actually shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.  Let's see:
He's from a poor family.
Convicted Felon.
Uneducated.
But, it's also A&E's right to be represented by people that don't act like insane moron's (oh, wait....he is an insane moron) when they give them a show.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 10:14:43 AM »
If "Dog" was black, would it be OK?  Cuz, I hear Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Eddie and Charlie Murphy, etc use the term all the time...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 10:28:25 AM »
most if not all adults are racist to some extent  some are just more honest about it

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 11:04:39 AM »
If "Dog" was black, would it be OK?
Yes.

Any other silly questions?

Used between two individuals of the same race or ethnic group (or even of different groups, given the proper relationship dynamic), a slur has none of the 'awful power' it holds when used by people without that conncetion.

Hence a Jewish cultural magazine called "Heeb." And (some) black men and women using the n-word as a term of endearment. Homosexuals adopting 'fag' and 'queer.'  In large part, the concept you want to look up is 'language reclamation.'
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »
Used between two individuals of the same race or ethnic group (or even of different groups, given the proper relationship dynamic), a slur has none of the 'awful power' it holds when used by people without that conncetion.

Whatever you say, you white-bread, redneck, freakin' cracker!  grin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 12:29:33 PM »
If "Dog" was black, would it be OK?
Yes.

Any other silly questions?

Hence a Jewish cultural magazine called "Heeb." And (some) black men and women using the n-word as a term of endearment. Homosexuals adopting 'fag' and 'queer.'  In large part, the concept you want to look up is 'language reclamation.'

Thank you.  I could not have explained all that so concisely.  When another white person calls me "honkey," even if I don't know them, I'll think it's pretty funny.  If a Black stranger were to call me that, I would assume they were using it as a slur, rather than a joke or as "language reclamation." 

I have used "*let's not go there*" and "nigga" around black people that knew me.  People I had worked with, eaten with, lived with, and been deployed with.  I used it in the same way I heard them use it.  They knew I was just a country white boy, with more nerve than brains or experience, who liked rap music and was just feeling his way around this Black culture thing.  But I could tell they didn't appreciate it, and I don't do that anymore.  They even called me "nigga" at times, but it's just a fact that a white person can't usually turn that around on them without causing offense. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »
It doesn't sound to me like he was using it in a racist fashion or even directed at anyone.

He called the girl a n**ger.  It's on the tape.  And it sounded very racist to me.  I guess I'm one of those people who "won't understand."   rolleyes

Where I live it is an accepted term between both black and white used to refer to a trashy freeloader with dark skin. For whites the term white trash or redneck is used.

Well, knock it off.  Why don't you just refer to "trashy black free-loaders" as "trashy free-loaders"?  If people insist on including racial components to their insults, it will be seen as racist by many others.  So if you don't mean to be racist, why use racist lingo? 

Paddy

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »
Ding Dong! The Dog is dead. Which old Dog? The Dirty Dog!
Ding Dong! The Dirty Racist Dog is dead.

rolleyes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
Yes, Riley, pretty much.   smiley  He doesn't annoy me because he's a racist.  He annoys me because...of...him. 

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »
Trash is as trash does.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »
My question is, what's with the two idiots and the long braids? Eek and Meek?  rolleyes

cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 07:55:34 AM »
So is he going to check into rehab now?

That's the Hollywood absolution. If they get caught stealing, embezzling, make a nasty comment, say something racist, get caught with someone else's wife, etc...they check into rehab or AA, as if that'll forgive their transgressions.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 08:08:52 AM »
Mark Fuhrman went from an LAPD detective to author and TV personality after his N word tape came to light.

In the scheme of things, it really just is not important.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.