Does Jedi mind control work on zombies?

Yes.
1 (2.4%)
No.
14 (34.1%)
This is not the poll I'm looking for.
26 (63.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Zombies vs. Jedi  (Read 8560 times)

erictank

• friends
Re: Zombies vs. Jedi
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
Out-nerded us all, you have.

Dude, I *ALWAYS* had you guys out-nerded. ;/ =D

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »
Dude, I *ALWAYS* had you guys out-nerded. ;/ =D

You really want to admit that....
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 01:12:12 PM »
In some of the games, you could throw the light saber out like a boomerang; as you progressed, you could even get it to hover in one place for a time, spinning horizontally and slicing into your enemies like a massive circular saw of death.

Ayep.  Force Unleashed was the first time Star Wars folks used the force in an effective manner.  Pick up enemies, lift them over edge of long drop, and let go. Bonus points on the game engine, storm troopers will grab onto stuff while screaming incoherently midair if they can reach it. Or throw a barrel of combustibles at someone, then hit it with force lightning.

Of course, it's Star Wars. First rule of Star Wars... It's Star Wars. SOMETHING must ruin the experience. And the game did, insanely short with levels reused twice.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
You really want to admit that....

Remember, I'm the guy who gets dressed up in a movie-grade Darth Vader outfit and goes out in public for parades and charity events and stuff.  You think that posting on a friendly message forum that I out-nerd the rest of you is going to even make me BLINK?  :laugh:

Got a parade in Alexandria (subject to weather - my electronics don't do well in the rain, and it might on Saturday) and a hospital visit for a child cancer patient this weekend, in fact. Embarrassed by it?  I'm PROUD of what I do, on multiple levels. And it got me a girlfriend, who became my wife.  So which part am I supposed to be embarrassed about?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
So, did it get you the day manager job in the store, too, Chad? =D
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »
I'm PROUD of what I do, on multiple levels. And it got me a girlfriend, who became my wife.  So which part am I supposed to be embarrassed about?

Meh. I got me a woman without having to use Jedi mind tricks.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »

LOL.  I withdraw my previous post. Your response is much better.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »

Meh. I got me a woman without having to use Jedi mind tricks.  :P

Kidnapping and tying her to the stove is not better then using jedi mind tricks.
 ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

erictank

• friends
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »

And a fair bit of Internet fame, as well.

LOL.  I withdraw my previous post. Your response is much better.

They were both pretty good, actually.

BSL's response to you was better  =D.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
Remember, I'm the guy who gets dressed up in a movie-grade Darth Vader outfit and goes out in public for parades and charity events and stuff.  You think that posting on a friendly message forum that I out-nerd the rest of you is going to even make me BLINK?  :laugh:

Got a parade in Alexandria (subject to weather - my electronics don't do well in the rain, and it might on Saturday) and a hospital visit for a child cancer patient this weekend, in fact. Embarrassed by it?  I'm PROUD of what I do, on multiple levels. And it got me a girlfriend, who became my wife.  So which part am I supposed to be embarrassed about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0&feature=youtube_gdata_player   

Awwww... Arn't you so cute.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 01:55:05 PM »

BSL's response to you was better  =D.

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all day.
 :laugh:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »
Kidnapping and tying her to the stove is not better then using jedi mind tricks.
 ;/

Envy - such an ugly emotion.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »

Envy - such an ugly emotion.

You just are mad because I don't admire your caveman courting technique.
 :P

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
Neither did Mrs. fistful, but caveman care not for musings of women.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
Now, the real question would be undead vs. undead or zombies vs.vampires....

DEADLIEST WARRIOR on Spike channel did that already....vampires won, but turned into super-zombies.....

....I'll take my Uber-Nerd prize back, thank you very much.....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »
Ayep.  Force Unleashed was the first time Star Wars folks used the force in an effective manner.  Pick up enemies, lift them over edge of long drop, and let go. Bonus points on the game engine, storm troopers will grab onto stuff while screaming incoherently midair if they can reach it. Or throw a barrel of combustibles at someone, then hit it with force lightning. 

The game I was thinking of was much earlier - late 90s or early 2000s; I can't recall the name of it offhand, but you could also pick up enemies and throw them off ledges, force push objects and enemies around, lightsaber off limbs (though I think it was either a random death animation or was only in response to a certain combo), etc. I also seem to remember that Jedi Academy had somewhat similar game mechanics (except you couldn't de-limb your opponents), but I haven't played that for a while so I can't be sure.

Haven't played Force Unleashed, but from what I've seen of it, it definitely took the Force powers to 11.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
DEADLIEST WARRIOR on Spike channel did that already....vampires won, but turned into super-zombies.....

....I'll take my Uber-Nerd prize back, thank you very much.....  :cool:

Couch potato prize maybe.  :P

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:05 AM »
Haven't played Force Unleashed, but from what I've seen of it, it definitely took the Force powers to 11.

Meh. Should be considered...  oh, five?  Perhaps if Jedi focused on actual useful abilities instead of hokey religions and ancient weapons, they wouldn't have been wiped out so easily.

[popcorn]
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »
Couch potato prize maybe.  :P

Only if it's deep-fried in cheese.... =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0&feature=youtube_gdata_player   

Awwww... Arn't you so cute.

Hey, no need to be posting my family's old home videos!

:laugh:

The game I was thinking of was much earlier - late 90s or early 2000s; I can't recall the name of it offhand, but you could also pick up enemies and throw them off ledges, force push objects and enemies around, lightsaber off limbs (though I think it was either a random death animation or was only in response to a certain combo), etc. I also seem to remember that Jedi Academy had somewhat similar game mechanics (except you couldn't de-limb your opponents), but I haven't played that for a while so I can't be sure.

Dark Forces series, starting from the second one on (in which Kyle Katarn actually develops Jedi powers). Jedi Knight, as it was called, allowed you to pick Dark Side or Light Side powers to develop as you progressed. Dark Side powers were more destructive.

The Jedi Outcast (where Kyle regains his renounced Jedi powers, and in which a new game engine debuted) and Jedi Academy (same game engine, new player-character which the user got to modify in several details before play; also intro'd player-usable dual-wielded or dual-bladed sabers in mid-game) increased use of Force powers, though less attention was paid to the whole Dark-Side/Light Side split. Anyone could use stuff like lightning or choke without "endangering their souls".  Loved 'em all, especially the last two.

(reclaims UberNerd prize.  Besides, that episode of Deadliest Warrior was stupid.  Even if it DID have Max Brooks and George Romero).

The troops yesterday were teh awesomez. We had 11 troopers, several with St Patrick's Day accoutrements (including me with a big green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" tie in place of my chestbox), and the crowd loved us. The hospital visit was awesome for entirely different reasons.  Stefano, the boy we went to see, was doing relatively well, and had a blast interacting with the 3 of us who were able to go - especially JonWayne, who was costuming as Captain Rex from the Clone Wars series (Stefano's a huge CW fan). His brother and sister also were all over us.  We then took a turn through the oncology ward, which was sobering - the kind of thing you hate needing to do, but I'm so glad we were able to bring smiles to some kids who really needed a little bit of brightening to their day.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
The troops yesterday were teh awesomez. We had 11 troopers, several with St Patrick's Day accoutrements (including me with a big green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" tie in place of my chestbox), and the crowd loved us. The hospital visit was awesome for entirely different reasons.  Stefano, the boy we went to see, was doing relatively well, and had a blast interacting with the 3 of us who were able to go - especially JonWayne, who was costuming as Captain Rex from the Clone Wars series (Stefano's a huge CW fan). His brother and sister also were all over us.  We then took a turn through the oncology ward, which was sobering - the kind of thing you hate needing to do, but I'm so glad we were able to bring smiles to some kids who really needed a little bit of brightening to their day.

That's just awesome.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »
Good on you and the troops, ubernerd. :cool:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 02:03:46 PM »
The troops yesterday were teh awesomez. We had 11 troopers, several with St Patrick's Day accoutrements (including me with a big green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" tie in place of my chestbox), and the crowd loved us. The hospital visit was awesome for entirely different reasons.  Stefano, the boy we went to see, was doing relatively well, and had a blast interacting with the 3 of us who were able to go - especially JonWayne, who was costuming as Captain Rex from the Clone Wars series (Stefano's a huge CW fan). His brother and sister also were all over us.  We then took a tur
n through the oncology ward, which was sobering - the kind of thing you hate needing to do, but I'm so glad we were able to bring smiles to some kids who really needed a little bit of brightening to their day.

Please tell me you stole their candy, beat up a nun and told them Santa was detained for sedition against the Empire.  You stormtroopers have a reputation to live up to!

I'm actually tempted to make one of those costumes now.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
Please tell me you stole their candy, beat up a nun and told them Santa was detained for sedition against the Empire.  You stormtroopers have a reputation to live up to!

I'm actually tempted to make one of those costumes now.

I hope those kids blow up your death star
 ;/