Author Topic: Secura Stainless Steel French Press: Good Stuff  (Read 1001 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Secura Stainless Steel French Press: Good Stuff
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker 18/10 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen (1500ML/50oz)
http://www.amazon.com/Secura-Stainless-French-Coffee-Screen/dp/B00UQX27ZW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

If you like French press coffee or making coffee the easiest way possible, this is one heck of a good tool for the job.

I have had smaller glass & plastic FPs.  They work fine, but the glass ones always break after a year.  Most are very thin glass and it takes just one moment of inattention.  This steel deal is a double-wall stainless steel construction.  If it lasts two years, it will be a cheaper solution than any of my glass FPs.

So, how does it work?  Like a French Press, but the carafe won;t break.  We like to use turkish grind coffee, as that steeps in a jiffy, almost instantly.  We just take it easy when pressing.

I also like the size.  1.5L/50oz per press, FTW.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
Re: Secura Stainless Steel French Press: Good Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »
Interesting that this came on my radar now- I was about to order a new FP, the screen on my old one is worn out.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 01:43:37 PM »
That's a beautiful piece of machinery. I broke my original FP, which was the super cheap design with a handle that clipped onto the glass carafe. I've had the slightly nicer version with the insulated sleeve that the carafe sits in for a few years now. I do like the size on this one though. I've only found one larger, a full 2L!

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 01:55:08 PM »
I have a stainless FP by Nissan/Thermos that's insulated (double wall). It will keep coffee hot for at least 2 hours.

Very nice piece of kit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »
I'm going to have to order me one of them.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »
Interesting that this came on my radar now- I was about to order a new FP, the screen on my old one is worn out.

You can replace screens.  I replace the screen in my 32oz Nissan/Thermos every year.

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 02:21:59 PM »
I have a stainless FP by Nissan/Thermos that's insulated (double wall). It will keep coffee hot for at least 2 hours.

Very nice piece of kit.

I have the same one. Great for at home or camping. I've taken it on fishing trips where I was renting a condo as well. Easy to carry and beats anything provided at the rental. Though I've also just been reverting to cowboy coffee on occasion when traveling.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 03:57:55 PM »
Got mine from Castle Key for Xmas years ago.

Mtnbkr got his from me for Xmas a few years ago.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »
Forgot to mention that the double-wall steel construction keeps it warmer for longer than the glass carafe.

Directions say do not put it in the dishwasher.  Yeah, right.  Carafe in bottom rack, press-dealie in top rack. 

That's a beautiful piece of machinery. I broke my original FP, which was the super cheap design with a handle that clipped onto the glass carafe. I've had the slightly nicer version with the insulated sleeve that the carafe sits in for a few years now. I do like the size on this one though. I've only found one larger, a full 2L!

Two liters, dang.  I thought I was hot stuff with 1.5L. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 07:47:22 PM »

Two liters, dang.  I thought I was hot stuff with 1.5L. 

I have never understood why most French presses are so small. This is America, dammit. Super-size me!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."