Author Topic: mayor removes self from maig list  (Read 664 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
mayor removes self from maig list
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
saw this in a very local paper "the walton reporter".

originally, the mayor of walton ny thought the group "mayors against illegal guns" (maig)followed his own stance and joined the group,"as a retired investigator, i'm against illegal guns" ed snow announced.  but, after a few concerned citizens questioned him about the maig stance on various issues snow asked them (maig) to take him off their list. "some of their other agendas are anti-gun," snow said. "i told them, i'm against illegal guns, but i'm also against some of what your people are trying to do. please take my name off the list."

if more constituents of other areas would question their mayors participation i would bet the maig list would get shorter by the minute.

sorry for the condensed facts. didn't have the time for the full article today.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 02:30:25 PM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: mayor removes self from maig list
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »
I guess you could put me down as being against "illegal guns" too.

I don't think any guns should be illegal.  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: mayor removes self from maig list
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:59:52 AM »
I've never met an illegal gun. I've met some people who've committed illegal acts, but never a gun that's done such a thing.

I never said a word about my faith in humanity.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.