Does Jedi mind control work on zombies?

Yes.
1 (2.4%)
No.
14 (34.1%)
This is not the poll I'm looking for.
26 (63.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Zombies vs. Jedi  (Read 8559 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Zombies vs. Jedi
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »
Do zombies have a mind to control? Are they just controlled by instinct, and is this something Jedi can, or know how to, control?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Zombies vs. Jedi
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »
Didn't the virus kill all upper brain function, leaving only instinctive and reflexive function of the lower brain intact?  Jedi mind tricks aren't going to help, but that saber should do wonders on some walkers.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »
No mind control, per se, but Jedi can also manipulate matter, so Force-forcing zombies off-cliff/into swamp/against wall at high speed/etc. should be doable. Then, as Chris observes, there's the whole "remove head from body with light weapon" aspect...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:17:31 PM by SADShooter »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »
Yes, obviously the Jedi have other methods.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
Depends on which kind of zombies we're talking about here. Old school undead shamblers, or the new hotness of infected runners?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Depends on which kind of zombies we're talking about here. Old school undead shamblers, or the new hotness of infected runners?

Either way, the jedi can repeal them with the force long enough to slice them up with a light saber.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 01:59:03 PM »
Any chance they could just use the Force to twist the heads right off the walking corpse?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 02:12:27 PM »
Any chance they could just use the Force to twist the heads right off the walking corpse?

The implications of the way the Force was used by its practitioners in the movies were rather large and were in no way addressed by Lucas. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »

Don't see why not.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 03:03:03 PM »
Screw Yoda - Chewie can rip Zombies apart in seconds - and he is much bigger!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »

Can wookies turn into zombies?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »
How effective would Force-lightning be on zombies?

All I need is a lightsaber and a hoverboard.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

Better yet. Can Yoda turn into a zombie?

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
Would a zombie-jedi retain any of its powers?  Would the zombie brain be able to control the midiclorians?  Because that would be bad...

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »
Would a zombie-jedi retain any of its powers?  Would the zombie brain be able to control the midiclorians?  Because that would be bad...

Or the midiclorians could control the jedi zombie...

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 03:37:30 PM »
What of the midiclorians become zombiefied?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »
In some of the games, you could throw the light saber out like a boomerang; as you progressed, you could even get it to hover in one place for a time, spinning horizontally and slicing into your enemies like a massive circular saw of death.

So you could get 10-20 master Jedis, walking in a line and force-circular-sawing the crap out of everything 10-20 yards in front of them. They'd go through a horde of shuffling zeds like a giant meat grinder.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:15 PM »
Who needs Jedi?.....a few squads of battle droids would wipe out the zombie population in a few days.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
I think in one of the Clone Wars show Yoda smashes a wave of attackers with a tank. As in, swings the thing about with Da Force and crushes a bunch of droids.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

erictank

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 05:48:12 AM »
Yup. A Jedi Knight should have no problem with just about any number of zombies - Force-push one or many away, use saber in hand or thrown to slice-and-dice zombie heads, use Force-TK to manipulate small or large objects to damage or crush the zombies, and perhaps even use the Force directly to simply pop the heads off or crush them. Jedi prohibitions against using the Force directly against a living being to harm them should not apply - zombies aren't living.

And their danger sense ought to essentially prevent them from being taken by surprise, either. Lightning? Well, maybe - there'd be the involuntary-muscle-contraction effect, but it wouldn't HURT the zombies, and did not ever appear powerful enough to simply blow holes through the target (remember, Luke was immobilized and in enormous pain, but there was little to no physical damage from the Emperor's lightning, once he got pitched into the pit).

I suspect a zombified Jedi would be unable to use Force powers.  With no conscious mind to direct the use of the Force, any remaining potential the body might possess should remain untapped, and since it's only generated by living things, since zombies aren't living they shouldn't have any potential.

Could a Jedi's self-healing abilities overcome a zombie bite? Possibly, but not enough information to be certain one way or the other.  Particularly-powerful Jedi such as Anakin, Luke, Yoda - almost certainly, I'd say. Generic Jedi #54, who survived the Battle in the Geonosis Arena by the skin of his teeth? Who knows.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 08:32:47 AM »
Yup. A Jedi Knight should have no problem with just about any number of zombies - Force-push one or many away, use saber in hand or thrown to slice-and-dice zombie heads, use Force-TK to manipulate small or large objects to damage or crush the zombies, and perhaps even use the Force directly to simply pop the heads off or crush them. Jedi prohibitions against using the Force directly against a living being to harm them should not apply - zombies aren't living.

And their danger sense ought to essentially prevent them from being taken by surprise, either. Lightning? Well, maybe - there'd be the involuntary-muscle-contraction effect, but it wouldn't HURT the zombies, and did not ever appear powerful enough to simply blow holes through the target (remember, Luke was immobilized and in enormous pain, but there was little to no physical damage from the Emperor's lightning, once he got pitched into the pit).

I suspect a zombified Jedi would be unable to use Force powers.  With no conscious mind to direct the use of the Force, any remaining potential the body might possess should remain untapped, and since it's only generated by living things, since zombies aren't living they shouldn't have any potential.

Could a Jedi's self-healing abilities overcome a zombie bite? Possibly, but not enough information to be certain one way or the other.  Particularly-powerful Jedi such as Anakin, Luke, Yoda - almost certainly, I'd say. Generic Jedi #54, who survived the Battle in the Geonosis Arena by the skin of his teeth? Who knows.

Out-nerded us all, you have.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 09:04:19 AM »
What about a zombie vs a reaver?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:08 AM »
Out-nerded us all, you have.

Quite the accomplishment, that.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
What about a zombie vs a reaver?

Good one. The Reavers have the definite advantage in speed, violence, technology and intelligence. However, raping and eating zombies is the mother of all self-defeating strategies. So would they figure out what was going on, and eliminate all zombies in their path, or would they become the ultimate, ultra-violent zombie menace?

Next up, zombie vs. Borg.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 10:23:11 AM »
I think since reavers are crazy, but living, they would just turn into zombies.

Zombies win, but passively.

Actually, that might be a good way to defeat the reavers. Just turn reavers into zombie and then leasurly pop off the zombies from a high vantage point.

Now, the real question would be undead vs. undead or zombies vs.vampires....