Author Topic: They love their burritos in Texas...  (Read 7578 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: They love their burritos in Texas...
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 01:15:49 AM »
Only thing I miss about CA is Santana's, which was cheap delicious drive through friendly and offered carne asada nachos. No Mexican joint I've found in WA is as good.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 01:39:19 AM »
I don't. They are foul things in my eyes.

People don't seem to realize there was a reason Tejas wanted to be part of the United States, not part of Mexico. I continue to believe that this was because of the food.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »
And then there is New Mexico/southwestern Mexican. That is wonderful, but hard to find. I need to get back to Santa Fe.

I get that whenever I get to Las Cruces and have found hte Mexican chow around Terlingua to be of that sort.  Yum.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
I get that whenever I get to Las Cruces and have found hte Mexican chow around Terlingua to be of that sort.  Yum.

Next time you're in Las cruces, go to Si Senor,  or make the trip to El Paso to Carnitas Queretaro.
Queretaro is the best mexican place in el paso, hands down.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
When I was little we used to go to a Mexican place in Austin.  It seems like it was near downtown/Congress Ave.  I can remember that it was in an old adobe type building/house with thick walls, arched doorways, and little rooms with only 2 or 3 tables each.

Probably long since gone - this was 50+ years ago...  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »
I can remember that it was in an old adobe type building/house with thick walls, arched doorways, and little rooms with only 2 or 3 tables each.  Probably long since gone - this was 50+ years ago...  ;/
The Alamo?  No wait, that's in San Antonio. 
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 07:19:50 PM »
The Alamo?  No wait, that's in San Antonio. 

I've been to the Alamo at about that same time frame.  The rooms were definitely bigger there  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 08:12:36 PM »
Well, I could see being upset if Mamacita's in Kerrville was closed.  However, can't you just go down the street to another taco joint?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »
We gave one of the Compound Kids a coupla crunchy double-cheesy $0.99 burritos. Kid made 'em go away, along with a buncha caffeine.

Somewhat later, there was a trip to the bathroom, followed by much bitching about "too spicy food."

Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
Well, I could see being upset if Mamacita's in Kerrville was closed.  However, can't you just go down the street to another taco joint?
Once you get used to good Tex-Mex, just any old place won't cut it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge