Author Topic: Mobs, liberals and racism  (Read 22154 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Mobs, liberals and racism
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
Do you think the only people who own guns are gun culture types?

I have news: There are millions of people who own a shotgun, or a rifle for home defense, or maybe have a pistol permit and who are not people like you and me who have guns as a hobby. Sure, they are less common in urban environments (although I am not sure about cities like Nashville). But gun ownership is not - and should not be - tied to ideology.

Guns are a useful tool. This is the message we need to get to people everywhere: firearms are a tool. Get one.

This story is not an illustration of an epic social problem that requires great statesmanlike wisdom to resolve.

Guns have helped to reduce the prevalence of practically violent crime in America - rape, murder, burglary - over the last 15 years. All of those issues which were brought up - political, legal, etc. - apply as well to a man shooting a 'disadvantaged youth' in home defense as they would here. And yet the rates of rape, murder, and hot burglary fell consistently, and people defended themselves actively. This is just the same, except with a more target-rich environment.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »
You're not getting it. The Libertarian/Right "Gun Culture Types" don't live/work or go to those neighborhoods if they can help it.

Ayup. I work in that very area, I wouldn't if I could find something better.

I have news: There are millions of people who own a shotgun, or a rifle for home defense, or maybe have a pistol permit and who are not people like you and me who have guns as a hobby. Sure, they are less common in urban environments (although I am not sure about cities like Nashville). But gun ownership is not - and should not be - tied to ideology.

In the area in Milwaukee that we are talking about, very few people (most are rabidly anti-gun) other than criminals own guns. A household is far more likely to own a water bong than a firearm of any kind.  Ownership should not be tied to ideology, but it this case it really is. The whole milwaukee area is very deeply segregated by political/racial/ideological lines.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:53:24 AM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 11:59:20 AM »

Guns are a useful tool. This is the message we need to get to people everywhere: firearms are a tool. Get one.

This story is not an illustration of an epic social problem that requires great statesmanlike wisdom to resolve.

Guns have helped to reduce the prevalence of practically violent crime in America - rape, murder, burglary - over the last 15 years. All of those issues which were brought up - political, legal, etc. - apply as well to a man shooting a 'disadvantaged youth' in home defense as they would here. And yet the rates of rape, murder, and hot burglary fell consistently, and people defended themselves actively. This is just the same, except with a more target-rich environment.

The only thing that will change this is the victims themselves, if the experience teaches them... more like hits them over the head, literally, and drags them, kicking and screaming, to the conclusion they should be armed.

Nothing and no one else will do it. The whole anti-gun thing and "violence solves nothing" attitude that's prevalent with a Milwaukee east-side Liberal trancends logic and it's part of their "identity politics". They don't support gun control and oppose CCW because they think it's harmful. Ultimately, they simply oppose it because they feel it's "bad" without meaningful and articulate reasons as to why. Mainly they oppose it because they know the people they oppose politically want it.

If this had happened next year when WI CCW is in effect, and an armed CCW'er had brandished, or actually fired a few shots, saving the rest of these white women from a beating, I can guarantee you that they'd be more horrified at the CCW'er, than they'd be at the mob of black teens looking to beat them.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
If this had happened next year when WI CCW is in effect, and an armed CCW'er had brandished, or actually fired a few shots, saving the rest of these white women from a beating, I can guarantee you that they'd be more horrified at the CCW'er, than they'd be at the mob of black teens looking to beat them.

Well a CCW permit is a hunting license for urban black youth dontchaknow.

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 12:12:11 PM »
Well a CCW permit is a hunting license for urban black youth dontchaknow.

Must bite tongue... going any further runs the risk of being so non-APS as to get me into severe trouble.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »
Must bite tongue... going any further runs the risk of being so non-APS as to get me into severe trouble.
Just paraphrasing what the milwaukee raicebaiters have been saying ;)

Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »
This occured in Milwaukee. A simple Google search brought up a gun store in Milwaukee selling Bushmaster rifles. As for being sued, a Make My Day law is even now in the works in Minnesota.

Even in California you can get some pretty useful stuff.

You think you can fill out a 4473, call in a NICS check, buy everything, load the mags, and respond to the scene before the mod breaks up?

Who said anything about ideology? In non-residential neighborhoods in large cities, it is very uncommon to have a rifle readily available. A few trunk guns, maybe. But running to your car to get the secured rifle out takes time, draws attention to you (potentially anyway), and is not generally going to be practical.

As for the bolded part, maybe you and I agree with that, but the prosecutors in large cities such as we are discussing probably do not. The MSM do not. The gang bangin' buddies of the flash mobbers certainly do not. There are a lot of practical issues you are ignoring in your efforts to turn this to your ideological advantage.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
The main problem with 'Trunk Guns' is unless you've got loved ones in great peril, or people to whom you feel you have an exceptional duty to protect, by the time you've reached your car, why not just get in and drive away from the trouble?

Unless my family is in peril, I'm not returning to the scene of a crime or altercation or mass-shooting or worse in progress, rifle or not.

Walt Whitman TX A&M tower sniper, where civilians kept him pinned down, or the Jonesborough(?) school shooting where the Vice Principal ran to his car off-grounds and retrieved an M1 carbine and stopped the shooting are about the only two instances where "trunk guns" were of use I can think of.

If there's more, I'd like to know. I like the idea of the trunk gun, under the "better to have and not need, than need and not have" premise, but realistically, I'm hard pressed to think of a scenario where I'm actually going to employ one without doing something extraordinarily foolhardy and dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:32:21 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »
As for the bolded part, maybe you and I agree with that, but the prosecutors in large cities such as we are discussing probably do not. The MSM do not. The gang bangin' buddies of the flash mobbers certainly do not. There are a lot of practical issues you are ignoring in your efforts to turn this to your ideological advantage.

What ideological advantage?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
The main problem with 'Trunk Guns' is unless you've got loved ones in great peril, or people to whom you feel you have an exceptional duty to protect, by the time you've reached your car, why not just get in and drive away from the trouble?

Unless my family is in peril, I'm not returning to the scene of a crime or altercation or mass-shooting or worse in progress, rifle or not.

Walt Whitman TX A&M tower sniper, where civilians kept him pinned down, or the Jonesborough(?) school shooting where the Vice Principal ran to his car off-grounds and retrieved an M1 carbine and stopped the shooting are about the only two instances where "trunk guns" were of use I can think of.

If there's more, I'd like to know. I like the idea of the trunk gun, under the "better to have and not need, than need and not have" premise, but realistically, I'm hard pressed to think of a scenario where I'm actually going to employ one without doing something extraordinarily foolhardy and dangerous.

My reason for a trunk gun is for the very unlikely event that a lot of bad things coincide with eathother in one day on a 10x bigger scale than they've happened seperately- rioting (can and has happened), transportation routes cut off (once a month phenomenon for me), power gets cut/natural disaster (least likely event, but the one that would trigger the other two).
It makes me feel a lot better that if I had to, could pick up my rucksack and carbine and could walk out of the city. I have a work buddy that lives near me that has the same plan and preparation- and uses the same ammo :cool:

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »

I'm not sure "ideological advantage" here is exactly the right choice of words. I can't speak for Balog, but you're displaying a peculiar obstinate naiveté about the realities and aftermath of a racially loaded self defense situation in America.

1. The whites in this particular area of Milwaukee will probably never be pro gun or pro CCW.

2. Even if there is a successful self-defense shooting by a white CCW'er, or someone open carrying a rifle, you're refusing to recognize the completely devastating reaction of the media, the police, the prosecutor, the community, and the aggressor's surviving family. Even if the shooter prevails legally because ultimately the law is on their side, this process can still mean months, if not years of having one's life turned upside down, and cause you to incur expensive legal costs and any other number of major life disruptions.

The natural cost/benefit calculations that anyone who actually has enough independent thought that they might use a firearm for self defense means they just won't be in that neighborhood in the first place.

My reason for a trunk gun is for the very unlikely event that a lot of bad things coincide with eathother in one day on a 10x bigger scale than they've happened seperately- rioting (can and has happened), transportation routes cut off (once a month phenomenon for me), power gets cut/natural disaster (least likely event, but the one that would trigger the other two).
It makes me feel a lot better that if I had to, could pick up my rucksack and carbine and could walk out of the city. I have a work buddy that lives near me that has the same plan and preparation- and uses the same ammo :cool:

I guess that sums up my feeling on the "trunk gun" as well.

My thoughts were more directed at the idea Micro alluded to by saying someone should buy a Bushmaster/AR-15 type rifle at the Shooter's Shop in the face of the late night fireworks/park mob.

He's just not getting that someone walking around downtown Milwaukee with a slung AR-15 would have been the "bigger deal" than the mob in the eyes of the city government and the MPD, and the local (law abiding) residents, no matter what WI law says about open carry.

I don't want to put words into his mouth, but I feel he's implying people should walk around Milwaukee's ghetto and borderline areas with rifles and "tame it".
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:40:43 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »

You have a narrative that you try to fit world events into, to satisfy your positions. Perhaps ideology was the wrong word.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
My thoughts were more directed at the idea Micro alluded to by saying someone should buy a Bushmaster/AR-15 type rifle at the Shooter's Shop in the face of the late night fireworks/park mob.

I think there was a misunderstanding when Balog said that urbanites would not have the rifles "readily available." Balog meant on their person; MB thought that meant available for purchase.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »
I don't want to put words into his mouth, but I feel he's implying people should walk around Milwaukee's ghetto and borderline areas with rifles and "tame it".

No, I'm not outright insane. I'm going to post in detail in a moment.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
1. It's notable that those 'incidents' are not restricted to Milwaukee – that table also lists events that happened in Nashville and other such places not known for an anti-gun bias.

2. There was a time – and I think is still done in some places – where businesses kept a shotgun or some other longarm on the premises to fend off robberies etc. We sometimes still see this happen – sort of like this, this, this, and similar events.

Perhaps not in Minnesota, but maybe in Nashville or Las Vegas I think you'd see someone eventually run into such a store owner and get shot. If you are a store owner attacked by a dozen thugs you will not think about how bad it will look in the press if you shoot them.

Right now, these events are extremely rare – that site lists maybe a dozen in 2010, in a country of 300 million. The chance this will happen at a specific store is really small – and most of these are less 'violent attack' and more 'organized shoplifting'.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »
  . . . The chance this will happen at a specific store is really small – and most of these are less 'violent attack' and more 'organized shoplifting'. 
Most people - including those licensed to carry concealed weapons - are NOT going to intervene in a shoplifting incident at a store where they're a customer. What I see happening is that some of the shoplifters will see what they think is an easy mark in the store, get caught up in the excitement of their lawbreaking . . . and decide to assault the wrong (some would say right) person.

Eventually it's going to happen. OR they'll hit a privately owned store or franchise where the owner IS armed. And one or more of the mob is going to suffer some major consequences.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »
Most people - including those licensed to carry concealed weapons - are NOT going to intervene in a shoplifting incident at a store where they're a customer.

A shoplifting accident? No, but a shop owner is not going to shoot people over shoplifting either.

But if people are assaulting the shop owner and his life/limb is actually threatened?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2011, 05:23:04 PM »
Perhaps not in Minnesota, but maybe in Nashville or Las Vegas I think you'd see someone eventually run into such a store owner and get shot. If you are a store owner attacked by a dozen thugs you will not think about how bad it will look in the press if you shoot them.

If something like this happened here in this part of AL, and a store owner shot some of the punks, I'm pretty confident saying that he wouldn't be charged, and he'd have the support of the community, including blacks.

From what I've seen in the past year, people like it when citizens shoot criminals.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »
There was a long period of several years in WI where there were a few notable self-defense cases with illegal CCW that wen't un-prosecuted.

An elderly man, getting gas in WI between Milwaukee and Chicago was accosted shot a "youth" who tried to beat him/strong arm rob him.

There was also a Pizza delivery driver who shot someone attempting to rob him in the ghetto with a toy pistol (I believe). This was his SECOND defensive CCW use.

However, in both these cases, the State Supreme Court was one decision away from making WI like Vermont, due to their frustration at the Legislature's inaction (in reality the previous Governor's vetoes) over CCW, and how it ran up against the WI State Constitution's very clearly worded RKBA amendment.

So the DA's and ADA's and liberal lower level circuit court judges were hesitant to send up any more case law.

Now that it's passed, I suspect the more liberal ones who don't like CCW, RKBA, and armed self-defense in general will actually be in "payback" mode for awhile over any self-defense shootings that happen in the large liberal metro areas of WI. For awhile at least. While they won't be issuing any firearm charges, they'll be going over the shootings with a fine toothed comb looking for any excuse to charge the shooter.
I promise not to duck.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 06:49:52 PM »

Now that it's passed, I suspect the more liberal ones who don't like CCW, RKBA, and armed self-defense in general will actually be in "payback" mode for awhile over any self-defense shootings that happen in the large liberal metro areas of WI. For awhile at least. While they won't be issuing any firearm charges, they'll be going over the shootings with a fine toothed comb looking for any excuse to charge the shooter.

And Eugene Kane will write about it, and Carole Meekins will put on her "this is serious business" face and pull out her "I mean it, this is serious business" voice when talking about it on the evening news...

It will be interesting to see the media's reaction.
Andy

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »

How about the one where AJ Dual gets buttstroked repeatedly for posting the equivalent of this paper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:57:35 PM by KD5NRH »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »
Flash mobs are war parties.  Tribal behavior tends to produce similar behavior.  This isn't going to be about one or two armed people shooting back when attacked.  Just a prediction.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
The "youths" were black, and the beating victims white. In its editorial on the beatings, the Journal Sentinel issued the usual call for the police to work with the "community", whoever or whatever that might be. It also said the following:

"Some witnesses and residents questioned whether race played a role in the looting and beatings. Witnesses say the attacks were unprovoked and that the victims were white and the attackers were African-American. But we'd agree with Flynn, who said crime is colorblind. Flynn also downplayed the notion that police tried to minimize the severity of the incidents. Flynn said that initially police weren't fully informed of the details."
It'll only be a racially motivated Hate Crimeâ„¢ when one of the white victims fights back and kills-or-maims some of the "poor disadvantaged yoots" attackers.
"It's good, though..."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 11:22:46 PM »
Tell me that's not, you know, real.
It is awesome.