Main Forums > The Roundtable

Anyone Bowfish?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ben:

--- Quote from: MillCreek on June 30, 2020, 01:11:59 PM ---So if they sell dynamite over the counter in Idaho, would a quarter-stick suffice?  Note I am deliberately suggesting dynamite as possibly easier to obtain over the standard APS detcord.

--- End quote ---

I've been working for the last year to improve and rehabilitate the pond, and you guys tell me to blow it up. Typical APS.  :laugh:

I remember what was said of an old foreman of mine back in the oilfield days: "As long as Dupont keeps making dynamite, Lester will keep on fishing."  =D

Perd Hapley:
I felt a little bowfish this morning, but it cleared up.

Ben:

--- Quote from: fistful on June 30, 2020, 04:09:54 PM ---I felt a little bowfish this morning, but it cleared up.

--- End quote ---

That's what she said.

Kingcreek:
Years ago. Used to go in the spring when big carp were spawning in the feeder creeks and ditches. It was a hoot.
I think its easier with a recurve but have used an old bear compound. check the pawn shops or ebay or wherever for cheap used recurves with a threaded stabilizer insert.
I could usually fill a couple 5gal buckets with farm ditch carp. I would bring them home and bury them in the garden.
I've still got a couple reels and a few glass arrows and barbed points around somewhere. Still have the 45" compound somewhere too. I used a faster compound bow and 150# test braided line with a steel leader when I shot gar (even more fun than carp).
redneck single guy fun I don't do anymore

Jim147:
Yeah I still have a reel and two arrows. Girl keeps saying she wants to do it but hasn't yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version