Author Topic: Hang fire  (Read 8076 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Hang fire
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
SWMBO started labor about 0130 last night.  Called the midwife and she came out to the house.  By 0700 labor had completely stalled out.  They (midwife and her student trainee) hung out until 0930 or so and then left.  It's now 1830 and no particular sign that it'll start back up.

Hoping something happens tonight.
Formerly sumpnz

Bigjake

• friend
Re: Hang fire
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:44:11 PM »
Good luck man!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 09:51:29 PM »
This one seems very different from the first 3.  

The first one her water broke on the first contraction.  4.5 hours later we were holding Thing 1 (and a coupke hours after that she peed on me).  The second time she some false labor in the early afternoon.  We went in, labor stopped, we got dinner, went for a walk, then got sent home.  A couple hours later real labor hit like freight train.  55 minutes later (and 7 minutes before we got back to the birth center) Thing 2 was born.  Third round her water broke with a sneeze while her mom was cooking dinner.  Hour and a half later labor started, and 2 hours and 2 minutes after labor started Thing 3 was crying.
Formerly sumpnz

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:11:33 PM »
We're pullin' for ya! [/Red Green voice]

Shouldn't you be boiling water or something?  In the movies they all go boil water and then the baby gets born.  Well, all except for Butterfly McQueen. :angel:

What's the missuz want?  Back rubs?  Pickles & peanut butter?  Your head on a pole?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:14:14 PM »
At that stage of the game those are not mutually exclusive desires.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 11:18:42 PM »
Fingers and toes crossed for complete fingers and toes and a bellow to give you many (happily) sleepless hours...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 11:33:32 PM »
We're pullin' for ya! [/Red Green voice]

Shouldn't you be boiling water or something?  In the movies they all go boil water and then the baby gets born.  Well, all except for Butterfly McQueen. :angel:

What's the missuz want?  Back rubs?  Pickles & peanut butter?  Your head on a pole?

stay safe.

Actually, I have been boiling water.  But that's because our water heater leaves something to be desired, and she likes to labor and deliver in the bath tub.  Boiling water makes it easier to keep the bath warm enough.

As for the rest, well, food of any kind is low on the priorities list, as is being touched while contractions are occuring.
Formerly sumpnz

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 12:14:06 AM »
That leaves the "your head on a pike" option.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 07:40:28 AM »
any movement?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »
Been there, twice. No midwife, just numerous false alarm trips to the hospital. ;)

Good luck! :D
Avoid cliches like the plague!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
No news?
Hang fire

Keep the business end pointed downrange, wait 30 seconds, carefully open the action.  :laugh: 
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 09:51:27 AM »
No news?
Keep the business end pointed downrange, wait 30 seconds, carefully open the action.  :laugh: 

I think that's what got them into this position to begin with.....   :P
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
Contractions are "not intense" ( her words) and anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours apart.  Some back pain.  But nothing that is helping to actually move things long.  Hopefully soon.
Formerly sumpnz

Myself

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »
On our first the Mrs. did this for about 2 weeks.  I got to the "call me when you see the head" stage.  Every one is different.  Enjoy the exp. and be flexible.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 03:45:04 AM »
So what's the news?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 11:06:49 AM »
Even the occasisional contractions have stopped.  She slept well last night.
Formerly sumpnz

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 07:10:43 PM »
4-5cm, no amniotic fuid leaking, no contractions, midwife says "watch and wait."
Formerly sumpnz

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »
Actually, I have been boiling water.  But that's because our water heater leaves something to be desired, and she likes to labor and deliver in the bath tub.  Boiling water makes it easier to keep the bath warm enough.

As for the rest, well, food of any kind is low on the priorities list, as is being touched while contractions are occuring.

If Thing 4 comes out looking like a lobster you may have left the SWMBO in the water too long.  :lol:

4-5cm, no amniotic fuid leaking, no contractions, midwife says "watch and wait."

Maybe the kid forgot to pack their luggage ahead of time and had to hit the snooze button?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »
Actually should say the test for amniotic fluid was inconclusive, not negative.
Formerly sumpnz

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 07:29:16 PM »
I guess the midwife looked at some samples ith a microscope and even that was inconclusive for amniotic fluids.  SWMBO has some litmus paper for additional tests at home.

If the litmus paper tests go from inconclusive to positive (indicating a very small leak) the midwife apparently said she'd come to the house and fully break the water.  At that point though the clock starts ticking, and failure to initiate labor will eventually result is being transferred to the hospital for induction.
Formerly sumpnz

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
Have you got a trampoline handy?  Jumping jacks, maybe?

(Had four with the ex-.  She thinks I am an evil bastidge.)
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 09:09:33 PM »
So, litmus test went positive.  Midwife is on the way.
Formerly sumpnz

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »
Too late for my suggestion then, it worked for us  =D =D.

Samuel Adams

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »
HERE WE GO!
Formerly sumpnz

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?