Author Topic: 46 Just Signed the $1.9 Trillion Free Stuff Bill  (Read 1955 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
46 Just Signed the $1.9 Trillion Free Stuff Bill
« on: March 11, 2021, 02:36:58 PM »
Just signed:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-signs-coronavirus-relief-bill-first-major-legislative-win

Idaho politicians are furious about this, not just because of the waste, but because blue states like CA and NY that completely mismanaged themselves for covid and a host of other issues just had their debts for bad decisions basically erased, while states that managed to pretty much stay open, and even carry a budget surplus, get screwed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: 46 Just Signed the $1.9 Trillion Free Stuff Bill
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 02:39:13 PM »
the NPC line justifying this was “blue states pay for red states welfare”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 02:44:06 PM »
Guess I’ll buy a new chainsaw, possibly a kayak for hunting (been jonesing after one I can stand up in on the water), and probably pay off a 401k loan we used to pay for medical bills.  Should still have $3k left after that.  Maybe put that in a deductible IRA.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 02:48:34 PM »
Guess I’ll buy a new chainsaw, possibly a kayak for hunting (been jonesing after one I can stand up in on the water), and probably pay off a 401k loan we used to pay for medical bills.  Should still have $3k left after that.  Maybe put that in a deductible IRA.

I'm getting a new Kenwood transceiver (2m/70cm) for my truck and probably spend the rest on a pallet of car siding to finish my basement. What ever is left is going into my new Weimaraner puppy fund.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »
If I get stimulated I am going to turn it around and stimulate my local diesel mechanic with a good portion of it to remove the DPF and EGR from my 08 F350. That way I can use my (and your) money to help offset all of the carbon reducing stuff going on.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 03:10:38 PM »
If I get stimulated I am going to turn it around and stimulate my local diesel mechanic with a good portion of it to remove the DPF and EGR from my 08 F350. That way I can use my (and your) money to help offset all of the carbon reducing stuff going on.

bob

=D

If I could have done that with my CA F250 diesel, I would still be driving it. I HATED the DPF.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 03:14:17 PM »
I also see Biden called in a gaggle of "journalists" to record his signing of it, then had them all kicked out when he put down the last pen, no questions. No complaints from the so-called journalists either.

At least Trump had the balls to take questions, pretty much all of them attacks, whenever he signed something.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/03/11/and-there-it-is-biden-signs-1-9-trillion-bill-heads-for-the-door-as-reporters-are-ordered-to-leave-immediately/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 04:02:13 PM »
The way I'm figuring it, I ain't getting *expletive deleted*it except for a bill.

I guess my bag of gold is too heavy for me to get stimulized.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 04:29:28 PM »
The way I'm figuring it, I ain't getting *expletive deleted*it except for a bill.

I guess my bag of gold is too heavy for me to get stimulized.

Probably there with ya, Mike.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 04:38:53 PM »
If I were still working in aerospace, and/or if my wife was getting paychecks, it’s pretty unlikely I’d qualify for stimulation.

Mind you, I shouldn’t.  It would be FAR better for everyone to only give money to those still out of work because of the shutdown.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 05:19:12 PM »
Everyone I know who is married or has dependents get the checks.  If you are single with no dependents, you get nothing if you make too much. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 05:35:33 PM »

How much are you getting?  At $1,400 per person, max, you must have four or five people in your house that qualify.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 05:37:11 PM »
I hope you all enjoy my money.  And your money.  That $1,400 only cost you $3,000.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 06:08:15 PM »
How much are you getting?  At $1,400 per person, max, you must have four or five people in your house that qualify.

6.  Me, SWMBO, and 4 crotch spawn.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 08:47:36 PM »
I imagine that we make too much money to qualify for any stimulus check, which is fine by us.  We would just stick it in the bank and use it to pay the first half of the annual property taxes in April.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 09:20:49 PM »
Looking at getting all new front end parts for my truck when it gets here. I paid in for a lot of years and even had to do the quarterly for several years. Then there is the whole $5000+ for what my daughter needs done.

As much as I hate they are wasting money in the bill it will help us some.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 09:50:51 PM »
“No soup for you”.....errr, me I mean

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2021, 09:02:44 AM »
I hope you all enjoy my money.  And your money.  That $1,400 only cost you $3,000.
You sure you are not underestimating that cost?

Not to mention that part of the bill is a small percentage of the overall spending.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 09:12:48 AM »

Not to mention that part of the bill is a small percentage of the overall spending.

I think I read somewhere that it's closer to $6000.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »
Just two more trillion to flatten the curve. Pelosi was already taking about the next bill before this made it out of the house the first time.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2021, 10:38:39 AM »
Just two more trillion to flatten the curve. Pelosi was already taking about the next bill before this made it out of the house the first time.

The sooner they crash the country the sooner the dems get revenge for the civil war

Ep III: Revenge of the Sith Democrats
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 11:27:53 AM »

I was just counting the actual stimulus money,  not the added pork.  And I simplified it a bit.  900 billion divided by 300 million.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 02:38:37 PM »
I haven't kept track.

Last year I got stimulated in April. Then I got a smaller stimulus January 4, and apparently Turbotax says I'm going to get extra tax refund too, which I assume is actually the rest of the payment I got in January. Does this mean there's yet another stimulus payment coming in addition to the January+tax credit payment?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2021, 02:48:20 PM »
"and apparently Turbotax says I'm going to get extra tax refund too"

Yes. I posted about that a couple of weeks ago.

Turns out that if you only got partially stimulated get some sort of tax credit.

It turned out that that credit boosted my refund a couple hundred dollars.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »
Too bad I'm not an FOC - Farmer of Color.

I heard that there's 120% loan forgiveness in there for FOCs.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain