Author Topic: They love their burritos in Texas...  (Read 7577 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
They love their burritos in Texas...
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »
MAYBE a bit too much:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/21/angry-taco-bell-customer-fires-officers-police-say/

Guy gets upset that the price of his burrito is $1.49 instead of $.99. Attacks the Taco Bell worker and then fires at police after barricading himself in a hotel room.

???
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: They love their burritos in Texas...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »
If it was a 360 Gourmet burrito or a La Victoria burrito then I could sympathize. But a Taco Bell "burrito?"
 [barf]
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

PTK

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
Fires with a BB gun.

Tillerson told police that the man got angry, pulled out a BB gun and fired at him before fleeing into the parking lot.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/03/21/2011-03-21_taco_bell_fan_rages_after_price_of_burrito_rises_shoots_at_cops_and_triggers_3_1.html
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:16:22 PM »
Fires with a BB gun.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/03/21/2011-03-21_taco_bell_fan_rages_after_price_of_burrito_rises_shoots_at_cops_and_triggers_3_1.html

Then he moved to an "assault weapon" for the cops.  That of course could mean anything but I presume it means a real gun of some sort.

queue the AK-47 poster!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 06:22:07 PM »

Guy gets upset that the price of his burrito is $1.49 instead of $.99.

Hell, I'm upset that they got rid of the 59/79/99 menu.

I eat a lot less fast food now that I can't get fast food for less than $5, but I can still go to Chili's, Applebee's or the local pub and get something decent for less than $10.  The price differential just is too close.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »
Police say a San Antonio Taco Bell customer enraged that the seven burritos he ordered had gone up in price fired an air gun at an employee and later fired an assault rifle at officers before barricading himself into a hotel room.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/21/angry-taco-bell-customer-fires-officers-police-say/#ixzz1HHAlPoxy

'Cause your air gun is just for fighting your way to a rifle.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CSM Kersh

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 07:02:06 PM »
Here's a local news story on the mess.

He fired a BB gun at the store clerk, then fled outside and placed a "machinegun" on the roof of his vehicle.  Fire a shot or 2 at the cops when they arrived very quickly.  Standoff lasted about 4 hours once he was holed up in his motel room.  CS cured that.

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 08:37:07 PM »
Hey, I've been likin' that double cheesy burrito or whatever it's called that has a bunch of the fire-breathin' fritos wrapped up in it - At $0.99, it'll set you on fire...
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 09:08:24 PM »
What if I told you that your 99-cent burrito had been replaced by a $1.50 burrito?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
What if I told you that your 99-cent burrito had been replaced by a $1.50 burrito?

Kaos!

Really, the only Mexican food worth fighting over is that served at Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth.  You pay what they ask and pay gladly.  If someone tries to take it from you after you've paid, then may God have mercy on his soul. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:54:25 PM »

They love their burritos in Texas...
MAYBE a bit too much
Ya darn tootin'!
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
So isn't a burrito a little donkey  ???   :lol:

There's a mexican place by Magic Mountain that I really like called "El Torrito" (little bull?)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »
If it was a 360 Gourmet burrito or a La Victoria burrito then I could sympathize. But a Taco Bell "burrito?"
 [barf]

If you get around Houston, try Freebirds.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
Bad words in video, web site not work-safe:
Chris Farley finds out his burrito costs $1.50

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »

>Mexican food
>freebirds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 11:36:38 PM »
Can anybody explain to me why use CS on an armed suspect who has no hostages and has shot at police before?

Why not just put a grenade into the room and end the conversation there and then?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

CSM Kersh

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »

Unlike many departments, SAPD prefers to take them in alive.  I've seen them take 4 hours before rather than kicking a door and shooting someone.  Now if an officer had actually been hit by gunfire, RoE would be different.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:07 AM »
Really, the only Mexican food worth fighting over is that served at Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth.

Yeah, I don't get that.  I mean, it was worth eating, but I don't see why everybody raves about it.  My theory about "Mexican" restaurants is that they're frequented by Gringos who don't have any Mexican friends who can cook.

Guy gets upset that the price of his burrito is $1.49 instead of $.99. Attacks the Taco Bell worker and then fires at police after barricading himself in a hotel room.
Are we sue this didn't happen after he ate the burrito?  'Cause then it would be self defense.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 06:00:04 AM »

Also found in the Austin and College Station area....good stuff....  =D

But, for a good Mexican chain restaurant, nothing beats Ninfa's......  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »

I'm about 95% sure that's the place my wife and I go to whenever we're in Atlanta for DragonCon - EXCELLENT food.  Wish they had one here in the DC area.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
That was true 20 years ago, but now I'm not so sure.  Do you go to the original Ninfa's on Navigation St, or one of the newer ones?

The best Mexican food I've had in Texas was at Doneraki, on Fulton (also 20 years ago.)  But the Mexican food I really liked was in Colorado; it seemed to be more American Indian-ish rather than Texan or Californian, and was probably more authentic "Mexican".  It had a lot more peppers, and a lot less beef and cumin, and no tomatoes.
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
I've been to Ninfa's near Houston Hobby airport. Good food, excellent margaritas.

To continue the thread veer... there is a difference between Mexican food and Tex-Mex. I prefer Tex-Mex because it has more flavor, veggies, varieties, options, etc.  I've had real Mexican food in Matamoros, Chihuahua, Torreon, and Cancun and it was all a little less rich and flavorful. A bit simple compared to Tex-Mex.

And then there is New Mexico/southwestern Mexican. That is wonderful, but hard to find. I need to get back to Santa Fe.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »
The one thing I agree with actual Mexicans about is that Tex-Mex normally has way way too much cheese.

Ninfa's in the Galleria in Houston is also very good.  I think it depends on the individual restaurant.  
Pappasito's in Houston has some of the best fajitas ever.  They taste like prime steak cut into well flavored fajitas.  Very good.  I'm not sure the rest of their stuff is any better than anyone else though.  I might actually understand the guy's reaction if someone tried to take his Pappasitos take out fajitas, but those are a whole lot more than $1.50.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »

Yeah, I figured Houston is a more likely destination than College Station.  No one wants to go to Austin.   =D

Freebirds was across the street from campus in College Station when was at A&M.  It was a staple food for a lot of students.  I think that is the original place, but I am not sure of that.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
That was true 20 years ago, but now I'm not so sure.  Do you go to the original Ninfa's on Navigation St, or one of the newer ones?

Never been to the original one....my experiences are in Austin, College Station, and Waco. All good places, but the restaurant design can get noisy sometimes.

Best original place to go is Chuy's in Austin....the rest of the chain doesn't compare to the original....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.