Author Topic: This Guy Doesn't Like Cast Iron  (Read 580 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
This Guy Doesn't Like Cast Iron
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »
Minigun vs cast iron skillets.

https://youtu.be/ishNPbzxLTA
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: This Guy Doesn't Like Cast Iron
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »
Someone else did that.  DemoRanch maybe.  Not sure who it was, but I watched it.

I think this is popular now because of the video game PlayerUnknown's Battle Ground (PUBG).  That game uses a cast iron pan as body armor.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 01:29:15 PM »
Yeah.  Um.  Well.

General rule, though, is to not shoot at concave-ish surfaces.  Like the webs of railroad tracks, f'r instance.  Bullet might not come back at you, but fragments might.  Not necessarily relevant here, but is in general.  That's why I call it a general rule --just something to think about while setting up fun nonstandard targets.

Anyhow, I'm sure we can think of better ways to play with a minigun.

Terry
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:42:56 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 01:40:44 PM »
Yeah.  Um.  Well.

General rule, though, is to not shoot at concave-ish surfaces.  Like the webs of railroad tracks, f'r instance.  Not necessarily relevant here, but is in general.  That's why I call it a general rule --just something to think about while setting up  fun targets.

Anyhow, I'm sure we can think of better ways to play with a minigun.

Here - this is one of his safer ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY7jZia2dXQ
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »
Yeah, Hatcher's Notebook has some words on that matter.  One dark night I fired a couple of .357s straight up on the Grasslands, relying on P<scary.

Finally heard one coming down with an oscillating whirring sound, then a faint plop.  Don't remember for sure what the time was.  Seems like it was less than a minute.  Went back to my camper to finish my beer.

Checked by daylight, no holes in roof.

I've also fired an ounce of birdshot ( 6, 7-1/2 ? ) straight up.  Sounded like a brief rain coming down through the trees. We heard at least one pellet hitting my buddy's truck but we never found a mark on it.  That one was pretty safe, but I'm not sure I'd want to pull it off with a load of buckshot.

As far as I know, Hatcher never put any of his extensive Ordnance Dept experiments on you tube, and neither have I, so I reckon replications of these experiments in front of a camera are worthwhile.

Terry
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:03:56 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.